Author Topic: Ann Coulter: Maybe it's 'in our interest' to let some illegal immigrants stay  (Read 7341 times)

Offline verga

Yup, nobody wants to accept our own blame in this.

The realization hit me a few years ago when I was stopped at a light in town. I looked over to see a 300lb 14 or 15 year old sitting on the steps of a house eating an ice cream cone as a hired Mexican mowed the postage stamp sized lawn. This wasn't a wealthy neighborhood by any means. Just your average middle class urban neighborhood.

I was mowing my great grandmother's 5 lot lawn as soon as I was physically able to push the mower for 2 hours. Granted nearly 2 lots were taken up by her garden but I also used her 1947 troy-bilt tiller to stir that up as well as planting and weeding.
hear
I hear you. As soon as my father felt I could be trusted with the Toro, it was my job. I did it until I was 28 and my mother sold the house to my sister and brother in law. When we bought our house I was the one that did it (unless there was a family in the neighborhood that needed the money and I let their son do it.
I do the front lawn here and my neighbors side yard. She is 89 and I can't see letting her come out in this heat. Our backyard has a serious slope so the Doctor told me until the hip heals completely it is off limits.
I also do the neighbors drive in the wintertime as well.
I never charged my parents like some of my friends did theirs, it was just expected. I don't charge the neighbor either, but every once in a while she sends over a pound cake.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline GrouchoTex

I hear you. As soon as my father felt I could be trusted with the Toro, it was my job. I did it until I was 28 and my mother sold the house to my sister and brother in law. When we bought our house I was the one that did it (unless there was a family in the neighborhood that needed the money and I let their son do it.
I do the front lawn here and my neighbors side yard. She is 89 and I can't see letting her come out in this heat. Our backyard has a serious slope so the Doctor told me until the hip heals completely it is off limits.
I also do the neighbors drive in the wintertime as well.
I never charged my parents like some of my friends did theirs, it was just expected. I don't charge the neighbor either, but every once in a while she sends over a pound cake.

I did my own lawn until I had my own hip issues and had to stop.
I have some guys come over and mow mine every 2 weeks.
I can guarantee, that they are NOT illegal aliens.
All born in the USA, none of Central/South American descent.
Not that I have anything against any one who has ancestors that came from South of the Rio Grande, mind you.
I just found some guys that do this as a 2nd job, young working guys, trying to make ends meet.

geronl

These people talked and wrote books about conservatism and principles and standing for what you believe in when confronted and then they do a complete 180. They aren't just saying we should vote for Trump because he might be a smidgen less horrible than Hillary, this would at least be understandable, instead they demand we LOVE and worship Trump like the new messiah and adjust our beliefs and convictions to match his shifting sands of thought with the zealotry of the converted.

And when Trumpism ends on election day, then what? Seriously, what are they then?

HonestJohn

Yup, nobody wants to accept our own blame in this.

The realization hit me a few years ago when I was stopped at a light in town. I looked over to see a 300lb 14 or 15 year old sitting on the steps of a house eating an ice cream cone as a hired Mexican mowed the postage stamp sized lawn. This wasn't a wealthy neighborhood by any means. Just your average middle class urban neighborhood.

I was mowing my great grandmother's 5 lot lawn as soon as I was physically able to push the mower for 2 hours. Granted nearly 2 lots were taken up by her garden but I also used her 1947 troy-bilt tiller to stir that up as well as planting and weeding.

I used to mow my parents two-lot lawn, which was more sand than grass, in the Florida heat.  Afterwards, I'd always come in wheezing like an asthmatic from all the inhaled sand.