Author Topic: Where Do Criminals Get Their Guns?  (Read 946 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Where Do Criminals Get Their Guns?
« on: August 28, 2016, 02:41:35 pm »
Bruce Bialosky
Posted: Aug 28, 2016 12:01 AM
Where Do Criminals Get Their Guns?

The anti-gun people want to limit law-abiding citizens from getting guns and now ammunition.  The pro-gun people repeat over and over again “If you out law guns, only outlaws will have guns.”  They evidence that by activities that occur in European countries or that mass shootings typically occur in gun-restricted areas in the U.S.  What is the truth?  Where do criminals get their guns?

Surprisingly, there is no federal database or statewide databases that track these actions.  This is despite the fact they often recover guns from crime scenes or subsequent arrests of the offending party.  If the gun has a serial number, it can be traced to the federal database.  If the serial number is ground off, one can assume the gun was acquired illegally.  The studies done would be more comprehensive if guns left at the scenes of crimes or used by criminals killed in the process of committing a crime were included in the surveys to provide a more comprehensive picture...

...As I stated previously, it appears to me the anti-gun people are creating laws to restrict the activities of law-abiding citizens.  That is because to stop the activities of criminals would be real work as opposed to law-abiding citizens who they can oppress with new laws because by definition they “follow the law.”

This survey almost completely validates that nearly all of the proposals coming from anti-gun people will do little to stop the criminals.

http://townhall.com/columnists/brucebialosky/2016/08/28/untitled-n2210220

Very clearly written.

Offline bob434

Re: Where Do Criminals Get Their Guns?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 03:45:34 am »
[[Where Do Criminals Get Their Guns?]]

From Fast And Furious Deals?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline thackney

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 01:57:09 pm »
Very clearly written.

To have a federal database of gun ownership, it would require all private gun transaction to involve the government.

No thanks.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 02:04:53 pm »
To have a federal database of gun ownership, it would require all private gun transaction to involve the government.

No thanks.

Yes, that was sort of the conclusion of the writer.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2016, 10:42:25 pm »

No thanks.
Oh. A registry (database). Like those Wiemar Republic folks were convinced they needed in the 1920s, and was later by those who shall not be mentioned to confiscate weapons?

We don't need that.

(If you can't discuss history, how in the Hell are you going to learn from it? )
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis