Author Topic: Hillary's Nightmare: FOIA Meets the Internet  (Read 420 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary's Nightmare: FOIA Meets the Internet
« on: August 27, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »
August 27, 2016
Hillary's Nightmare: FOIA Meets the Internet
By William F. Marshall

Perhaps the most interesting development in this most interesting of presidential election seasons has been the convergence of the power of the Freedom of Information Act with the power of the Internet. The impact of these conjoined forces may well determine the political fate of one of our presidential candidates.

The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) was signed into law, fittingly, on July 4, 1966. This piece of legislation, which has been amended and strengthened numerous times since its inception, is a testament to that unique "American exceptionalism" of which Barack Obama was so famously dismissive at a NATO summit meeting in February 2009. (Who can forget “I believe in American exceptionalism, just as I suspect that the Brits believe in British exceptionalism and the Greeks believe in Greek exceptionalism.”?) FOIA truly embodies the spirit of Lincoln's immortal description of America representing "government of the people, by the people, for the people." It requires our government to be accountable to its citizens by allowing anyone to demand that the records of its operations be produced to those very citizens.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/08/hillarys_nightmare_foia_meets_the_internet.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

HonestJohn

Re: Hillary's Nightmare: FOIA Meets the Internet
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 07:26:13 pm »
I suggest reading "A Bravo New World" by Aldous Huxley.

Placing information out for public consumption when most care not... is the same as if the information was never released at all.