Author Topic: Bolton would consider serving as Trump's secretary of State  (Read 513 times)

Offline unknown

Bolton would consider serving as Trump's secretary of State
« on: August 23, 2016, 10:35:12 pm »
Bolton would consider serving as Trump's secretary of State

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/292313-john-bolton-would-consider-secretary-of-state-under-trump

Julian Hattem
08/23/16

Former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton would consider serving as secretary of State in a Donald Trump administration, piquing speculation about his potential future.

“I would,” Bolton told conservative radio show host Hugh Hewitt on Tuesday morning when asked if he would be open to the role.

“You know, you’ve got to talk to somebody about a job like that. It’s not just enough to take a position so you can put it on your resume,” he added.

“You have to understand exactly what your role would be and so on, and I think that’s a conversation any responsible person would have.”

“Obviously, you’d take it very, very seriously.”

Trump had previously told Hewitt that he is “seriously thinking about” tapping the longtime diplomat to lead the State Department, should he win the election in November.

"I think John Bolton’s a good man," the GOP nominee said earlier this month. “I’ve always liked John Bolton."

The mutual admiration...

{.. snip .. }

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:35:34 pm by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: Bolton would consider serving as Trump's secretary of State
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 10:36:23 pm »

John Bolton's a good man!

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:38:53 pm »
John Bolton's a good man!

He'd make a Good One!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline unknown

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 10:41:52 pm »
He'd make a Good One!

John Bolton: ‘It Would Be an Honor to Be Considered for Any Position to Serve the Country’ In Trump Administration

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/05/12/john-bolton-honor-considered-position-serve-country-trump-administration/

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 10:42:12 pm by unknown »

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 12:00:33 am »
He'd make a Good One!

He would .
But I doubt Hilliary is going to pick him..