Author Topic: Pew: Americans giving up on God, miracles  (Read 1557 times)

Offline unknown

Pew: Americans giving up on God, miracles
« on: August 24, 2016, 07:01:49 pm »

Pew: Americans giving up on God, miracles

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/pew-huge-surge-in-americans-who-no-longer-believe-in-god-miracles/article/2600066

Paul Bedard (@SecretsBedard)
8/24/16

Half of Americans who have left their church no longer believe in God, leading a surge of nearly one quarter of the nation who have no affiliation with any religion, according to a new survey.

Pew Research Center said Wednesday that 49 percent of what they term "nones" left their church and religion because they "don't believe." Another 20 percent said they don't like organized religion. Other reasons included "common sense" and a lack of believe in miracles.

The survey is the latest from Pew that demonstrates a growing trend in America: More and more people are junking religion and many are giving up on God.

Pew interviewed several respondents to try and find a reason. Pew Said for example:

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Pew: Americans giving up on God, miracles
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 07:05:10 pm »

Our national and individual turning away from God happened a while back. From a strong Christian nation, to now a post-Christian America we now have His judgement upon us.

Romans 1:26-27

"For this reason, ..."

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 07:11:31 pm »

As a realtor, I watch various aspects of property. One such aspect is the demise of big, old mainstream denomination church facilities.

Met an agent that works exclusively for an infill residential builder, that looks for church sites which can be purchased for the land.

Apparently when the congregation shrinks, and shrinks they have a very valuable asset in the facility, they can sell, salt away the funds, and continues their services in smaller facilities.

There are two examples of this right now, one already built in houses, another soon to be.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline unknown

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 08:10:19 pm »
As a realtor, I watch various aspects of property. One such aspect is the demise of big, old mainstream denomination church facilities.

Met an agent that works exclusively for an infill residential builder, that looks for church sites which can be purchased for the land.

Apparently when the congregation shrinks, and shrinks they have a very valuable asset in the facility, they can sell, salt away the funds, and continues their services in smaller facilities.

There are two examples of this right now, one already built in houses, another soon to be.

Yes, this is a real shame.

In Europe and here all those great and glorious churches being turned into health centers, bars, mosques, homes, ..

Some examples:

Bar in Ireland

Bar in Glasgow

Philadelphia

Indoor skate park, Llanera, Asturias, Spain

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 08:20:08 pm »
Yes, this is a real shame.

In Europe and here all those great and glorious churches being turned into health centers, bars, mosques, homes, ..

Some examples:

Bar in Ireland

Bar in Glasgow

Philadelphia

Indoor skate park, Llanera, Asturias, Spain

A beautiful old stone church in our town is now a B&B

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2016, 08:28:03 pm »
Mainline denominations that reject the truth of the Bible (*cough cough* PCUSA) are losing members in droves, while churches that believe and preach the truth of the bible, e.g., EPC, are growing by leaps and bounds. Interesting.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2016, 08:36:32 pm »
Mainline denominations that reject the truth of the Bible (*cough cough* PCUSA) are losing members in droves, while churches that believe and preach the truth of the bible, e.g., EPC, are growing by leaps and bounds. Interesting.

Give me traditional every time even if my views don't always match.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:46:17 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline unknown

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2016, 08:45:24 pm »

That is a good point.

The older denominations are the ones that have the older beautiful buildings. They are also, generally, the ones that have fallen away from the True Gospel. While the churches that believe and preach the truth of the bible are younger and therefore don't have those beautiful old classic buildings.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2016, 12:45:36 pm »

More Americans Than Ever Are Losing Their Religion
By Michael Snyder, on August 25th, 2016

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Share on LinkedInShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someone

Church Interior - Public DomainNever before in U.S. history have so many Americans chosen to be unaffiliated with any particular religious group. As you will see below, the percentage of “nones” in this country has absolutely skyrocketed over the past decade. But not all faiths are losing members in the United States. In fact, Islam, Buddhism, Wicca and various New Age organizations have all experienced excellent growth in recent years. Sadly, almost all of the growth for the “nones” has come at the expense of Christianity. Americans are leaving the Christian faith in droves, and this is why many of our churches are less than half full on Sunday mornings. What we are doing right now is clearly not working, and hopefully we can get the church in America to wake up while there is still time to do so.

Earlier today I came across a brand new study from the Pew Research Center entitled “Why America’s ‘nones’ left religion behind“. One thing that particularly stood out to me was the fact that most “nones” were once affiliated with a particular religion but have now discarded that label…

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/more-americans-than-ever-are-losing-their-religion
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 12:47:26 pm by rangerrebew »