Author Topic: Gohmert: ‘We Already Have a Deportation Force, It’s Called ICE’  (Read 3025 times)

Offline unknown

Gohmert: ‘We Already Have a Deportation Force, It’s Called ICE’

http://cnsnews.com/blog/lauretta-brown/gohmert-we-already-have-deportation-force-its-called-ice

Lauretta Brown
August 25, 2016

Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas) (AP)
(CNSNews.com) – U.S. House Representative Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) commented Wednesday on immigration policy, arguing that “we already have a deportation force, it’s called ICE. It’s there, they’re just waiting for their orders to follow the law and deport people. They haven’t been getting that.”

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Ms. AntiFeminazi

Re: Gohmert: ‘We Already Have a Deportation Force, It’s Called ICE’
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 01:47:53 am »
Does anybody here actually support Gohmert or are his stories just posted for discussion? Just curious.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2016, 01:52:59 am »
Does anybody here actually support Gohmert or are his stories just posted for discussion? Just curious.

I don't live in his district but I do know and like him! Wish we had more like him in fact!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline unknown

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 01:57:17 am »

I am not sure what your question is. I am not aware of other stories by Gohmert. I posted this story because of its relation with Trumps statement of illegals need to be deported, and the current discussion surrounding amnesty.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 01:59:54 am »

He's an embarrassment.  And damned weird.

Louie Gohmert: ‘I’m Kind to Foreigners,’ You Just Haven’t Seen It

http://www.mediaite.com/online/louie-gohmert-im-kind-to-foreigners-you-just-havent-seen-it/

Gohmert: Confirming Gay Army Secretary Will Make Muslims Think We Approve Child Sex Abuse

https://m.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/3ma4cp/gohmert_confirming_gay_army_secretary_will_make/
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 02:00:46 am »
Trump called for a whole new agency to become a brown-shirted Deportation Force, but it's under the bus with his pro-amnesty switch.
Gohmert has been a good Congressmember, but he's been disappointing these last several months

Offline Ms. AntiFeminazi

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 02:05:20 am »
Thanks guys. I feel better about my total distrust of him for my own reasons including his payroll.  I trust my gut but that doesn't mean it's always right.  Then again, I can't think of a time it wasn't.

Offline Ms. AntiFeminazi

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 02:08:31 am »
I am not sure what your question is. I am not aware of other stories by Gohmert. I posted this story because of its relation with Trumps statement of illegals need to be deported, and the current discussion surrounding amnesty.

I wasn't questioning why you posted it. I just wanted to get a feel for how my other Texan friends feel about him.  I have a feeling we're going to be reading more from or about him.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 02:19:33 am »
I don't live in his district but I do know and like him! Wish we had more like him in fact!

I like him.

Offline Cripplecreek

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2016, 02:23:44 am »
Gohmert said he'd vote for Trump, would not endorse him.

Gohmert went to A and M; good man. Kind of like Bachmann, he was on the news a lot in 2015, 2016 has largely been about the candidates.

A bit like Bachmann in my view; ultra-conservative.

Offline Ms. AntiFeminazi

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2016, 02:27:55 am »
Now I feel bad. I didn't mean to derail the thread but I do appreciate the responses - all of them. I'm not as connected politically as I used to be and I've been meaning to ask about this guy.

Sorry @unknown.

Offline unknown

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2016, 02:36:46 am »
Now I feel bad. I didn't mean to derail the thread but I do appreciate the responses - all of them. I'm not as connected politically as I used to be and I've been meaning to ask about this guy.

Sorry @unknown.

No worries. I don't know him either. The article referenced him and his statement about ICE not being used as it could be by Obama as a deportation force, implying that Trump could use them.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 02:45:04 am »

Sorry @unknown.

IMO, Louie's one of the few stalwarts in the Texas Congressional delegation. My rep has been a major disappointment...Kenny Marchant.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

geronl

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 04:00:23 am »
Gohmert said he'd vote for Trump...

A bit like Bachmann in my view; ultra-conservative.

I don't think one can vote for Trump and be ultra-conservative. IMO.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2016, 01:47:40 pm »

Gohmert is my congressman and he is rock-solid.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2016, 02:01:45 pm »
Gohmert is my congressman and he is rock-solid.

Over the past 20 years, my congresscritters have included Michael Burgess, Pete Sessions, and Kenny Marchant. They've all been in DC too long, and are now part of the problem, rather than the solution. With the exception of Ted Cruz, Louie Gohmert, and perhaps a few others, the Texas Congressional delegation has become a subsidiary of the Uniparty.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2016, 02:13:49 pm »
Gohmert: ‘We Already Have a Deportation Force, It’s Called ICE’

http://cnsnews.com/blog/lauretta-brown/gohmert-we-already-have-deportation-force-its-called-ice

Lauretta Brown
August 25, 2016

Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas) (AP)
(CNSNews.com) – U.S. House Representative Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) commented Wednesday on immigration policy, arguing that “we already have a deportation force, it’s called ICE. It’s there, they’re just waiting for their orders to follow the law and deport people. They haven’t been getting that.”

{.. snip ..}

My BIL is retired ICE. Went out early. Couldn't stand the BS any longer.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2016, 02:26:01 pm »

I support him.  He's awesome.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline rodamala

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2016, 07:31:49 pm »

I am in Smith, Cherokee, and Anderson Counties for work a few times a year.

I basically consider myself a part-time Texas resident at this point, and have stopped by his Tyler office to offer my thanks to Judge Gohmert.

I just wish he would not try and be so polite all the time.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2016, 11:07:38 pm »
To play devil's advocate, there are a host of people who are truly conservative and will vote for Trump out of desperation to stop the unindicted felon. We see many here. It is their vote, their conscience, and voting for him in desperation is something I understand, whether I agree or not. Going whole hog supporting him is cause to question that conservatism, but along the same lines, there are varying degrees and reasons for that support.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2016, 11:19:32 pm »
To play devil's advocate, there are a host of people who are truly conservative and will vote for Trump out of desperation to stop the unindicted felon. We see many here. It is their vote, their conscience, and voting for him in desperation is something I understand, whether I agree or not. Going whole hog supporting him is cause to question that conservatism, but along the same lines, there are varying degrees and reasons for that support.

I don't have a problem with those who vote for Trump out of fear of Clinton. I think Trump will still lose but that's another issue.

I do have a problem with those who think Trump is some kind of great conservative hope and go rabid at anyone who doesn't show appropriate worship. (See TOS)

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2016, 11:47:34 pm »
Why not?  Bottom line is this is the choice.  One of these two are going to win.  There is no option for Ultra-Conservatives, even amongst the Third-Party candidates.   

It's the "Kobiyashi Maru" of elections.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 12:00:54 am »
I am in Smith, Cherokee, and Anderson Counties for work a few times a year.

I basically consider myself a part-time Texas resident at this point, and have stopped by his Tyler office to offer my thanks to Judge Gohmert.

I just wish he would not try and be so polite all the time.

Before we became his constituents, my wife was part of a group in DC that Representative Gohmert hosted. He was the most accommodating a host as possible as he gave a personal tour of the capital building and recounted events there as a student of history.

He also is the substitute preacher at the mega-church we both attend.  His themes are always the decline of God in DC and the consequences of this country's moral decay.

Yes, we certainly do indeed need more like Louie in DC that have not forgotten their nor their country's roots.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2016, 12:08:43 am »
I don't have a problem with those who vote for Trump out of fear of Clinton. I think Trump will still lose but that's another issue.

I do have a problem with those who think Trump is some kind of great conservative hope and go rabid at anyone who doesn't show appropriate worship. (See TOS)
That's about the way I see it. I spent the better part of 17 years 'over there' before coming here. The latter group is a big part of why I am here. (That and a gracious invitation from @mystery-ak)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis