Author Topic: Nosedive: Clinton Drops Seven Points In Three Days  (Read 495 times)

Offline unknown

Nosedive: Clinton Drops Seven Points In Three Days
« on: August 27, 2016, 10:26:25 pm »

Nosedive: Clinton Drops Seven Points In Three Days

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/08/27/nose-dive-clinton-drops-seven-points-in-three-days-n2210828

Matt Vespa
Aug 27, 2016 1:00 PM

When you combine Hillary Clinton’s lack of appeal with her alleged ethically questionable dealings regarding paid access at the Clinton Foundation, you’re going to take a hit in the polls. In fact, in the past three days, Clinton has dropped seven points against Donald Trump. Nationally, she still leads by five, but that’s still within striking distance of the Republican nominee. That says more about her than Trump.

Both are widely unpopular standard bearers for their respective political parties, but Clinton just seems incapable of breaking 50 percent. There is some silver linings for the Clinton campaign. They’re still leading in key swing states. And if the election were held today, she would handily cobble together enough electoral votes to win. Still, it shows that Hillary’s standing in the polls might be very tenuous, with one bad document dump away from massive erosion in support (via The Hill):

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Nosedive: Clinton Drops Seven Points In Three Days
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 10:34:13 pm »
Being 5 under a piece of garbage like Hitlary is an embarrassment. This national poll also does not address the issue of Donny's terrible polling in critical swing states.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 10:35:46 pm »
Fancy that:  you cut off the real meat of that article.  Here's the money quote:

There is some silver linings for the Clinton campaign. They’re still leading in key swing states. And if the election were held today, she would handily cobble together enough electoral votes to win.

Trump is still dead in the water.  You keep dreaming your swamp fever dreams of the nevermore; the rest of us have to deal with the destruction you've wrought on this country.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 11:44:31 pm »
The gold inside the silver: Its a week before Labor Day and Trump is gaining momentum.

Wingnut

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2016, 12:42:18 am »
Fancy that:  you cut off the real meat of that article.  Here's the money quote:

Trump is still dead in the water.  You keep dreaming your swamp fever dreams of the nevermore; the rest of us have to deal with the destruction you've wrought on this country.

Trump Pimps like unknown A lert don't care about factual posts.

Offline unknown

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2016, 12:47:46 am »
Trump Pimps like unknown A lert don't care about factual posts.

I figured it wouldn't take too long for the typical circle of jerks to show up...

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2016, 12:53:01 am »
The gold inside the silver: Its a week before Labor Day and Trump is gaining momentum.

Not really.  Clinton has gained a point in the RCP average thanks to a Quinnipiac poll that has her up by 10 points.  She is ahead of Trump 6.3 on average.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.