Author Topic: It’s Hillary or Trump – What’s a Conservative Supposed to Do?  (Read 2049 times)

Offline unknown

It’s Hillary or Trump – What’s a Conservative Supposed to Do?

http://www.davidbahnsen.com/index.php/2016/07/29/its-hillary-or-trump-whats-a-conservative-supposed-to-do/

JULY 29, 2016
DAVID BAHNSEN

It’s crunch time, my friends.  The conventions are over.  The Republicans have finished their four days of lambasting free trade and traditional social values, and the Democrats have finished their four days of quoting the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and begging for a return to patriotism.  Sound about right?  Or do you, like me, believe that we are living in a real life national version of a Seinfeld episode?  Besides the basically unbelievable reversal of roles in so many aspects of this year’s conventions (Obama’s primary criticism of Trump was essentially that he was not a real conservative, and that he believed in rule by demagoguery), we do have a fundamental reality we are left with facing this country:

The next President of the United States is going to be either Donald Trump, or Hillary Clinton.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: It’s Hillary or Trump – What’s a Conservative Supposed to Do?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2016, 02:31:03 am »

A very interesting and well written article by David Bahnsen.

He breaks down the Trump supporters in to groups:
3.a.
3.b.

Then discusses group 3.b. in detail.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2016, 02:35:15 am »

Vote Castle.

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 02:37:48 am »
Focus on trying to save GOP control of Congress, because there will be no real difference between Trump and Clinton.  Trump is a NYC liberal who is simply chock full o' lies - remember when he said he would build a wall and kick all the illegal immigrants out?  Turns out it was just a lie - and so is Clinton.  About the only real difference between the two is that Clinton is at least honest about her liberalism; Trump simply lies about his liberalism and hopes that his marks, his suckers - the Trumpkins - don't see through the dissembling.

Offline unknown

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 02:40:40 am »
Focus on trying to save GOP control of Congress, because there will be no real difference between Trump and Clinton.  Trump is a NYC liberal who is simply chock full o' lies - remember when he said he would build a wall and kick all the illegal immigrants out?  Turns out it was just a lie - and so is Clinton.  About the only real difference between the two is that Clinton is at least honest about her liberalism; Trump simply lies about his liberalism and hopes that his marks, his suckers - the Trumpkins - don't see through the dissembling.

Obviously you didn't read the article. But just *felt* the need to emote. That is what I would expect from you and your cohorts. No rational dialogue. Toro! Toro! Toro!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 02:43:35 am »
What did Captain Kirk do during the "Kobiyashi Maru" Test?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2016, 03:03:55 am »

redacted for profane comments

Yea but look at the silver lining in that cloud. When President Clinton gets back to partying with Donald, then sends out the BLM brownshirts to visit, audits them and redistributes their wealth and real property to the 'minorities' and the homosexuals, they will be left with nothing but their Trump hats and bumper stickers. If they are lucky.

History is rather clear about how liberals treat those they vanquish. And since the NSA is now a subsidiary of the DNC, they know where these people live, work and generally exist. And Hillary is well known for using the power of government against her enemies.

The useful idiots are ALWAYS the first to be...rewarded...for their efforts. Too bad, so sad. They could have joined us in electing Cruz.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 07:24:31 am by R4 TrumPence »

geronl

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2016, 03:10:23 am »
What did Captain Kirk do during the "Kobiyashi Maru" Test?

he cheated, lol

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2016, 03:31:01 am »
Obviously you didn't read the article. But just *felt* the need to emote. That is what I would expect from you and your cohorts. No rational dialogue. Toro! Toro! Toro!

All you do is spam us with hit and run Trump propaganda Mechanicos - we don't need to read that same old tired "Bash the Principled Conservatives as traitors" crap.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2016, 03:39:18 am »
Patience everyone I am working on it.   Seems I need to do a little more tinkering with the flux capacitor.   While I'm working on it anyone know the exact hour in D.C, Reagan was sworn in?  Don't want to miss it. 

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

HonestJohn

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2016, 03:42:53 am »
Why is every single Trump supporter article from either "alt-right" publications, nut-job conspiracy theory sites, Kremlin funded propaganda sites, or personal blogs?

(The term "alt-right" is the Politically Correct way of referring to the skinheads, klansmen, neo-Nazis, and white supremacists found on the right.)

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2016, 06:49:09 am »

Sorry, but I couldn't make it through the piece. 

I tried.  But it's written so poorly, it was a chore.

I'm glad he's not voting for Trump...at least I think that's what he said....but what he's advocating, I don't know. I felt like I was listening to a rambling college blowhard's monologue. Can you summarize?
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2016, 06:53:14 am »
he cheated, lol
No, he changed the conditions of the test.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2016, 07:00:31 am »
It’s one flaming leftist against another flaming leftist – What’s a Conservative Supposed to Do?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2016, 12:44:20 pm »

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2016, 12:47:19 pm »

Gee oh 'great one', perhaps you can give us your synopsis of the article and in depth opinion.   :silly: :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2016, 12:48:17 pm »
Constitutional conservatives have already lost the white house so we should concentrate on saving ground in the house and senate.

Offline unknown

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2016, 05:11:17 pm »
Gee oh 'great one', perhaps you can give us your synopsis of the article and in depth opinion.   :silly: :silly:

I'll call your little,  :silly:  :silly:, and raise you    :bigsilly:

Now, go back to your desk and do your own homework.    :raise hand:

Submit your paper to the class and we will discuss it.

:tongue2: