Author Topic: State Department: Iranian Harassment of U.S. Ships ‘Unacceptable,’ Escalates Tensions  (Read 659 times)

rangerrebew

State Department: Iranian Harassment of U.S. Ships ‘Unacceptable,’ Escalates Tensions
Posted By Jack Heretik On August 25, 2016 @ 4:01 pm In National Security | No Comments

State Department spokeswoman Elizabeth Trudeau called harassment of U.S. Navy ships in the Arabian Gulf by Iranian ships “unacceptable” during Thursday’s press briefing.

The comments came shortly after it was revealed that an American vessel was harassed by Iran for the second time this week. However, in the more recent incident, one of the American ships fired three warning shots toward the Iranians.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/state-department-iranian-harassment-u-s-ships-unacceptable-escalates-tensions/

rangerrebew

With a lower tier political player making a tough statement like that, I'll bet Iran rues the day they started playing those games.   :bullie pirate:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I'm starting to believe more each day that Iran is blackmailing Obama somehow. Obama's dealings with Iran are too bizarrely obsequious to simply dismiss.

If you look at his behavior toward Iran since his first day in office, it has been uniquely apologetic and utterly submissive. Look at Obama and Iran.

First he did his apology tour, which delighted Iran.
Then he flew a Top Secret state of the art stealth drone to Iran and landed it on their runway. (without self destructing it, which could have easily been done)
Then he gave Iran free reign in Iraq and pulled out all American troops there. (who were fighting Iranians at the time)
Then he lifted Iranian sanctions.
Obama has nothing but praise for Hezbollah and Hamas, which are both Iranian sponsored groups, and nothing but condemnation for Israel.
He is paying Iran hundreds of billions of dollars, and doing it behind the backs of Congress.
And now, Iranian forces in the Persian Gulf are taunting and laughing at the American forces there.

All of this is extremely suspicious. It makes me think of Jimmy Carter and how Iran toyed with him and eventually humiliated him with the hostages.

I am starting to wonder if Iran has some kind of 'big reveal' that they will release about Obama on the day he steps down, like they did with Carter. We shall see. But if they do intend to do something to humiliate Obama as he leaves, which they have done in the past, I doubt the hundreds of billions Obama is paying them will make much difference.

Like Obama, Carter spent his entire time in office trying to convince Iran that he was their best friend, and yet in the end it made no difference at all.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

rangerrebew

Like Obama, Carter spent his entire time in office trying to convince Iran that he was their best friend, and yet in the end it made no difference at all.

Psychopaths, whether individual or a government, have no friends, only victims.  Most of the victims, like the presidents mentioned, usually have a big neon sign which psychopaths see very clearly, which says "victimize me, I'm stupid."

Offline dfwgator

It's nothing that sending a couple of more billion to Iran can't take care of.