Author Topic: Coulter blasts Trump for immigration stance  (Read 2020 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Coulter blasts Trump for immigration stance
« on: August 25, 2016, 02:42:06 pm »
Just hours after her party for her new book "In Trump We Trust", Coulter rages at him.

Conservative commentator Ann Coulter late Wednesday blasted Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump for indicating he is open to softening in his immigration policies.

"Only part he left out was the 'hoops' they'll have to jump through! Trump: No citizenship. Let me go a step further—they'll pay back-taxes," Coulter tweeted.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/ann-coulter-in-trump-we-trust-book-tweetstorm-immigration-softening-reform-amnesty

Offline sinkspur

Re: Coulter blasts Trump for immigration stance
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 02:48:57 pm »
Trump dropped a bomb on Ann's book tour.  There will be more interest when she comes to town, mostly from #NeverTrumps who will go and taunt her as she stands behind stacks of books that aren't selling.

I'm not as bad as this guy, though:

Stephen Miller ‏@redsteeze  24m24 minutes ago
If Trump's core media base abandons him over amnesty it obfuscates who pushed and promoted him down the road. Maybe don't let that happen.

Stephen Miller ‏@redsteeze  17m17 minutes ago
Careers have to end over this. It's that simple.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 02:55:04 pm »
Just hours after her party for her new book "In Trump We Trust", Coulter rages at him.

Instant karma gonna get you, Ann.

And your little dog too.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 02:56:43 pm »
Ann is figuring it out.

That ain't rain.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 02:57:29 pm »
On the off-chance that Trump becomes President,  I'm glad he's "softening" his stance.  Building a 1,500-mile physical wall was always unrealistic and a colossal waste of money and resources.   Same for rounding up, adjudicating and deporting 11 million illegals without regard to behavior or circumstances. 

I know most of us here are hooting that Trump's has had his "read my lips" moment and are loving it, but count me as pleased that Trump appears to finally be jettisoning ridiculous rhetoric for pragmatic reality.  He may piss off the crazies and racists (like Ann Coulter), but maybe if can project statesmanship and pragmatism, some of the rest of us would give him a second look.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 03:02:32 pm »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2016, 03:07:59 pm »
On the off-chance that Trump becomes President,  I'm glad he's "softening" his stance.  Building a 1,500-mile physical wall was always unrealistic and a colossal waste of money and resources.   Same for rounding up, adjudicating and deporting 11 million illegals without regard to behavior or circumstances. 

I know most of us here are hooting that Trump's has had his "read my lips" moment and are loving it, but count me as pleased that Trump appears to finally be jettisoning ridiculous rhetoric for pragmatic reality.  He may piss off the crazies and racists (like Ann Coulter), but maybe if can project statesmanship and pragmatism, some of the rest of us would give him a second look.

Illegal immigration must be stopped. Illegal behavior cannot be rewarded.

Having said that, most reasonable people could see that Trump over-promised. Nothing else needs be done but enforcing our current laws.
In this Trump was correct. He blows it when he starts talking about normalizing illegals currently here.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2016, 03:08:06 pm »

Except that projecting "statesmanship and pragmatism" would be completely phony because we know he has neither of those qualities.

I am #NeverTrump, period.  We simply cannot have a human being like this occupying the White House.  He has no core, except to do everything for his own aggrandizement.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 03:18:26 pm »

@Jazzhead, friend, I say this with all respect to you, but I sincerely don't understand that line of reasoning.  We've seen Trump in action for over a year; we've researched him and read about him; we know just what he is and isn't.  So if he suddenly starts acting statesmanlike, that's all it is--an act.  It's all phony.  I don't see how that could make any difference, because you know the statesman is a mirage.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 03:25:53 pm »

@Jazzhead, friend, I say this with all respect to you, but I sincerely don't understand that line of reasoning.  We've seen Trump in action for over a year; we've researched him and read about him; we know just what he is and isn't.  So if he suddenly starts acting statesmanlike, that's all it is--an act.  It's all phony.  I don't see how that could make any difference, because you know the statesman is a mirage.

The Trump we've seen over the past year is the same Trump I've seen over the past 30 odd years.

He is what he is.

Silver Pines

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 04:08:18 pm »
The Trump we've seen over the past year is the same Trump I've seen over the past 30 odd years.

He is what he is.

@Cripplecreek

Exactly right.  I've always disliked the gasbag shyster.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 04:10:12 pm »
@Cripplecreek

Exactly right.  I've always disliked the gasbag shyster.

Like a man born without a leg.

He's not gonna grow one tomorrow.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 04:14:44 pm »

IMO, this is bigger than just his softening stance on illegal immigration. If his position on illegals was this all along, that's fine and we would know what Trump is for. The issue is what is Trump really for? What else will he "soften" on? When one has no core principles, we are left guessing. All of the other candidates had core principles. You could judge them and decide if you either support them or not. Even Jeb did. Trump, OTOH, had to be taken at his word lacking a legislative record. How many supporters backed him because he took a hard line on illegal immigration based on nothing more than his word?

This is how I see it, anyways.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 04:19:55 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2016, 04:42:01 pm »

You're right about that, of course.   The one thing we know about Trump with certainty is that he changes with the wind, and what he says today he'll repudiate tomorrow.   For his supporters, perhaps they'll now face up to the simple reality that they've been played for fools.  For the rest of us, the question we're wrestling with is whether we're willing to vote for him anyway to prevent another Clinton presidency. 

For me,  the disqualifying issue is his temperament.   He's too petulant and mercurial and ego-obsessed to be trusted with the lives of our fighting men.   No, I won't be voting for him, but it is good to see him backtracking on his ridiculous build-a-wall-and-deport-'em-all shtick.   

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2016, 04:58:34 pm »
The problem is that Trump is completely untrustworthy on virtually all subjects.

After all his very first reflex comment on Syrian refugees was that they're in a living hell so we have to let them in.

Offline verga

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2016, 05:22:29 pm »
You're right about that, of course.   The one thing we know about Trump with certainty is that he changes with the wind, and what he says today he'll repudiate tomorrow.   For his supporters, perhaps they'll now face up to the simple reality that they've been played for fools.  For the rest of us, the question we're wrestling with is whether we're willing to vote for him anyway to prevent another Clinton presidency. 

For me,  the disqualifying issue is his temperament.   He's too petulant and mercurial and ego-obsessed to be trusted with the lives of our fighting men.   No, I won't be voting for him, but it is good to see him backtracking on his ridiculous build-a-wall-and-deport-'em-all shtick.   
The one thing genuine Conservatives knew about him from the very beginning. Look how he has changed his stance on everything now!
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2016, 05:25:21 pm »
Looks like Ann is getting her head right.

Coulter: Maybe 'in our interest' to keep some illegal immigrants

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/coulter-maybe-in-our-interest-to-keep-some-illegal-immigrants/article/2600180?custom_click=rss

They can clean up after Trump's white house abortions.

Offline Crazieman

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2016, 05:26:36 pm »
Looks like Ann is getting her head right.

Coulter: Maybe 'in our interest' to keep some illegal immigrants

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/coulter-maybe-in-our-interest-to-keep-some-illegal-immigrants/article/2600180?custom_click=rss

They can clean up after Trump's white house abortions.

Trump threatened to take away her kneepads.
Mixed-race Mutt.
Your racist accusations are invalid.

Start thinking Constitutionally and stop thinking in groups.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2016, 05:28:58 pm »
Good thing Coulter's so sickly-skinny.  It helps when you need to contort yourself like a pretzel.   

geronl

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2016, 06:00:47 pm »
She'll come around. Her next column will be:

Not so bad being a cuck

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2016, 06:06:08 pm »
Ann is figuring it out.

That ain't rain.
Well, if so, about time. She's been dancing with that bunch of Northeastern Liberals for too long.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 06:09:05 pm »
She'll come around. Her next column will be:

Not so bad being a cuck

Oh such sweet, sweet irony. And Karma. And justice.

The very 'people' that threw the 'cuck' term around at conservatives so freely are the very definition of 'cuckold'. Thank you Donald. I guess there is some good in you, dumping all over your vilest, yet most ardent supporters like that.

Silver Pines

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2016, 10:16:12 pm »

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2016, 10:21:04 pm »
And now........

Silver Pines

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2016, 10:27:27 pm »
Joshua Green ‏@JoshuaGreen  7h7 hours ago
Talked to Coulter last night. She isn't about to jump off the Trump train: compared him (favorably!) to Kim Jong-un

"My worship for him is like the people of North Korea worship their Dear Leader---blind loyalty.  Once he gave that Mexican rapist speech, I'll walk across glass for him.  That's basically it.  Unlike the crazy Cruz supporters, I'll criticize him, and I have, but it's all minor stylistic stuff.  We all want to shoot him at various times."