Author Topic: Al Roker stirs up ‘white privilege’ narrative after rant about Ryan Lochte’s robbery story  (Read 709 times)

rangerrebew

Al Roker stirs up ‘white privilege’ narrative after rant about Ryan Lochte’s robbery story
August 20, 2016 | Carmine Sabia | Print Article   

SHARE TWEET0 PIN8 PLUS8 EMAIL

Social media social justice warriors accused “Today Show” host Billy Bush of using “white privilege” after he got into a wild back and forth with Al Roker over Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte’s robbery story.

Bush said he believed Lochte might have lied about “some details” but that it was a misunderstanding, which caused Roker to about lose his mind.

“He lied. He lied to you, he lied to Matt Lauer, lied to his mom,” Roker said. “He left his teammates hanging, while he skedaddled.”

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/08/20/al-roker-stirs-white-privilege-narrative-rant-ryan-lochtes-robbery-story-381535#ixzz4ILnQ9gDC

rangerrebew

I'll bet Al Roker was voted "Most Likely to be Bullied" in H.S. :whistle:

Offline skeeter

Al Roker stirs up ‘white privilege’ narrative after rant about Ryan Lochte’s robbery story

Social media social justice warriors accused “Today Show” host Billy Bush of using “white privilege” after he got into a wild back and forth with Al Roker over Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte’s robbery story.

Bush said he believed Lochte might have lied about “some details” but that it was a misunderstanding, which caused Roker to about lose his mind.

“He lied. He lied to you, he lied to Matt Lauer, lied to his mom,” Roker said. “He left his teammates hanging, while he skedaddled.”

Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/08/20/al-roker-stirs-white-privilege-narrative-rant-ryan-lochtes-robbery-story-381535#ixzz4ILnQ9gDC

So ol' poopy pants believes in "white privilege". Who'da thought.

rangerrebew

So ol' poopy pants believes in "white privilege". Who'da thought.

:raise hand:

Offline driftdiver

• I could eat it raw but why when I have fire

Are we talkin big head Al? 
Fools mock, tongues wag, babies cry and goats bleat.

Offline rodamala

You don't need weatherman to tell you which way the wind blows.

Offline Axel

http://rightwingnews.com/top-news/al-roker-gets-humiliated-when-he-claims-cabbie-that-didnt-pick-him-up-is-racist/

Al Roker Gets Humiliated When He Claims Cabbie That Didn’t Pick Him Up Is Racist

Has all common sense flown out the window? America is tired of the race baiting. Can we please not assume everything that doesn’t go our way is based upon our skin color? It isn’t. The world does not revolve around us. We need to get our thinking off ourselves and our real OR imagined slights, and start thinking about others. What do you think of the Cabbie’s response?

Roker should ask his good friend Barack Obama for some race baiting advice.

Via BPR:

Al Roker went ballistic after he believed a cab driver snubbed him in favor of a white passenger.

The famous weatherman said this type of thing “happens to folks of color everyday.”

Unfortunately for Roker when one jumps to conclusions one risks being left with egg on his face.

As it turned out Roker’s “racist” cabbie is a man of color.

Roker automatically assumed he was passed by because of his race but cab driver Mahabur Rahman called it a “misunderstanding.”

“I tell you honestly, I didn’t see him,” Rahman, who is from Bangladesh told the New York Daily News Monday. “Black, white, it doesn’t matter.”

“Maybe he saw me and I didn’t see him. How I refuse him?” he asked rhetorically.

Rahman said he would have definitely picked up Roker if he saw him.

“Anybody would pick him. He looks like a gentleman. That’s our business. If you ride with my car, you’re going to make the money,” he told the News.

It is exactly this kind of “crying wolf” that makes it hard to address actual, albeit much rarer than the race baiters want you to think, racism. America is so tired of every little thing being attributed to race, that when the big things happen, as they do occasionally, no one takes it seriously. Think before you speak, Tweet or post a status. You may end up looking foolish. If you want to be respected, then be respectful and don’t jump to conclusions.

Keep reading to see Al’s Tweets:

Race baiter gonna race bait. At least he's consistent.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 05:09:39 pm by Axel »
"The Gutter Rat's going to continue to trash Romney, and Romney's going to tell the country why he should be president.

And Romney is going to win" - Sinkspur's incredible insight into the 2012 election

Offline goatprairie

After reading enough stories and articles about the subject, it seems many American blacks believe they get punished for things white people get away with. I haven't met any white person who sympathizes with Lochte. If you lie about something, you should pay the consequences....white, black, whatever.
But the unfortunate fact is black people get punished more than white people because, on average, they commit a lot more crime than  other groups.
 But many black people believe (wrongly) that they don't commit more crime than other groups. There have been articles in the news claiming blacks get arrested for drug crimes far more than whites even though, according to the article, both groups use drugs at the same rate.  They based their conclusion on a study where the subjects were simply asked how much drugs they used. The people doing the study accepted the testees words that they were being truthful. 
But one survey  asked both groups how much drugs they used and  then gave the subjects a drug test after  to determine if they were being truthful or  not.  While both groups said before the drug tests they used drugs at the same rate,  the results of the test showed that blacks were six times more likely to use drugs than whites.
 I don't know how it can be made known to them of the staggering amount more crime blacks commit than other groups. Many simply refuse to believe the facts.  Living in cities with constant gunfire and shootings in the black areas should make it obvious to most blacks that they are their own worst problem. Racism directed at them from whites is probably less than one percent of their problems.

Offline Suppressed

I haven't met any white person who sympathizes with Lochte.

I do.

Yes, he lied...but not much. The Brazilian authorities told the whoppers...

Look at the evidence, including video:
http://imgur.com/gallery/Yuqe5
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn