Author Topic: Trump will begin campaigning in communities of color  (Read 2663 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump will begin campaigning in communities of color
« on: August 28, 2016, 01:02:27 pm »
August 28, 2016, 07:00 am

By Jessie Hellmann

Donald Trump plans to campaign in communities of color after trying to court African-Americans in speeches to largely white audiences.

Kellyanne Conway, Trump's new campaign manager, said the Republican presidential nominee would begin meeting with minorities in their communities.

"We're planning on additional events in communities of color," Conway said on John Catsimatidis' radio show, "The Cats Roundtable."

"We're trying to really see the best in these communities and leverage it in terms of continuing success and listening to their concerns but also their success stories," she said.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/293568-trump-will-begin-campaigning-in-communities-of-color
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: Trump will begin campaigning in communities of color
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 01:10:01 pm »
What is Trump  going to do for people of color?  Spend more money?  On what?

He never says.  Like Ross Perot, he identifies a problem and never gives a solution.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 01:14:23 pm »
I hate that phrase "people of color".   I am not colorless. Some people even find me very colorful.  :pondering:
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Gov Bean Counter

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 01:18:14 pm »
I hate that phrase "people of color".   I am not colorless. Some people even find me very colorful.  :pondering:

Fred Sanford had been mugged. The policeman asked him if the mugger was colored. He replied:

Yeah, white.
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 01:20:30 pm »

Maybe he's going to try to reach other orange people??
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 01:25:46 pm »
Maybe he's going to try to reach other orange people??

:thud: :silly:

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 01:27:21 pm »

He never says.  Like Ross Perot, he identifies a problem and never gives a solution.

Their problems are mostly local and self inflicted. Republicans don't even run in those communities any more so no matter what Trump says, he couldn't correct it if he wanted to. Then there's the personal responsibility issue which is the true source of the problem.

The simple fact is that the vast majority of inner city people just vote straight ticket democrat so one man at the top isn't going to be enough to cause them to abandon the rest of the democrats. Here in Michigan we just passed a law to eliminate straight ticket ballots but the democrats sued to stop it. They know they can't afford to lose the single box checkers.

Offline Henry Noel

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2016, 01:38:19 pm »
August 28, 2016, 07:00 am

When's he going to start campaigning in communities of pallor?
Gee, it feels great to be a gangster!

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 02:08:09 pm »

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2016, 02:09:16 pm »
When's he going to start campaigning in communities of pallor?

Hey!  I resemble that remark, and it's communities of FAIRNESS!  (Fairity?  Porcelain-ness?)

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 02:25:04 pm »
Hey!  I resemble that remark, and it's communities of FAIRNESS!  (Fairity?  Porcelain-ness?)

Cracker Please :tongue2:

Silver Pines

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2016, 02:37:08 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2016, 02:45:32 pm »

Inner city black families have been one of the worse victims of left wing policies. If you want to see what unfettered left wing policies would do, look in any inner city or the Indian reservations. The road to Hell has been paved with good intentions

The dirty little secret  is I think the inner cities are beyond repair. The level of dependency and despair is so high you will never fix the issues plaguing them without riots or pain.

I'm sure he will discuss bringing jobs into these areas but every politician who has ran, is currently running, and will run has stated the same thing. The issues in these communities goes way beyond whether they have a job or not
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 02:49:43 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2016, 03:18:34 pm »

"We're planning on additional events in communities of color," Conway said on John Catsimatidis' radio show, "The Cats Roundtable."

Trump's strategy may be the dumbest in American POTUS election history.  That demographic won't shift, plus you risk tons of bad photo ops and press with booing and protests.  He is losing on purpose.  IMO

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »
Trump's strategy may be the dumbest in American POTUS election history.  That demographic won't shift, plus you risk tons of bad photo ops and press with booing and protests.  He is losing on purpose.  IMO

They praised Rand Paul for coming to the hood (Highland Park Mi) and noticed that Clinton passed through Detroit on her way to wealthier neighborhoods north of Detroit But in the end, they didn't vote for Rand Paul.

There are ways of making inroads but it isn't through the White house. Inroads into the inner cities are at the street level up.

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2016, 05:09:53 pm »
They praised Rand Paul for coming to the hood (Highland Park Mi) and noticed that Clinton passed through Detroit on her way to wealthier neighborhoods north of Detroit But in the end, they didn't vote for Rand Paul.

There are ways of making inroads but it isn't through the White house. Inroads into the inner cities are at the street level up.

"I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and wouldn't lose any voters, ok? It's, like, incredible." — Donald Trump.

He could do the same thing on the south side Of Chicago and not lose any voters either.   Now unlike 5th Ave....The brothers would put a cap in his honkey cracker a$$ but still the results are the same!

Offline musiclady

Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Axel

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2016, 05:28:09 pm »

Ignoring that demographic for 5 decades is the dumbest strategy in political history. Based on Romney's results, Trump stands to lose at most 5% of the black vote, and 95% is up for grabs. If he doesn't improve upon Romney's numbers with black voters, he will lose, end of story. I agree there is a high probably it will fail, but at worst Trump is laying the groundwork for future Republicans to grow the party.

"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

geronl

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2016, 05:33:02 pm »

geronl

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2016, 05:34:44 pm »
He said he doesn't need or want conservative votes and plans no GOTV effort.

Yes, he is losing on purpose

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2016, 05:54:01 pm »
Ignoring that demographic for 5 decades is the dumbest strategy in political history.

On a macro-scale I couldn't agree more.  But if you think this can shift in amy form or fashion in the next two months..........  Well, I'll just say that political capital is limited (time/money),and  any effort at least 2016 is try is a waste of these.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 05:56:51 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

HonestJohn

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 06:25:16 pm »

He's trolling for just that.

For he'll use it to shore up the 'law and order' vote.  He'll point out how lawless and wild blacks are and hope soccer moms will vote for him to protect them from those wild black men.

He's following past demagogues and using minorities as a scapgoat... trying to elicit a response that he can use to justify the scapegoating.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:28:47 pm by HonestJohn »

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 09:19:49 pm »
That is SO bad, @CatherineofAragon !

Funny, but BAD!  888high58888

@musiclady

LOL...I ran across it on twitter at about the same time I saw this thread.  It was perfect timing!

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2016, 10:20:10 am »

I am so fair skinned that I can get a sunburn by merely standing too close to an open container of Sunny Delight.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 11:06:53 am »
good points.