Author Topic: Ann Coulter: Maybe it's 'in our interest' to let some illegal immigrants stay  (Read 7280 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
But that was HOURS ago and this is now!   :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
It's not the number of hours, it's the number of Martinis, KoolAid Martinis.

Offline GtHawk

I think illegals fill the bottom rung of the economic ladder for a couple reasons. One, they are willing to make less money. The other reason is we have made it so comfortable and acceptable to not work that those Americans who only fit the bottom rung of the economic ladder don't want the jobs. We have inner city kids graduating from high school with a 6-7th grade education. If they want to climb out of a life of dependence they need to start at the bottom.
They aren't willing to make less money, just resigned to it until all the taxpayer benefits kick in, multiplied with every extra anchor baby. I also love when liberals, not you, say "they just want to make an honest living" while pointing to the illegals littering a Home Depot parking lot. That is one of the biggest lies there is, there is nothing honest about working under the table and just ask how much they expect an hour and you will hear $15 and they expect a meal, have no tools and little if any experience. Just how much does an honest legal worker have to be paid before those taxes that he and his employer will pay to take home $15 an hour.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I predict that the next flip flop will be the wall itself. Trump will start saying things like 'maybe we don't need a wall the whole way, maybe just strategic spots. The rest of the way we can have a fence' (in other words, The Secure Fence Act of 2006 he'll try to take credit for).

And his supporters will say: 'he is right, we don't need a wall'.

No wall just a biglier more beautiful door.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline bilo

They aren't willing to make less money, just resigned to it until all the taxpayer benefits kick in, multiplied with every extra anchor baby. I also love when liberals, not you, say "they just want to make an honest living" while pointing to the illegals littering a Home Depot parking lot. That is one of the biggest lies there is, there is nothing honest about working under the table and just ask how much they expect an hour and you will hear $15 and they expect a meal, have no tools and little if any experience. Just how much does an honest legal worker have to be paid before those taxes that he and his employer will pay to take home $15 an hour.

Everytime I go to Home Depot to order supplies I see a large number of hispanic men standing around looking for work. All the landscapers are hispanic in the areas where I'm located. The majority of contractors are european and a lot of their crews don't even speak english.

I agree with you that there is nothing honest about being paid under the table.

Where are the young unskilled Americans? Starting at the bottom doesn't mean you stay there. I see the unionized Americans working the high rise jobs in the financial districts, but you don't see them when you get to the lower middle class neighborhoods. Those jobs are being done by hispanic and european workers some are here legally and or are first generation Americans and others are here on temporary visas, or walked into the country.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 06:13:59 pm by bilo »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

Everytime I go to Home Depot to order supplies I see a large number of hispanic men standing around looking for work. All the landscapers are hispanic in the areas where I'm located. The majority of contractors are european and a lot of their crews don't even speak english.

Where are the young unskilled Americans? Starting at the bottom doesn't mean you stay there. I see the unionized Americans working the high rise jobs in the financial districts, but you don't see them when you get to the lower middle class neighborhoods. Those jobs are being done by hispanic and european workers some are here legally and or are first generation Americans and others are here on temporary visas, or walked into the country.
It's at the point where even if Americans are willing to do the jobs,  they won't get hired, anyway.  So why even bother trying?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
I think illegals fill the bottom rung of the economic ladder for a couple reasons. One, they are willing to make less money. The other reason is we have made it so comfortable and acceptable to not work that those Americans who only fit the bottom rung of the economic ladder don't want the jobs. We have inner city kids graduating from high school with a 6-7th grade education. If they want to climb out of a life of dependence they need to start at the bottom.

That's the role that immigrant labor fills - to do the jobs that Americans won't do.   In rural America, where jobs have dried up, the problem is too many Americans stay put, unwilling to move to where the jobs are.   Immigrants - who by definition come from afar - simply run rings around many white rural citizens with their initiative and drive.   I can't blame employers who want employees who WANT TO WORK and WORK HARD.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline bilo

It's at the point where even if Americans are willing to do the jobs,  they won't get hired, anyway.  So why even bother trying?

Why aren't American contractors hiring them?

The europeans who are working in the trades come over here with training and skills of some level because they are taught these skills in high school. The hispanics typically are doing demolition, drywall and some taping because their education systems are even worse than ours. I would love to see these jobs filled by Americans. It's hard work, but it's honest and if you can get good at it you can make a good living.

I think you make a good point, but I think the welfare system has a role in this as well.

Offline bilo

That's the role that immigrant labor fills - to do the jobs that Americans won't do.   In rural America, where jobs have dried up, the problem is too many Americans stay put, unwilling to move to where the jobs are.   Immigrants - who by definition come from afar - simply run rings around many white rural citizens with their initiative and drive.   I can't blame employers who want employees who WANT TO WORK and WORK HARD.

My experience is limited to urban areas. I wonder if the same lack of initiative and drive you mention is at play in the inner cities where you have generational dependence now.

One thing I found was the various unions really undercut vocational training in city schools because they wanted to control who could get into the unions and how many union workers there would be. I suppose there is also a lack of vocational training in rural areas.

Offline dfwgator

I think you make a good point, but I think the welfare system has a role in this as well.
A HUGE role.

Offline bilo

A HUGE role.

I think so to. The govt give aways are killing us. In economic terms the welfare state is a moral hazard. It creates more of the opposite of what you want.

Offline bilo

FWIW, letting more illegals in isn't going to fix the underlying problem, which is how do we get the less educated Americans into the workforce.

Offline CSM

Ann you ignorant slut. There will be no wall.

Ann,

We've already established what you are, now we are just negotiating the price.

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
Maybe Ann will have to backtrack and say, because of his (latest, newer, newest, whatever it is today) immigration policy, that Trump can perform only 1st trimester abortions in the White House and instead of his immigration policy being like the Magna Carta, it is more like an episode of Magnum PI.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline rodamala

Who else is there to pick her Adam's Apples?

Offline BuckeyeTexan

I predict that the next flip flop will be the wall itself. Trump will start saying things like 'maybe we don't need a wall the whole way, maybe just strategic spots. The rest of the way we can have a fence' (in other words, The Secure Fence Act of 2006 he'll try to take credit for).

And his supporters will say: 'he is right, we don't need a wall'.

@AbaraXas 

You're psychic! Well, kinda. :wink:

Trump did and said that all the way back in July 2015 when he made his first visit to the border in Laredo. After meeting with city officials and local business leaders, he held a press conference where said we don't actually need a wall across the entire border because we can use technology and boots on the ground. I can get you the exact quote if you want it.

Sometime later in his speeches, he started significantly reducing the length of the wall. So, it was never going to be across the entire border, but don't tell anyone. Shhhhh.
There are those that break and bend. I'm the other kind. ~Steve Earle

Offline GrouchoTex

@AbaraXas 

You're psychic! Well, kinda. :wink:

Trump did and said that all the way back in July 2015 when he made his first visit to the border in Laredo. After meeting with city officials and local business leaders, he held a press conference where said we don't actually need a wall across the entire border because we can use technology and boots on the ground. I can get you the exact quote if you want it.

Sometime later in his speeches, he started significantly reducing the length of the wall. So, it was never going to be across the entire border, but don't tell anyone. Shhhhh.

I remember him saying the same thing, roughly 1000 miles of "wall" needed, rather than the whole length of the border.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I remember him saying the same thing, roughly 1000 miles of "wall" needed, rather than the whole length of the border.

He's also declared that the Rio Grande is a natural barrier.

Oceander

Wow.  To call her a political whore is to insult honest, hardworking whores.

Offline verga

No wall just a biglier more beautiful door.
And a Welcome mat.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

geronl

He's also declared that the Rio Grande is a natural barrier.

:silly: :silly: :silly:

The Rio Grande is so small that boats can barely use it in some places, where it's more of a creek than river. You can also see that we already quite a wall in some places, like this one in El Paso. (the right side of the road is Rio Grande, the canal (American Canal!) on the other side actually carries the water of the Rio Grande at that point. (I dunno)

« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 12:29:27 pm by geronl »

Offline verga

It is part of the "Normalcy bias" People get complacent in their current situation, they refuse to see that things need to change.
10 years ago I lost my job and could not find anything in my field. I took several temporary positions, and finally bit the bullet and said we had to move out of state. Best decision I could have made.
When I finally began to look outside of my comfort zone the the interviews came in and the offers came pouring in. I had 3 offers in one week.
It's like Sam Kinison said about the people in Ethiopia when the drought was happening: Get out of the desert, there is no food in the desert.   
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

Ann,

We've already established what you are, now we are just negotiating the price.
I love Oscar Wilde's wit.

Offline GtHawk

Where are the young unskilled Americans? A little history, I ran McD's from the mid seventies to 2000, in the beginning I had 130 employees on schedule, that was almost entirely made up of working moms in the morning and early afternoon and high schoolers the rest of the time. In the eighties competition, rising minimum wages and the so called burger wars pushed equipment changes and whittled down personnel. Concurrently there was an increase in the take home pay of teenagers parents in our already affluent area and many of those parents gave their children whatever they wanted including new cars so that many teens no longer needed or wanted to work. And then there was the new derogatory opinion of fast food jobs, the desired jobs were in record stores, clothing stores, etc. and only losers worked in fast food. That was the beginning of the end, the entry level workforce was by necessity now turned to hispanics, both legal and illegal because that was available and the only way to fill those jobs(funny because the very same parents that would bitch to me about my Hispanic employees would blanch when I suggested they send their teenagers down to apply). You can't turn back the clock or put the genie back in the lamp. The final nail to those entry level jobs is the asininity of the so called living wage movement for unskilled work.

Offline dfwgator

What interest?

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Where are the young unskilled Americans? A little history, I ran McD's from the mid seventies to 2000, in the beginning I had 130 employees on schedule, that was almost entirely made up of working moms in the morning and early afternoon and high schoolers the rest of the time. In the eighties competition, rising minimum wages and the so called burger wars pushed equipment changes and whittled down personnel. Concurrently there was an increase in the take home pay of teenagers parents in our already affluent area and many of those parents gave their children whatever they wanted including new cars so that many teens no longer needed or wanted to work. And then there was the new derogatory opinion of fast food jobs, the desired jobs were in record stores, clothing stores, etc. and only losers worked in fast food. That was the beginning of the end, the entry level workforce was by necessity now turned to hispanics, both legal and illegal because that was available and the only way to fill those jobs(funny because the very same parents that would bitch to me about my Hispanic employees would blanch when I suggested they send their teenagers down to apply). You can't turn back the clock or put the genie back in the lamp. The final nail to those entry level jobs is the asininity of the so called living wage movement for unskilled work.

Yup, nobody wants to accept our own blame in this.

The realization hit me a few years ago when I was stopped at a light in town. I looked over to see a 300lb 14 or 15 year old sitting on the steps of a house eating an ice cream cone as a hired Mexican mowed the postage stamp sized lawn. This wasn't a wealthy neighborhood by any means. Just your average middle class urban neighborhood.

I was mowing my great grandmother's 5 lot lawn as soon as I was physically able to push the mower for 2 hours. Granted nearly 2 lots were taken up by her garden but I also used her 1947 troy-bilt tiller to stir that up as well as planting and weeding.