Author Topic: Obama Admin Won’t Tell Congress How It Paid Iran $1.3 Billion in Taxpayer Funds  (Read 714 times)

rangerrebew

Obama Admin Won’t Tell Congress How It Paid Iran $1.3 Billion in Taxpayer Funds
Posted By Adam Kredo On August 23, 2016 @ 3:50 pm In National Security | No Comments

The Obama administration is withholding from Congress details about how $1.3 billion in U.S. taxpayer funds was delivered to Iran, according to conversations with lawmakers, who told the Washington Free Beacon that the administration is now stonewalling an official inquiry into the matter.

The Departments of State, Treasury, and Justice have all rebuffed a congressional probe into the circumstances surrounding the $1.3 billion payment to Iran, which is part of an additional $400 million cash payout that occurred just prior to the release of several U.S. hostages and led to accusations that the administration had paid Iran a ransom.

Article printed from Washington Free Beacon: http://freebeacon.com

URL to article: http://freebeacon.com/national-security/obama-admin-wont-tell-congress-paid-iran-1-3-billion-taxpayer-funds/

HonestJohn

Was the 1.3 billion... US taxpayer money?

Or Iranian money frozen after the Shah was deposed?

Most news say the latter.

rangerrebew

Was the 1.3 billion... US taxpayer money?

Or Iranian money frozen after the Shah was deposed?

Most news say the latter.

If it were Iranian money, why would the administration hide it?  That makes no sense.  I think it more likely the administration gave the money to Iran in the form of military supplies.  Now THAT would be something to try and hide.

Offline r9etb

If it were Iranian money, why would the administration hide it?  That makes no sense.  I think it more likely the administration gave the money to Iran in the form of military supplies.  Now THAT would be something to try and hide.

I imagine it was returned to Iran unconditionally ... to be spent by the Iranians in whatever manner they choose.  (And if there were "conditions," those would be unenforceable in any case.)

And, probably, the Iranians did divert the dough to military supplies, just to give Obama a quick thumb to the eye.

HonestJohn

It wasn't hidden.  It was part of the Iran deal.

I knew about it last year.  (not how the funds would be paid out, but that the amount would be returned to Iran)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It doesn't matter! 

They are NEVER going to take any action against him for ANY reason!  Mainly because you couldn't find a complete set of male genitalia in congress right now if you sent out a search party!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien