Author Topic: Canadian Couple Married 62 Years Forced To Live Apart Because of Government Health Care  (Read 444 times)

rangerrebew

Canadian Couple Married 62 Years Forced To Live Apart Because of Government Health Care
Posted By Jack Heretik On August 26, 2016 @ 4:03 pm In Issues | No Comments

A Canadian couple married for 62 years si being forced to live more than 30 minutes apart since neither of their nursing home facilities can accommodate the two of them.

Wolf and Anita Gottschalk live in two different nursing homes in Surrey, British Columbia, NBC News reports. Wolf is 83 and Anita is 81.

A backlog at Anita’s care facility has caused the issue. Their family drives Anita every other day to Wolf’s facility, but the couple leaves in tears as they have to say goodbye. Their family would like to be able to have them both in Anita’s facility so they can spend more time together.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/issues/couple-married-62-years-forced-live-apart-because-government-health-care/

Offline Suppressed

My blind father fell down stairs and was taken to a trauma center out of state. During rehab, my mom couldn't get him moved closer to her, because the move would be considered a "convenience", so she had to drive an hour each way each day.

My mom, a former nurse, has prevented my dad's death from mistakes in hospitals many times, so she really needs to be there.

That's here in the US.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

rangerrebew

My blind father fell down stairs and was taken to a trauma center out of state. During rehab, my mom couldn't get him moved closer to her, because the move would be considered a "convenience", so she had to drive an hour each way each day.

My mom, a former nurse, has prevented my dad's death from mistakes in hospitals many times, so she really needs to be there.

That's here in the US.

Conservatives were correct about this monstrosity all along and the democrats knew their plans were wrong.  Johnathon Gruber, the architect, told them so.