Author Topic: Global central bankers, stuck at zero, unite in plea for help from governments  (Read 1044 times)

Offline unknown

Global central bankers, stuck at zero, unite in plea for help from governments

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/global-central-bankers-stuck-zero-unite-plea-help-123135496--business.html

Howard Schneider
August 28, 2016

Central bankers in charge of the vast bulk of the world's economy delved deep into the weeds of money markets and interest rates over a three-day conference here, and emerged with a common plea to their colleagues in the rest of government: please help.

Mired in a world of low growth, low inflation and low interest rates, officials from the Federal Reserve, Bank of Japan and the European Central Bank said their efforts to bolster the economy through monetary policy may falter unless elected leaders stepped forward with bold measures. These would range from immigration reform in Japan to structural changes to boost productivity and growth in the U.S. and Europe.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Well, I was laughing at the central bankers, figuring they got what they deserved. Figuring also that to help them we would eventually be having to pay for it.

Then, here comes the next article that I posted. Sure enough, we will have to pay big time!!

"It May Take A Massive Program, Large Enough To Shock Taxpayers" - The Jackson Hole Post-Mortem
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,222604.0.html

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline flowers

Well, I was laughing at the central bankers, figuring they got what they deserved. Figuring also that to help them we would eventually be having to pay for it.

Then, here comes the next article that I posted. Sure enough, we will have to pay big time!!

"It May Take A Massive Program, Large Enough To Shock Taxpayers" - The Jackson Hole Post-Mortem
I saw that this morning......global, knew it wasn't going to be good news.

Offline flowers

Also no way teamobama leaves office w/o destroying, I mean fully destroying our economy. also take out the dollar as being the reserve money for the world. Seeing how Iran didn't want US dollars for trade. Also Kerry said it the Iran deal didn't go thru usa wouldn't be reserve dollar anymore. @unknown

Offline unknown

Also no way teamobama leaves office w/o destroying, I mean fully destroying our economy. also take out the dollar as being the reserve money for the world. Seeing how Iran didn't want US dollars for trade. Also Kerry said it the Iran deal didn't go thru usa wouldn't be reserve dollar anymore. @unknown

I kept thinking during the last two elections that Obama wasn't going to be that bad. Just another Bill Clinton. Boy was I wrong! When he said fundamentally change America, he did mean it.

And Hillary will be far, far worse than Obama.

I hope our Navy likes riding Harvey Milk.

Offline flowers

I kept thinking during the last two elections that Obama wasn't going to be that bad. Just another Bill Clinton. Boy was I wrong! When he said fundamentally change America, he did mean it.

And Hillary will be far, far worse than Obama.

I hope our Navy likes riding Harvey Milk.
Obamas Navy will really be riding Harvey Milk.  :smokin:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Global central bankers, stuck at zero, unite in plea for help from governments

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/global-central-bankers-stuck-zero-unite-plea-help-123135496--business.html

Howard Schneider
August 28, 2016

Central bankers in charge of the vast bulk of the world's economy delved deep into the weeds of money markets and interest rates over a three-day conference here, and emerged with a common plea to their colleagues in the rest of government: please help.

Mired in a world of low growth, low inflation and low interest rates, officials from the Federal Reserve, Bank of Japan and the European Central Bank said their efforts to bolster the economy through monetary policy may falter unless elected leaders stepped forward with bold measures. These would range from immigration reform in Japan to structural changes to boost productivity and growth in the U.S. and Europe.

{.. snip ..}

Seriously now, who did not see this coming.
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline r9etb

From the article:

Kuroda acknowledged that household expectations have not moved, and said the BOJ was prepared to continue its battle to figure out how to shift them. In modern monetary theory, households and business expectations are felt to play a defining role in spending and investment decisions, and thus in shaping inflation and growth.

Well, crap, fellas.  What do you expect?

There's no "investment" left anymore that has a good return, except the stock market.  Regular people can't make money in a savings account, bonds, or anything like that -- they just have to trust the managers of the various 401(k) and such, to make a decent return.

Offline LMAO

also take out the dollar as being the reserve money for the world.

@flowers

The dollar isn't going to lose it's world reserve currency status anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:47:22 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy