Author Topic: Climate change activists demand altering tax policy to cut birthrate  (Read 910 times)

rangerrebew

August 22, 2016
Climate change activists demand altering tax policy to cut birthrate
By Rick Moran

File this in your "nonsequitor" file.

Climate change activists want to save the planet by cutting the birthrate. According to their logic, more people are bad because it means more CO2 emissions.

The way to achieve this goal is by changing the tax code - a "carbon tax on kids."

Washington Times:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/climate_change_activists_demand_altering_tax_policy_to_cut_birthrate.html#ixzz4I4HPp2sr
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Climate change activists demand altering tax policy to cut birthrate
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 06:38:06 pm »
August 22, 2016
By Rick Moran

Climate change activists want to save the planet by cutting the birthrate. According to their logic, more people are bad because it means more CO2 emissions.

The way to achieve this goal is by changing the tax code - a "carbon tax on kids."

Washington Times:

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/08/climate_change_activists_demand_altering_tax_policy_to_cut_birthrate.html#ixzz4I4HPp2sr
I have a suggestion, why don't these folks set up euthanasia centers, the could call it recycling for gaia, where all of the worshippers of gaia can go and have themselves turned into compost so that instead of damaging the Earth with their use of resources and heat and carbon pollution they could actually do something useful with their pitiful little lives instead of demanding the rest of us worship at the altar of their deity. :smokin:
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:17:24 pm by GtHawk »

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 06:55:06 pm »
August 22, 2016
By Rick Moran

Washington Times:

This is basically exactly the same as China's one-child policy, under which couples were punished for having more than one child.  Initially enforced abortion was used, but now I believe that they use stiff penalties, which, since money is fungible, is the same as imposing a tax on additional children.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:24:32 am »
GTHawk wrote:
"I have a suggestion, why don't these folks set up euthanasia centers, the could call it recycling for gaia, where all of the worshippers of gaia can go"

See Kurt Vonnegut's short story, "Welcome to the Monkey House" (you can find it posted on the net).

I believe that was the inspiration for the "Going Home" centers in the film, "Soylent Green".

Perhaps this disqualifies me from being considered conservative, but I don't really have a problem with the notion of "assisted suicide", so long as no cooercion is involved (of course, this is the gateway to the slippery slope).

This is a very personal decision that no one can make for anyone else.

I could see myself in a condition where I might consider it, someday.
Hopefully not for some time!

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 02:42:32 am »
August 22, 2016
By Rick Moran

Washington Times:

Calling for using the tax system on behalf of birth control. Just like nanny statists left and right don't mind using it
for other kinds of behaviour modification.

I'll resist the temptation to suggest that if the Berman Institue of Bioethics wants to do their part to prevent more
noxious gases (actual or alleged) from getting into the climate they might consider closing their mouths.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 05:27:00 am »
GTHawk wrote:
"I have a suggestion, why don't these folks set up euthanasia centers, the could call it recycling for gaia, where all of the worshippers of gaia can go"

See Kurt Vonnegut's short story, "Welcome to the Monkey House" (you can find it posted on the net).

I believe that was the inspiration for the "Going Home" centers in the film, "Soylent Green".

Perhaps this disqualifies me from being considered conservative, but I don't really have a problem with the notion of "assisted suicide", so long as no cooercion is involved (of course, this is the gateway to the slippery slope).

This is a very personal decision that no one can make for anyone else.

I could see myself in a condition where I might consider it, someday.
Hopefully not for some time!
I watched my FIL have a slow painful death from cancer, I'm not an advocate of assisted suicide for trivial reasons but I find it hard to believe that we are learning some great lesson from God or being prepped for Heaven in dying in that manner.
@Fishrrman

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 05:57:44 pm »
The solution to THEIR problem is really quite easy.  Liberals sign a contract which says they won't have children.  If they do, they will be taxed at a rate 10 times the national average.  Before long all liberals are gone and so is "global warming." :silly:

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 06:23:05 pm »
Whoa, whoa, whoa,  Wait just a cotton picking minute.
We NEED more babies and children because we need to support the retirement ponsi scheme known as social security.

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 09:29:33 pm »
Whoa, whoa, whoa,  Wait just a cotton picking minute.
We NEED more babies and children because we need to support the retirement ponsi scheme known as social security.

That has already been solved by the government.  We will soon have an excess of muzzies and Mexicans.