Author Topic: “Why Trump?”  (Read 934 times)

Offline unknown

“Why Trump?”
« on: August 23, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »

“Why Trump?”

http://townhall.com/columnists/jackkerwick/2016/08/23/why-trump-n2208462

Jack Kerwick
Aug 23, 2016 12:01 AM

It’s true that on some of the most pressing of issues—immigration, trade, and foreign policy—Donald Trump’s “America First” positions are more align with traditional conservatism than are those of any other candidate. That is, they clash with the neoconservatism, the faux “conservatism,” that the GOP Establishment and its media apologists have promoted for decades as the genuine article.

{.. snip ..]

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
Re: “Why Trump?”
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2016, 05:44:41 pm »
 He's been a lifelong liberal. He's on record praising Billzebubba as a great President, he's on record praising Hillary Clinton as secretary of State, he was a registered Democrat during Obama first term, he's on record against the first and second amendments, he's on record wanting to raise taxes, he's on record wanting to raise minimum wage, he's on record supporting the individual mandate of Obama care, and he started his campaign because of a phone call with the Clintons. I am 100% certain Trump is a lifelong liberal democrat with an R behind his name in this race acting out the crazy caricatures of what he thinks conservatives are (ie. a bigoted, racist, foulmouthed jerk) so that Hillary can win. We've been had.

Why Trump indeed.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Wingnut

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2016, 05:47:00 pm »

Once a liberal. Always a liberal.

Offline unknown

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 05:54:52 pm »

Once a liberal. Always a liberal.

Really?

On the liberal Ronald Reagan:

“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

“I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and who have lived here even though sometime back they may have entered illegally.”

“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons,”

"Why I'm for the Brady Bill" Ronald Reagan, http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html

As governor, Reagan signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state up until that point.

Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street,

Reagan passed the most liberal pro-choice legislation up until that time as governor of California, the Therapeutic Abortion Act, signed on June 14, 1967.

“If you look at my father and you just knew him as governor — raised taxes, signed an abortion bill, no-fault divorce, and a few other things — today, the argument against him would come from the right, not from the left.”

Ronald Reagan - then a liberal Democrat - campaigns on the radio for President Truman in 1948. He also supports Hubert Humphrey for Senator from Minnesota and opposes the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 which had been passed by the Republican congress over Truman's veto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJDhS4oUm0M  Listen here to Ronald Reagan espouse his liberal values.

This is Ronald Reagan speaking to you from Hollywood.

You know me as a motion picture actor but tonight I’m just a citizen concerned about the national election next month and more than a little impatient with those promises the Republicans made before they got control of Congress a couple years ago. I remember listening to the radio on election night. Joseph Martin, the Republican Speaker of the House, said very solemnly and I quote, “We Republicans intend to work for a real increase in income for everybody by encouraging more production and lower prices without impairing wages or working conditions,” unquote. Remember that promise: a real increase in income for everybody. But what actually happened? The profits of corporations have doubled, while workers wages have increased by only one-quarter. In other words, profits have gone up four times as much as wages, and the small increase workers did receive was was more than eaten up by rising prices, which have also bored into their savings….the Standard Oil Company of New Jersey, which reported a net profit of $210 million after taxes for the first half of 1948; an increase of 70% in one year.

In other words, higher prices have not been caused by higher wages, but by bigger and bigger profits. The Republican promises sounded pretty good in 1946, but what has happened since then, since the 80th Congress took over? Prices have climbed to the highest level in history, although the death of the OPA was supposed to bring prices down “through the natural process of free competition”, unquote. Labor has been handcuffed with the vicious Taft-Hartley law. Social Security benefits have been snatched away from almost a million workers by the Gearhart bill. Fair employment practices, which had worked so well during war time, have been abandoned. Veterans’ pleas for low cost homes have been ignored, and many people are still living in made-over chicken coops and garages. Tax reduction bills have been passed to benefit the higher-income brackets alone. The average worker saved only $1.73 a week. In the false name of economy, millions of children have been deprived of milk once provided through the federal school lunch program. This was the payoff of the Republican promises. And this is why we must have new faces in the Congress of the United States: Democratic faces. This is why we must elect not only President Truman, but also men like Mayor Hubert Humphrey of Minneapolis, the Democratic candidate for Senator from Minnesota. Mayor Humphrey, 37, is one of the ablest men in public life…. Mayor Humphrey is fighting for all the principles advocated by President Truman. For adequate low-cost housing, for civil rights, for prices people can afford to pay, and for a labor movement freed of the Taft-Hartley law.

According to @Wingnut, Reagan, once a liberal always a liberal.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

geronl

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 05:58:27 pm »
Really?

and nothing in your response even attempts to challenge the fact that Trump is a liberal.

Offline unknown

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 06:00:23 pm »
and nothing in your response even attempts to challenge the fact that Trump is a liberal.

Really?

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 06:04:00 pm »
Really?

Of course you offer nothing to prove Donald Trump has changed from what he was a few years ago. No change in his behavior, no point when he announced that his Democrat party left him, no proven record as a conservative Governor.

Instead we must trust that Trump's word salad bars mean what you say they mean; that the flip flops aren't what they appear. Yet you offer no proof, instead offering yet more Trumpsplaining  obfuscation. Let the dead bury the dead and stick to Donald if you want to persuade anyone.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 06:12:06 pm »
Whether Trump is, or once was, a liberal isn't the point.  It's that he's running for President as a megalomaniacal, xenophobic fascist supported by the cockroaches of the alt-right.   

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline r9etb

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 06:14:08 pm »
Whether Trump is, or once was, a liberal isn't the point.  It's that he's running for President as a megalomaniacal, xenophobic fascist supported by the cockroaches of the alt-right.

Yeah, well, nobody's perfect....    :nono:

Wingnut

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 06:19:25 pm »
Really?

On the liberal Ronald Reagan:

“I do not believe in taking away the right of the citizen for sporting, for hunting and so forth, or for home defense. But I do believe that an AK-47, a machine gun, is not a sporting weapon or needed for defense of a home.”

“I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and who have lived here even though sometime back they may have entered illegally.”

“There’s no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons,”

"Why I'm for the Brady Bill" Ronald Reagan, http://www.nytimes.com/1991/03/29/opinion/why-i-m-for-the-brady-bill.html

As governor, Reagan signed into law the largest tax increase in the history of any state up until that point.

Ronald Reagan signed the Mulford Act, which prohibited the carrying of firearms on your person, in your vehicle, and in any public place or on the street,

Reagan passed the most liberal pro-choice legislation up until that time as governor of California, the Therapeutic Abortion Act, signed on June 14, 1967.

“If you look at my father and you just knew him as governor — raised taxes, signed an abortion bill, no-fault divorce, and a few other things — today, the argument against him would come from the right, not from the left.”

Ronald Reagan - then a liberal Democrat - campaigns on the radio for President Truman in 1948. He also supports Hubert Humphrey for Senator from Minnesota and opposes the Taft-Hartley Act of 1947 which had been passed by the Republican congress over Truman's veto.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJDhS4oUm0M  Listen here to Ronald Reagan espouse his liberal values.

What ever helps you swallow the bile in your throat while you leg hump the Orange Judas