Author Topic: WATCH: Eric Trump blames Syrian refugees for 15 years of wage stagnation  (Read 749 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/watch-eric-trump-blames-syrian-refugees-for-15-years-of-wage-stagnation/

WATCH: Eric Trump blames Syrian refugees for 15 years of wage stagnation

Travis Gettys

22 AUG 2016 AT 09:09 ET                   

Eric Trump denied reports that his father planned to revise his immigration policy, which involves mass deportations and a border wall paid for by Mexico.

“My father’s speaking about immigration all week, so I won’t steal his thunder and his fire,” Eric Trump told “Fox and Friends” on Monday morning, as Donald Trump was hurling Twitter insults at MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.”

“But you know, my father’s immigration plan is pretty simple,” the younger Trump said. “He wants secure borders. You have to know who’s coming into the United States of America. You can’t let people come in unchecked. We have 100 million people in this country that are out of the workforce. Right? I mean we have manufacturing jobs in this country have gone down one-third since 2000. We’re losing jobs across the board, yet people are walking in unchecked and we don’t know who they are. And they could be ISIS.”

Eric Trump said his father wanted to protect Americans and their jobs from foreigners.

“I mean, they should come first — you were born in this country, you were born here legally, you’re here legally,” Eric Trump said. “I mean, wages have been stagnant for the last 15 years and it’s because you have, you know, Syrian refugees coming in. It’s because you have, you know, thousands of people coming over the border.”

The median wage has remained relatively stagnant for decades, although some economists believe that metric is misleading, but Syrian refugees aren’t to blame.

The U.S. has admitted nearly 11,000 refugees from Syria since its civil war erupted five years ago.

“I mean, and Americans are suffering because of it, and that’s his point,” Eric Trump said. “So he’s speaking to Hispanic and Latino leaders and he’s having really amazing conversations. He’s also speaking to law enforcement, he’s speaking to border patrol. And you know he’s going formulate a really, really great plan that’s humane and ethical and that treats everybody well. But we have to solve the problem. It’s a real problem for this country.”

The younger Trump dismissed the notion that his father had changed his position on immigration.

“My father hasn’t flip-flopped on anything,” he said. “This was all the auspices of one article that came out that didn’t really — wasn’t grounded in any substance. But again, my father is giving a big speech on this on Thursday so he’ll be talking a lot about the specifics.”

Video at link.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:44:20 pm by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

This is Sarah-Palin stupid!
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

Looks like Eric needs a babysitter too.  The whole Trump family is retarded.

Offline Gov Bean Counter

In your best Anne Robinson ,
Eric Trump, you are..........

The Missing Link!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:53:37 pm by Gov Bean Counter »
Donald Trump - Simple solutions for the simple minded...

Offline RedHead

We have 100 million people in this country that are out of the workforce.

My mom and dad are two of those 100 million people out of the work force.  It's called 'retirement' you putz. 

Offline kevindavis007

This is beyond Sarah-Palin stupid..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Solution?  Just send Ivanka out for 100% of all Trump communication.   Turn Volume to Zero.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

geronl

that is incredibly dumb

Offline montanajoe

The nut's don't fall far from the tree do they **nononono* :silly:

Oceander

Trump has already said he wants amnesty.  That's a flip-flop.