Author Topic: Fail. Donald Trump Not Listed on Minnesota Ballot  (Read 9814 times)

Wingnut

Re: Fail. Donald Trump Not Listed on Minnesota Ballot
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2016, 06:55:33 pm »
you left out the part that the paperwork came from an alternate elector, which that person had not turned in..

I wonder why??? :pondering:

Why ask why when you have that fine oiled Trump machine running down the track.  I'm following all the way to the site of the crash. 
Can't wait to see you there. 

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2016, 06:57:18 pm »
you left out the part that the paperwork came from an alternate elector, which that person had not turned in..

The buck stops... elsewhere.
Always does with Trump.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2016, 07:03:09 pm »
The buck stops... elsewhere.
Always does with Trump.

And every other narcissist on the planet!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2016, 07:36:46 pm »
But....... but............ didn't I just read above that Trump wasn't on the ballot because he didn't WANT to be on the ballot??

This Trump stuff is SO confusing.....    ^-^

Goo grief musiclady, get with the program for heaven's sake!!  :silly: :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2016, 08:05:41 pm »
Goo grief musiclady, get with the program for heaven's sake!!  :silly: :silly:

I try.......... I really do!!   But the zealots sure don't make it easy, do they??  :laugh:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline beandog

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2016, 08:08:45 pm »

Must be Cruz's fault. :silly:

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2016, 08:12:33 pm »

Trump knows this and does not want to waste his time on what everyone already knows is a lost cause. IMO

You are correct.  Trump is highly unlikely to win Minnesota.  However, it is amateur hour to not (or barely miss) getting on the ballot.  What about any down ticket candidates, local and state level? Should the GOP just rent a few U-Haul trucks and haul ass out of the state entirely?

I lived in Maryland for most of my life. Barring a miracle, Maryland is going to go for Hillary. But last year Maryland elected a Republican for governor.   

My last MD congressional rep was Andy Harris and is a very solid conservative. He is running for re-election this year and is currently ahead of his democratic opponent.

But what might happen if Trump, knowing that he didn’t have much of a chance of carrying Maryland, didn’t bother to get on the MD ballot? Could that suppress GOP voter turnout? Does Trump even care about down ticket GOP candidates?

FWIW:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2016#Minnesota

Um. Because the Trump campaign has no operations in MN and left it up to the state GOP, who evidently aren’t too bright either.

It turns out Minnesota Republicans skipped over one rather banal but important step: electing alternates for the electoral college. Minnesota Republicans elected their members to the electoral college — the people who actually cast the ballot for president and vice president — at their state convention in May. But apparently they forgot to elect alternates for those electors, a necessary step in Minnesota to certify your party gets on the ballot.
Minnesota GOP officials blamed new rules about requiring alternates for the confusion, and others have pointed out the state party's constitution didn't even allow for electing alternates.

But the bottom line is still this: The state Republican Party messed up — and Trump was the one who took the hit.
The state party's leaders got together and appointed alternates to try to fix the problem, and all their paperwork is expected to be in line to have Trump on the ballot this week (the deadline is Monday). But it's not clear that appointing alternates rather than electing them is even allowed under state party rules. Brodkorb told The Fix the party leaves itself vulnerable to legal challenges that could potentially knock Trump off the ballot again.

But to some degree, Trump has set himself for this sort of headache. Hehas largely outsourced the nuts and bolts of running his presidential campaign to the Republican Party, which in turn outsources a lot of the work to its state chapters. In many states, the local Republican Party is the one renting office space, hiring staff and launching get-out-the-vote efforts for Trump. And making sure he gets on the ballot.

It's technically the state party's job in Minnesota to make sure the presidential candidate gets on the ballot. But it's a reflection of the Trump campaign's disorganization that the campaign let this slip. It's a real possibility it would have missed the ballot entirely if Brodkorb hadn't gotten a call and started tweeting about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/08/25/how-donald-trump-almost-missed-the-ballot-in-minnesota-and-what-that-says-about-his-campaign/

You have to admit that it is sort of amusing that the pro-marijuana party – “Legal Marijuana Now” managed to put down the bong long enough to figure out how to get on the MN ballot – in fact I think it’s darn funny that they filed and got on the ballot before any of others.
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

HonestJohn

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2016, 08:37:22 pm »
From Google search:
Minnesotans have voted for Democratic presidential candidates ever since 1976, more times consecutively than any other state outside of the south. Minnesota and the District of Columbia were the only electoral votes not won by incumbent Republican President Ronald Reagan in 1984.

These are the people who "supposedly" voted for Al Franken to be their Senator. You know, because of all his experience and world renown wisdom and all that.

Minnesota is run and controlled by Democrats, including all the elections. With all the blatant and obvious voter fraud and ballot manipulation that happens there, no matter how many people would vote for him, God could not get elected in Minnesota unless he ran as a Democrat.

Trump knows this and does not want to waste his time on what everyone already knows is a lost cause. IMO

Ahahahhahahhahahahahaha!!!

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2016, 08:49:46 pm »
You guys are all embarrassing me! It is like I have groupies...which is cool as hell.

I have the power! I can hijack any thread on this board simply by posting something to it. From then on, the thread becomes all about 240B. I can live with that. I promise to use my powers only for good.

I just want to say, to all my audience out there in cyberland, that I have nothing but respect and admiration for each and every one of you. Thank you for allowing me to participate here and for honoring me with this explosion of attention and adoration. Thanks again, I guess?

This is my thread now! I own it. I hereby claim this thread in the name of 240B!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

geronl

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2016, 08:52:38 pm »
The Trump national Campaign had that 12 Y/O in the Denver office file the paperwork in MLPS. Since he is too young to drive he took an Uber Cab to MN.  Trump said he would reimburse The kid the $240 bucks for the Uber ride.   

I told him not to hold his breath on ever seeing that money again.

lolz

geronl

« Reply #60 on: August 25, 2016, 08:55:47 pm »
Does Trump even care about down ticket GOP candidates?

No. It is the Trump Party now, the other candidates don't really exist to his supporters.

There are about 30-35 states Trump has no chance of winning, so why is he on their ballots? Why does he campaign in Maine and Connecticut?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #61 on: August 25, 2016, 08:58:02 pm »
You guys are all embarrassing me! It is like I have groupies...which is cool as hell.

I have the power! I can hijack any thread on this board simply by posting something to it. From then on, the thread becomes all about 240B. I can live with that. I promise to use my powers only for good.

I just want to say, to all my audience out there in cyberland, that I have nothing but respect and admiration for each and every one of you. Thank you for allowing me to participate here and for honoring me with this explosion of attention and adoration. Thanks again, I guess?

This is my thread now! I own it. I hereby claim this thread in the name of 240B!
Oh no you don't. I claim this thread in the name of earth!

[attachment deleted by admin]
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline musiclady

« Reply #62 on: August 25, 2016, 09:00:12 pm »

Case in point from my edit upthread.  Underdeveloped sense of humor.  Nothing he thinks is funny, actually IS funny.

You have my sympathy, son.............. Now I shall go to my profile and never have to see the tripe you post again.

Life is GOOD!   :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

HonestJohn

« Reply #63 on: August 25, 2016, 09:01:04 pm »

Captain Planet, it that you?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #64 on: August 25, 2016, 09:04:32 pm »
Captain Planet, it that you?

Gawd! That had to be the lamest TV show of all time.

Wingnut

« Reply #65 on: August 25, 2016, 09:06:45 pm »

You remind me of the guy who bought "Christine".   The car is in control and it doen't end well for the guy behind the wheel! 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 09:09:17 pm by Wingnut »

Wingnut

« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2016, 09:08:30 pm »
St. Olaf was a reference to the "Golden Girls".  Betty White's character came from St. Olaf.  All the people in St. Olaf were stupid.

Lame joke.  Sorry.

You know I got it right?   lol

Keep it up young Jedi.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2016, 09:13:26 pm »

The earth is obstructing my view. I must blow it up!

HonestJohn

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2016, 09:14:31 pm »
Gawd! That had to be the lamest TV show of all time.

:tongue2:

Offline musiclady

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2016, 09:21:08 pm »
St. Olaf was a reference to the "Golden Girls".  Betty White's character came from St. Olaf.  All the people in St. Olaf were stupid.

Lame joke.  Sorry.

Oh, SHAME on me for missing that!

It was a good one............ for people a little brighter.   :dx1:

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2016, 09:26:14 pm »
The earth is obstructing my view. I must blow it up!
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!
Come back with my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator!

Wingnut

« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2016, 09:31:42 pm »
Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth shattering kaboom!
Come back with my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator!

Offline unknown

« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2016, 10:26:23 pm »

Toro!  Toro!  Toro!

I seem to have the same effect. They aren't capable of staying on topic. The thread becomes all about me! I too am so honored.

:dancer:

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #73 on: August 26, 2016, 01:01:38 am »
Toro!  Toro!  Toro!

I seem to have the same effect. They aren't capable of staying on topic. The thread becomes all about me! I too am so honored.

:dancer:

Yeah, it is kinda cool, isn't it? I've had a poster post to every one of my last dozen posts only to tell me that I am on their ignore list. How great is that!?

But, you know, at least we are all finally having a little fun for a change, and that can only be a good thing.

Shame though, that no one mentioned anything about what I actually wrote which I thought was a pretty good point. I guess I didn't say it right.

All I meant to say was that the mistake may have happened because Trump considers MN to be a very low priority State for his campaign so he wasn't really paying attention. But, that was not clear in my post, so it went off to the races. I will have to be more explicit in the future. Anyway, this place is always loads of fun.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #74 on: August 26, 2016, 01:49:22 am »
Setting the mood...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk_InjADuAg

Whoa! Haven't heard that one in a looong time!!