Author Topic: Ex-Fox News host sues O'Reilly, Ailes for harassment  (Read 2671 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Ex-Fox News host sues O'Reilly, Ailes for harassment
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:43:13 pm »
Even more keep coming out of the woodwork (no pun intended).

The latest sexual-harassment lawsuit against Fox News and deposed CEO Roger Ailes alleges that the network’s executives actively retaliated against on-air personality Andrea Tantaros after she repeatedly complained about inappropriate conduct in the workplace.

Tantaros’s lawsuit filed Monday in New York Supreme Court declares that “Fox News masquerades as a defender of traditional family values, but behind the scenes, it operates like a sex-fueled, Playboy Mansion-like cult, steeped in intimidation, indecency, and misogyny.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/08/ex-fox-news-host-sues-oreilly-ailes-for-harassment/#bZLfh9kyTH56cIy0.99

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Ex-Fox News host sues O'Reilly, Ailes for harassment
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:59:13 pm »
Even more keep coming out of the woodwork (no pun intended).

I don't think it's the first time O'Reilly has been sued for this?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 10:34:14 pm »
http://documents.latimes.com/andrea-tantaros-complaint-against-roger-ailes-and-fox-news/
Read Andrea Tantaros’ complaint against Roger Ailes and Fox News 
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 10:55:42 pm »

Back in the 80s I was the only female in my field.  I put up with groping, condescending remarks, bullying, you name it.  I took it and kept my mouth shut.  I just made sure I was the best in my field to prove to them that I deserved the job.  I can't imagine filing suit for such silliness.

Back in the mid 80's my wife's first job out of college she was sexually harassed by a coworker but the owner did zip because the coworker was  in agreement to eventually buy the business some years down the road.

Like you she kept her mouth shut and did what she could and he stopped though there was friction-rarely spoke.

Some years later she started her own business in competition with the harasser and she took 3/4 of his business over a 5 year period and nearly put him out of business.

@Unlimited

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 11:04:47 pm »
Gretchen is a silly bimbo, but I'm surprised to hear that Tantaros has filed suit.  I thought she was a big girl.

Back in the 80s I was the only female in my field.  I put up with groping, condescending remarks, bullying, you name it.  I took it and kept my mouth shut.  I just made sure I was the best in my field to prove to them that I deserved the job.  I can't imagine filing suit for such silliness.
When I was sixteen I worked in a restaurant at a major amusement park, I was subjected to the crudest humor and innuendo everyday. I really didn't mind so much because 98% of the waitresses were college students and really pretty, so I just let them say and do whatever they wanted. :silly:
And that's a true story. Please don't think I am making light of what women go through in the workplace, it's just that women can and do give as good as they get in certain circumstances.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 11:15:44 pm »
She was asking for it....

(Ducking and running away now.)

geronl

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 11:17:41 pm »
They need a total personnel change at Trump News Channel

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 11:19:05 pm »
 :amen:
Gretchen is a silly bimbo, but I'm surprised to hear that Tantaros has filed suit.  I thought she was a big girl.

Well, that's nice.  But I've always felt that men who use their authority to abuse women (and that's exactly what it is) should be cold-cocked or racked hard between the legs.

The only way to get the attention of these cretins is to hit 'em in the wallet.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 11:28:47 pm »

Wife and I have a mutual friend who kind of had the same attitude. She was hit on hard, always felt up, and worse. She kept her mouth shut, finally leaving through promotions and transfers. A year later, the boss who harassed her raped and almost killed a young woman. Keeping your mouth shut isn't always the best course.

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 11:30:37 pm »
Please don't think I am making light of what women go through in the workplace, it's just that women can and do give as good as they get in certain circumstances.

When I was 17 I was hot (sigh the old days) -worked in a gas station pumping gas. Played 2 sports in HS, pumping iron  etc. wore tight jeans

Women would say sexually explicit things to me all the time from all ages of 18 to 80.

A week or two after I started I was working alone one night and a women in her late 30's or so asked me "How about a kiss"

That was mild to what i heard and was subject to but like yourself I'm a guy and my self esteem was through the roof as a result.

So yes, I know women have a hidden sexual side.

@GtHawk

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 11:43:18 pm »
When I was 17 I was hot (sigh the old days) -worked in a gas station pumping gas. Played 2 sports in HS, pumping iron  etc. wore tight jeans

Women would say sexually explicit things to me all the time from all ages of 18 to 80.

A week or two after I started I was working alone one night and a women in her late 30's or so asked me "How about a kiss"

That was mild to what i heard and was subject to but like yourself I'm a guy and my self esteem was through the roof as a result.

@GtHawk

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2016, 11:53:54 pm »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2016, 11:55:11 pm »

@GtHawk

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2016, 12:06:56 am »

Not all of us were homely.   I bet many guys here have similar stories.

Saw plenty of my male friends and fraternity brothers being hit on sexually by strange women over the years.

It's not  rare.

@sinkspur
@Cripplecreek
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 12:11:29 am by mirraflake »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2016, 12:10:54 am »
Wife and I have a mutual friend who kind of had the same attitude. She was hit on hard, always felt up, and worse. She kept her mouth shut, finally leaving through promotions and transfers. A year later, the boss who harassed her raped and almost killed a young woman. Keeping your mouth shut isn't always the best course.

Absolutely true.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2016, 12:14:58 am »
:amen:
Well, that's nice.  But I've always felt that men who use their authority to abuse women (and that's exactly what it is) should be cold-cocked or racked hard between the legs.

The only way to get the attention of these cretins is to hit 'em in the wallet.

Thank you for standing up for women, sinkspur.

It's disturbing to me that any woman thinks this kind of abusive behavior is to be expected and ignored.  It is NOT.

That attitude is why some women stay in abusive marriages and sometimes end up dead.

Keeping your mouth shut does nothing but increase the abuse and enable the abuser.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2016, 12:18:22 am »
Thank you for standing up for women, sinkspur.

It's disturbing to me that any woman thinks this kind of abusive behavior is to be expected and ignored.  It is NOT.

That attitude is why some women stay in abusive marriages and sometimes end up dead.

Keeping your mouth shut does nothing but increase the abuse and enable the abuser.

BTW Musiclady. Were you the one harassing Mirraflake at the gas station? The statute of limitations is up so you can confess now.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 12:22:58 am »
BTW Musiclady. Were you the one harassing Mirraflake at the gas station? The statute of limitations is up so you can confess now.

Yep.

I was the 80 year old to whom he referred....   888heartkitty

Offline mirraflake

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 01:10:56 am »
Yep.

I was the 80 year old to whom he referred....   888heartkitty
Wow that makes you about 120 years old today.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2016, 01:18:09 am »
Wow that makes you about 120 years old today.

I figured that.

I look good for my age, don't I??   ***cool cat***

geronl

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2016, 01:47:45 am »
Have they tried temporary NO! tats??

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2016, 01:54:32 am »
Yeah.  yeah.  That's why it's so much fun to work in corporate these days.  Nearly anything said can be twisted into "sexual harassment" if one wants to run and file suit.  If one wants to play in the sandbox, one has to man up, imo.  I realize times have changed and it's all due to the liberal PC movement to cry foul, sue, and cash in, but I find it shameful.  I'm surprised I haven't been sued as I've been known to tell or laugh at an off color joke or two.  I tend to avoid cupcakes of either gender.

After reading Tantaros' filing, I'm torn.  It appears to me she whined at every opportunity, but she had some legitimate complaints. 

Taking on Ailes did require some cojones, I'll give her that.  Without a doubt, the man is an old lecher.  With that said, I just don't think that every joke told in front of a female is harassment and cause to run to HR.

As for the way she dressed on the air, Ailes demanded it.  Heck, they even got Kennedy in a dress although non-sexy, something I didn't think they would ever accomplish.

Finally, if I'd run and cried "sexual harassment" way back when, I would not be where I am today.  So what if I got my ass patted and a few pinches where it wasn't acceptable to pinch a person?  I found an accidental stomp on the insole usually got the point across. 

Their pinches were an intimidation tactic that failed.  If I'd been a crybaby about it, I would have been sent packing into the area of my field where the women resided as some of the guys wanted as I was told repeatedly that I was taking a slot that would have gone to a man that really needed the job.  An area that paid much less and required next to zero brainpower.  No thank you.

I'm not talking about things that people "twist" into harassment.  We all know those things exist.  I'm talking about actual harassment and abuse that can escalate into even worse things if it is ignored, or worse, accepted.

It's one thing to be tough in a tough environment.  It's quite another to be silent about real abuse and let it go on, not only with yourself, but with other people.

Women don't have to take it.  Men don't have to get away with it.  Your story is typical of strong women in a man's field years ago.  But if women had continued to put up with it, in medical schools, in law schools and in business,  we wouldn't have had as a many brilliant, strong women as we now have in formerly male dominated fields.

You were a pioneer.  But that still doesn't mean the abuse you took was right, nor acceptable at any level.

So thanks for paving the way for other women to not have to take what you did, but don't diminish the wrong that was done to you, nor accept that it was necessary, or normal.

I sure wouldn't have taken abuse from misogynists Bill Clinton and Donald Trump had I worked for them.  No sirree..... I would have fought back.

Just my two cents.

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:56:08 am by musiclady »

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2016, 02:16:53 am »

@GtHawk
Well that certainly went right past where I was going, I was sixteen and these waitresses were 19, 20, 21, they weren't looking to give me any kind of experience but what they considered an embarrassing one, dirty comments, dirty stories, talking about monthlies, a casual brush up to see how bad they could make the kid blush, which was just fine with me as I said. My point was that girls and women can apply the same kind of influence when they want to.  In those days and in that job we were all just acting out and having fun with no intention of taking advantage of each other, to the contrary we were a tight knit group that looked out for each other against the rude clientele. I may embellish my past from time to time but I leave fantasy writing to professionals.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2016, 09:13:51 am »
You're right, of course. 

It irks me to see women that have had it quite easy imo whine and complain over the least little thing looking for a payoff.  My fed up with the world today hath runneth over.

I hear you!  The world has gone mad, and this is just a part of it.

Anyway, I mean it when I say thanks for sticking in there and making it possible for others to follow suit without having to take the (real) abuse you went through.

Offline Steve_Seattle

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2016, 10:40:15 pm »
"Back in the 80s I was the only female in my field.  I put up with groping, condescending remarks, bullying, you name it.  I took it and kept my mouth shut.  I just made sure I was the best in my field to prove to them that I deserved the job.  I can't imagine filing suit for such silliness."

I'm not a crusader on this issue, but you shouldn't have had to put up with it.  And even if you did, that doesn't mean that other women need to agree with you.