Author Topic: Trump and Logic vs #NeverTrump and Suicide  (Read 1133 times)

Offline unknown

Trump and Logic vs #NeverTrump and Suicide
« on: August 22, 2016, 09:40:01 pm »

Trump and Logic vs #NeverTrump and Suicide

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2016/08/trump_and_logic_vs_nevertrump_and_suicide.html

August 22, 2016
William Sullivan

In early August, the great Thomas Sowell presented an analogy describing the choice facing conservative readers of National Review, in a piece titled “Two Awful Candidates Heading to a Close Election.  What’s a Good Citizen to Do?”

“Voting for an out of control egomaniac like Donald Trump,” Sowell writes, “would be like playing Russian roulette with the future of this country.  Voting for someone with a track record like Hillary Clinton’s is like putting a shotgun to your head and pulling the trigger.  And not voting at all is just giving up.”

“Nobody said that being a good citizen would be easy,” he concludes.

The tremendous respect I have for Dr. Sowell notwithstanding, there would appear to be a huge flaw in his analogy’s formulation.  He presents “not voting at all” and “giving up” as if it were to potentially yield an alternative outcome to a Hillary victory, i.e., willfully committing suicide.

It won’t.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Oceander

Re: Trump and Logic vs #NeverTrump and Suicide
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 09:43:08 pm »
More extortion and threats.  That neither rational nor logical.  I'd say what it is, but we're not allowed to discuss that explanation any more; the Trumpkins can't abide by that truth.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 09:44:30 pm »
This belongs in OPINION or maybe TRASH CAN

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 09:45:15 pm »
More extortion and threats.  That neither rational nor logical.  I'd say what it is, but we're not allowed to discuss that explanation any more; the Trumpkins can't abide by that truth.

The camps for you! How dare you question the rise of the Trumpire!  :chairbang:

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 10:02:43 pm »
In a multi-party election, stating that "Not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary" is an example of a logical fallacy.

People who put forth logical fallacies as logical arguments are either profoundly ignorant of actual logical arguments, or simply being dishonest.
Let it burn.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 10:35:13 pm »
In a multi-party election, stating that "Not voting for Trump is a vote for Hillary" is an example of a logical fallacy.

People who put forth logical fallacies as logical arguments are either profoundly ignorant of actual logical arguments, or simply being dishonest.
One of my old college Economics professors used to say anytime someone gives you only two choices it's a false dichotomy. If the founding fathers had been stuck with that mind set we would still be petitioning parliament to ease up on the taxes.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online Ghost Bear

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2016, 10:48:21 pm »
One of my old college Economics professors used to say anytime someone gives you only two choices it's a false dichotomy. If the founding fathers had been stuck with that mind set we would still be petitioning parliament to ease up on the taxes.

Indeed, Wikipedia indicates that your Professor was correct!  Oh well, I only learned logic as it's applied to computer engineering and programming, so I don't know a lot of the formal terms.  :shrug:

Yes, the Founders thought outside of the box. Thankfully!
Let it burn.

Offline Blizzardnh

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2016, 10:50:56 pm »
While that statement is true its not realistic. the minor parties have no chance in this election. unless a dramatic change happens you will have Trump or cankles as your next potus. If the constitution party makes the ballot here I may go that route . This is the worst election ever for choice.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 10:52:00 pm by Blizzardnh »

Online Ghost Bear

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2016, 11:06:35 pm »
While that statement is true its not realistic. the minor parties have no chance in this election. unless a dramatic change happens you will have Trump or cankles as your next potus. If the constitution party makes the ballot here I may go that route . This is the worst election ever for choice.

The minor party candidates don't need to win outright, they just need to get enough Electoral College votes to prevent either of the two major party candidates from winning.  Edit: That's true in a close race anyway. In a blow-out, it won't matter.

I will be voting for the Constitution Party candidate as well, if he makes it as an official write-in candidate here in Texas.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:33:12 pm by Ghost Bear »
Let it burn.

HonestJohn

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2016, 11:19:10 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-JCQep-H3Y

---

And this is still better than Trump.