Author Topic: Ben Carson to Donald Trump: Stop Calling Hillary Clinton a ‘Bigot’  (Read 713 times)

Wingnut

Ben Carson, the former presidential candidate and adviser to Donald Trump, wants the GOP nominee to stop calling his opponent a racist.
“I don’t generally get into the name-calling thing,” Carson said in a phone interview with The Daily Beast on Friday morning. “I kind of left that behind in the third grade. I certainly don’t encourage it because the issues that we’re facing are incredibly important—for us and for the future generations.”
On Thursday, Trump defended calling his Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton a “bigot.” A  term with which he’s taken to describing her this past week.
“She is a bigot,” he said in a CNN interview. “She is selling them [African-Americans] down the tubes because she's not doing anything for those communities. She talks a good game. But she doesn't do anything.”
During a rally in New Hampshire on the same day, at which Carson introduced him, Trump assailed Clinton for saying that his voters are racists. (She did not characterize them monolithically like this but rather pointed to a number of troublesome connections between Trump and white nationalists in a sharp critique of the candidate in Reno yesterday).
But Carson—an often contemplative counterpart to Trump’s brash, bullying persona—said that he would not call Clinton a bigot, echoing the same sentiment as RNC spokesperson Sean Spicer who chose not to use the word on MSNBC Friday morning.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/08/26/ben-carson-to-donald-trump-stop-calling-hillary-clinton-a-bigot.html

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Ben Carson to Donald Trump: Stop Calling Hillary Clinton a ‘Bigot’
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 07:14:39 pm »
Saps for Trump aren't leaving the sinking ship yet but they are looking for the exits.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 07:52:10 pm »
Saps for Trump aren't leaving the sinking ship yet but they are looking for the exits.

They're the deck furniture rearrangement crew.

Wingnut

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 08:00:40 pm »
They're the deck furniture rearrangement crew.

unknown, RiV, alinecare, etal are siting in the string section of the dance band.  They are practicing "Nearer to God are Thee"!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 08:04:46 pm »
I hope Ben feels REALLY guilty for being so stupid as to endorse Trump.

He lost all credibility by doing so, and no matter how he tries to crawl back, he's lost the respect of a heck of a lot of people.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline beandog

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 09:11:23 pm »
I don't agree with Carson.  She is a bigot and thus should be called one.  I have no problem with the Donald calling Hillary every name he can.  I'm sure she's all of them.  Carson sure didn't seem to mind when the Donald called him and every other Republican candidate names.  Why does he now have a problem with the Donald calling Hillary what she is.

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 09:39:31 pm »
I don't agree with Carson.  She is a bigot and thus should be called one.  I have no problem with the Donald calling Hillary every name he can.  I'm sure she's all of them.  Carson sure didn't seem to mind when the Donald called him and every other Republican candidate names.  Why does he now have a problem with the Donald calling Hillary what she is.

You should post why she's a bigot to convince others (like the guest readers).

There has been acres of posts here about Trump and his supporters bigotry.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 09:44:33 pm »
This becomes more relevant every day.