Author Topic: 'I'm not a Muslim convert': Photographer tells how Kayla Mueller stood up to ISIS executioner Jihadi John and turned down chance to escape so she could help save Yazidi sex slaves  (Read 359 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
'I'm not a Muslim convert': Photographer tells how Kayla Mueller stood up to ISIS executioner Jihadi John and turned down chance to escape so she could help save Yazidi sex slaves

Kayla Mueller died last year after being kept as a sex slave by ISIS
    She was kidnapped by ISIS along with her boyfriend in August 2013
    Now former captives and a Yazidi escapee have recalled Mueller's bravery and selflessness during her captivity, despite daily torture and rape
    Daniel Ottosen said Mueller was shown to other captives who were told she had converted to Islam, to which she replied: 'No, I didn't'
    Meanwhile a Yazidi girl kept as a sex slave with Mueller recalls how she offered her the chance to escape back in fall 2014
    But Mueller refused, telling the girl:  'I am American. If I escape with you, they will do everything to find us again'

American aid worker Kayla Mueller defied her ISIS captors by refusing to convert to Islam and even turned down an opportunity to escape to help save Yazidi sex slaves.

The heartbreaking and heroic details of Mueller's 18 months in captivity in Syria have been revealed by former hostages and one escaped Yazidi girl who spoke to ABC.

Daniel Rye Ottosen, a Danish freelance photographer, recalled how Mueller was paraded in front of the other prisoners as an example by ISIS butcher Jihadi John.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3759984/I-m-not-Muslim-convert-Kayla-Mueller-stood-ISIS-executioner-Jihadi-John-s-revealed-selflessly-turned-escape-opportunity-help-save-Yazidi-sex-slaves.html#ixzz4IS1nKjHu
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Who knows if this is necessarily true or just being reported; I'd lean towards true. The Daily Mail has another story on her too that seems to show her in a positive light.