Author Topic: The #NeverTrump Rump’s Premature Glee  (Read 381 times)

Offline unknown

The #NeverTrump Rump’s Premature Glee
« on: August 24, 2016, 11:25:19 pm »

The #NeverTrump Rump’s Premature Glee

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/08/the_nevertrump_rumps_premature_glee.html

J. Robert Smith
August 24, 2016

The Dog Days, and until last week, they haven’t been kind to Donald Trump. Polls then said he’s trailing Hillary. Even the honest ones. That’s in key battleground states. The MSM have toiled like good little propagandists since the Democratic National Convention to deliver a death of a thousand cuts to The Donald. The #NeverTrump rump continues to add theirs. It’s curious watching the Kristols, Ericksons, and Shaprios in league with the Washington Post and New York Times. Trump hate and fear makes for unholy alliances.

“Turn out the lights, the party’s over,” as the late Dandy Don Meredith used to warble on Monday Night Football; that’s when one or the other team was being hosed. The MSM wants to snooker voters into believing that the game’s over -- in what amounts to the 1st quarter. Or barely the second. But there’s a lot of game left and sound polling points to game on; Hillary’s lead is thin. In fact, post Labor Day is when the game really revs up. This thing may be decided by a field goal.

What does the #NeverTrump rump think the practical consequences are of downing The Donald? That’s post November, if any of them care to think ahead.

Why, blissful, threat-removing triumph. A vivifying restoration. Joint custody of the narrative… for the GOPe and “movement” conservatives.

Yes, a restoration for the GOPe. Jeb, who was maliciously cut down before ever getting to assume the throne, gets his chance again. Unless Prince Paul Ryan waylays him. But palace intrigue is better than contending with Trump the Usurper.

{.. snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline sinkspur

Re: The #NeverTrump Rump’s Premature Glee
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 11:34:50 pm »
Old boy's kinda bitter.  Wait 'til November 9.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.