Author Topic: Rubio on Trump: First a Con Man, Now Better Than Clinton  (Read 829 times)

Offline unknown

Rubio on Trump: First a Con Man, Now Better Than Clinton
« on: August 23, 2016, 09:34:38 pm »

Rubio on Trump: First a Con Man, Now Better Than Clinton

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/rubio-trump-con-man-now-clinton-41593522

brendan farrington
Aug 23, 2016, 1:19 PM ET

A dangerous, erratic, con man with the worst spray tan ever. That's how Sen. Marco Rubio described Donald Trump when they were both seeking the Republican presidential nomination.

Now that Trump is the nominee and Rubio is running for re-election, his tone is different. He is no longer criticizing Trump, but he isn't exactly gushing praise. Democrats are trying to make him look like a hypocrite for backing the man he previously said shouldn't have access to nuclear weapon codes, and for jumping back into the Senate race after he said he wouldn't.

"Sen. Rubio is actually the real con man here," said U.S. Rep. Patrick Murphy, who is challenging U.S. Rep. Alan Grayson for the Democratic nomination. "He said something to the effect of, 'Ten thousand times, I'm telling you I'm not going to run for the Senate again.' Well guess what? He's running for the Senate again."

But don't ask Rubio to reconcile supporting Trump with his past criticism.

"We've gone through that a million times," Rubio said at a campaign stop at a Tallahassee restaurant. "At this point we're just going to continue to focus on my race and leave the past in the past."

Last month in Panama City, Rubio said he is supporting Trump because he pledged early in the campaign to support the Republican nominee.

"There are only two people in the world that are going to be president of the United States in 2017," Rubio said. "It will either be Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. And It can't be Hillary Clinton."

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Rubio on Trump: First a Con Man, Now Better Than Clinton
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 09:37:44 pm »
LOL!

One by one....how the mighty fall!     :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 09:45:15 pm »
We all agree that Trump is a better con-man than Hillary.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 05:58:58 pm »
I don't see the contradiction, or how Rubio has reversed himself.  Trump can be both a con man, and still better than Hillary.

Whether everyone else agrees with that asessment isn't the point in terms of Rubio being consistent.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2016, 08:53:14 pm »
Actually this story is a month old and being revisited. I am disappointed in Rubio for backing trump even if it is a hold your nose and puke backing. I would disagree with Rubio as
trump is probably the worst candidate to ever seek the POTUS in my lifetime and is more dangerous than Hillary which shows just how low this character called trump is. Don't you
just love the hiring of Manafort and the Russians to help his campaign. Our country would be in good hands with trump...NOT.

Enjoy your gloating. November will be here soon enough.  Almost forgot, there are the debates where we can watch a complete illiterate make a fool of himself and his fans will cheer him on and
call him insightful and masterful.

Well, shame on me.   Should have known that the NTs in here were having to recycle 'seasoned' articles in order to continue to pollute the forum.    :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald