Author Topic: "No Time To Read...I Want It Short': Best of Washington Post's forthcoming Trump book  (Read 2072 times)

Silver Pines

"No Time To Read...I Want It Short': Best of Washington Post's forthcoming Trump book

by Mike Allen
08/22/16

Donald Trump has never found time to read a biography of a president; prefers quick, preferably oral briefings to detailed reports; relishes the Secret Service hoopla; and once said that you become iconic by seeking more publicity after people are tired of you.
These and more are the highlights of "Trump Revealed: An American Journey of Ambition, Ego, Money, and Power,” written by Michael Kranish and Marc Fisher. Trump gave more than 20 hours of interviews to the Washington Post reporters who worked on the 431-page book, to be published Tuesday by Scribner.

A passage that hints at Trump’s likely style if he were to move into the Oval Office: “At Trump Tower, he kept no computer on his desk, and he avoided reading extensive reports or briefings. He preferred to be told about issues orally, and quickly.

“One day in June, he had a visit from a delegation of prominent executives from the oil, steel, and retail industries, and one of the CEOs told Trump that the Chinese were taking advantage of the United States. ‘He said, “I’d like to send you a report,”' Trump recalled [in a June interview with the authors]. ... 'I said, "Do me a favor, don’t send me a report. Send me, like, three pages." ... I’m a very efficient guy. I want it short.’” (p. 346-7)

Perhaps the juiciest nugget, from an April interview with the authors: “He had no time to read, he said. As the reality of the nomination had become clear, he’d thought about digging into a biography of a president – he hadn’t had a chance to read one – ‘but I don’t have much time.’” (p. 347)

Read more at:
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/washington-post-trump-book-best-parts-227259

Silver Pines

--“[W]hen Donald and Melania were married [in 2005], [Howard] Stern asked if Trump would stay with his wife if she emerged from a car accident disfigured ... ‘How do the breasts look?’ Trump asked. ... ‘That’s very important.’” (p. 167)

geronl

Michael Harrington is writing a book about the primaries from a pro-Cruz perspective.

geronl

--“[W]hen Donald and Melania were married [in 2005], [Howard] Stern asked if Trump would stay with his wife if she emerged from a car accident disfigured ... ‘How do the breasts look?’ Trump asked. ... ‘That’s very important.’” (p. 167)

He has always been a vain and shallow human being.

Silver Pines

Michael Harrington is writing a book about the primaries from a pro-Cruz perspective.

Thanks, @geronl .  I'm going to want to read that.

Silver Pines

He has always been a vain and shallow human being.

All of that...and a sleaze, as well.

geronl

Offline sinkspur

I thought Trump turned his back on the Washington Post.   

He doesn't.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  26m26 minutes ago
The @WashingtonPost quickly put together a hit job book on me- comprised of copies of some of their inaccurate stories. Don't buy, boring!
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 01:29:05 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Meanwhile:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  35m35 minutes ago
.@AnnCoulter's new book, 'In Trump We Trust, comes out tomorrow. People are saying it's terrific - knowing Ann I am sure it is!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Silver Pines

I thought Trump turned his back on the Washington Post.   

He doesn't.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  26m26 minutes ago
The @WashingtonPost quickly put together a hit job book on me- comprised of copies of some of their inaccurate stories. Don't buy, boring!

@sinkspur

He knows all he has to do is instruct his supporters not to read it.  They'll follow orders, filled with righteous indignation...and never mind that HE gave the interviews of his own free will.  It's all media lies!

Silver Pines

Meanwhile:

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump  35m35 minutes ago
.@AnnCoulter's new book, 'In Trump We Trust, comes out tomorrow. People are saying it's terrific - knowing Ann I am sure it is!

@sinkspur

Maybe Coulter should start jockeying for position to be the fourth Mrs. Trump.  Donald said that he would probably end up divorcing Melania one day, after all.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

What a slime ball.  No amount of money would make me stay in a marriage when my only value is my breasts.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

@sinkspur

Maybe Coulter should start jockeying for position to be the fourth Mrs. Trump.  Donald said that he would probably end up divorcing Melania one day, after all.

She's too old, I think he leans toward Mylie Cyrus

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
She's too old, I think he leans toward Mylie Cyrus

How about Lady Eat Me.  Some raw meat for the man who loves flesh.

AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline dfwgator