Author Topic: Jeb Bush offers disdain as Donald Trump begins 'morphing' on immigration  (Read 852 times)

Online libertybele

It's a real sad state of affairs when even Jeb! looks better than Trump.

Jeb Bush offers disdain as Donald Trump begins 'morphing' on immigration

As Donald Trump softens his harsh rhetoric on immigration, Jeb Bush has issued his own critique: The GOP nominee is “morphing” and Bush doesn’t like it.

"All the things that Donald Trump railed against, he seems to be morphing into — it’s kind of disturbing," Bush, who was trounced by Trump in the Republican primaries this year, said Thursday on WABC Radio.

Trump repeatedly castigated the former governor of Florida last spring for his call for a path to legal status for the estimated 11 million people in the country illegally.

In rallies and debates, Trump relentlessly called Bush “weak” and slammed his immigration plan as amnesty. He vowed instead to round up and deport everyone in the country illegally.

But that was then. Now, trailing Hillary Clinton in the polls with a little more than two months until election day, Trump has shifted his position.

In a Fox News interview Wednesday, Trump said he would show flexibility on who he would deport, suggesting exemptions for those who have no criminal records.

"They'll pay back taxes. They have to pay taxes. There’s no amnesty, as such. There’s no amnesty, but we work with them," he said.

That sounded suspiciously like Clinton's plan. It also mirrors  President Obama's current deportation priorities, which focus chiefly on those who have committed crimes.

And then there is Bush...

... Bush, who has not endorsed Trump and did not attend last month's Republican National Convention, does not find the Republican nominee's pivot humorous.

He said Trump's views "change based on the feedback he gets from a crowd or ... what he thinks he has to do."

"Life is too complex. For me I couldn't do that. I have to believe what I believe, and if it’s popular, great, if it’s not, I try to get better at presenting my views," Bush said. "But shifting my views because, because it’s political to do it? That’s what politicians do in this country, that's what Trump is trying to do right now. I find it abhorrent.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-updates-jeb-bush-offers-disdain-as-donald-trump-1472157099-htmlstory.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

I dunno........... Jeb ALWAYS looked better to me than Trump.

Trump has been certifiably insane, deeply corrupt, a pathological liar, and a hard core liberal from the beginning.

It doesn't get any worse than that.  Not even Lindsay Graham is worse than Trump.

He's the slime at the bottom of the barrel of humanity.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

Comparing Jeb to Ted Cruz is like comparing Mini-Me to Austin Powers.

Jeb ran home to Kennebunkport, and never came out in support of an alternative to Trump. You'd think one who'd been a two-term governor could withstand the ad hominem attacks from Trump. Jeb always had that sense of entitlement, that he was above the fray.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

HonestJohn

I dunno........... Jeb ALWAYS looked better to me than Trump.

Trump has been certifiably insane, deeply corrupt, a pathological liar, and a hard core liberal from the beginning.

It doesn't get any worse than that.  Not even Lindsay Graham is worse than Trump.

He's the slime at the bottom of the barrel of humanity.

Well, to be honest, a steaming pile of dog poop would look better than Trump.

:tongue2:

Offline musiclady

Well, to be honest, a steaming pile of dog poop would look better than Trump.

:tongue2:

No argument there!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.