Author Topic: Historic female mass murderer  (Read 1131 times)

geronl

Historic female mass murderer
« on: August 26, 2016, 10:56:42 pm »
Countess Erzsebet Bathory de Ecsed

Modern scholarship has called into question just how extensive her crimes ran. She killed at least 80 young girls, according to court records at her trial, but various testimonies of that trial place her total tally at 36-37, more than 50, 100-200, and 650+. The truth will probably never be known, because reliable records could not be made of the lower gentry class on which she preyed.

Bathory knew that relatively few people would miss young girls of the low classes, at least for a time, and being a member of the nobility, she could always convince people by her very social status. This was the way things worked in feudal systems. People rarely questioned the kings and queens, and the other various ranks. In Bathory’s case, she killed so many people that the evidence against her mounted until it could not be ignored or denied.

She always chose young girls to torture and kill, and her motive for beginning this horror does not come from court testimonies given by her servants, who were her accomplices. She hired these girls on temporary and permanent bases to be her personal servants in her castle, Csejte, today called Cachtice, in present Slovakia. In succeeding generations, until the 1800s, folklore claimed that Bathory drank and bathed in the girls’ blood to retain her youth. One day, the folklore goes, while a girl was brushing her hair, she accidentally pulled it, and Bathory jumped up and slapped her so hard she broke the girl’s nose. Blood spattered Bathory’s hand, and where she wiped it away, she thought her skin looked younger. So she cut the girl’s throat and drained her into a bathtub, where Bathory bathed. She repeated this hundreds of times.

excerpted, there is more

http://listverse.com/2011/11/14/10-monumental-malignantly-narcissistic-sociopaths/

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Historic female mass murderer
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 11:30:03 pm »
@geronl

She sounds like a great first date.

And poor old Vlad is #1. "Even as his war on poverty ended with the lower classes burned alive so they would no longer burden society..." ahhhh...the good old days.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 11:31:26 pm »
@geronl

She sounds like a great first date.

And poor old Vlad is #1. "Even as his war on poverty ended with the lower classes burned alive so they would no longer burden society..." ahhhh...the good old days.

Her and Vlad should have been introduced.

Offline Stosh

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 11:41:17 pm »
Read the title of the thread and thought it HAD to be about Hillary..... :silly:

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 12:16:09 am »
Her and Vlad should have been introduced.

Yeah. Why not? Wouldn't have had to worry about progeny. They would never have gotten past the foreplay.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley