Author Topic: The Alt-Right Gets Its Marching Orders To Go After A Different Religious Minority  (Read 1465 times)

Offline sinkspur

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/08/21/alt-right-gets-marching-orders-go-different-religious-minority/

The Alt-Right Gets Its Marching Orders To Go After A Different Religious Minority

Posted at 8:51 pm on August 21, 2016 by Leon H. Wolf

I am not much for the term "Alt-Right" because it implies that neo-Nazis somehow become new, different, interesting and edgy when they get a Twitter account and express their support for Donald Trump. In reality, it's the same tired old neo-Nazi crap, complete with the cowardly, anonymous intimidation that White Supremacists have been practicing for decades.

And just like White Supremacists from time immemorial, their favorite targets for a long time have been the Jews. If you tangle with one of these people on Twitter, they will inevitably call you Jewish pretty much no matter what (it happens to me all the time and I'm zero per cent Jewish). But now Tom Tancredo, writing in the modern day Der Stürmer wants you to know that the biggest problem might not really be the Jews after all. It might just be (cue scary music) the Mormons.

The media is suddenly full of stories on Trump’s “Mormon problem.” According to the mainstream media, Trump’s call for “extreme vetting” of Muslim immigrants in his foreign policy speech kicked open a hornets’ nest of Mormon concerns about “religious tolerance.”

The truth is more simple, as is often the case in politics, and it has nothing to do with religious freedom as practiced by Americans under the First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

It is an open secret in Washington, D.C. that the Mormon church supports open borders and lax enforcement of immigration laws. Many Mormon politicians have been supporting amnesty and open borders for decades. When I was in Congress I had a confrontation with former Utah Senator Robert Bennett over his sponsorship of an amendment to exempt religious institutions from a Sanctuary City bill establishing penalties for harboring illegal aliens. It turned out he did it at the request of his church leaders. Mormon church support for John McCain in his Arizona Republican primary race is also due in large part to his open borders record and his challenger’s strong criticism of McCain’s hypocrisy on border security.
The religious bigotry continues on in this vein for several more paragraphs; if you are interested, you can read it for yourself.

I would suspect that the reason Trump's support with Mormon voters is weaker than those enjoyed by previous GOP nominees has nothing to do with the LDS church telling them to oppose all candidates who are immigration hardliners. I suspect that a large part of it comes from the fact that every Mormon I have known has considered living a life of public decency is a significant part of their witness to the world, and Trump's persona is the opposite of public decency. Of course, I don't make the bigoted assumption that Mormons are mindless automatons who take orders from a shadowy secret council, so the most I can really say with any confidence is that each voter who opposes Trump has his own sincerely-held reasons for doing so.

The explanation offered by Tancredo is short on actual facts but is of course long on standard-fare appeals to bigotry against a religious minority, including: 1. Claims that the group wields wildly disproportionate political power due to underhanded lobbying efforts, 2. References to decisions made behind closed doors by secret councils who send out secret marching orders to all members of the conspiracy, 3. Claims that the group has ultimate loyalty to a foreign power that is attempting to undermine the sovereignty of [whatever nation the neo-Nazi in question lives in], and so on and so on. These claims have been made against the Jews by the "alt-Right" of their day for the entire duration of written history; now it gets to be the Mormons' turn for daring to refuse to bow the knee to Baal.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
It is almost like we are seeing a freeper dream race come alive in front of us.

If they start going after Catholics next, that will be a good confirmation.

I never could understand all the hatred for Mormons. Yep, their religion has some strange aspects, but all religions, when viewed from the outside do. But they are some of the nicest groups of people you'll ever meet and they stick to their values more than most. I just can't get over the no coffee thing myself. :)

Offline sinkspur

Religious bigotry is a staple of Trumpism.  Every authoritarian movement in history took out after the "religious."  Undercut the beliefs, replace them with another "belief", and you've got a new band of adherents.

Only, it's not working with Trumpism.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
I never understood the hatred for Mormons I often saw at TOS. With Muslims there are legitimate reasons for fear and suspicion but that's just not so with Mormons. Mormons are about as dangerous as the Amish.

Its not like Mormons are trying to impose some kind of Mormon law on the rest of us by outlawing coffee or something. They're some solidly conservative people despite the outliers.

HonestJohn

This is despicable.

Those that support it are despicable.

Trump and his supporters push this.

Therefore, Trump and his supporters are despicable.

Q.E.D.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 02:48:58 am by HonestJohn »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
This is despicable.

Those that support it are despicable.

Trump and his supporters push this.

Therefore, Trump and his supporters are despicable.

Q.E.D.

Until Trump clearly and openly rejects the Alt Right he is clearly rejecting me.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/08/21/alt-right-gets-marching-orders-go-different-religious-minority/

The Alt-Right Gets Its Marching Orders To Go After A Different Religious Minority

Posted at 8:51 pm on August 21, 2016 by Leon H. Wolf

snip... I don't make the bigoted assumption that Mormons are mindless automatons who take orders from a shadowy secret council

Mod1:  Please don't make comments that disparage all Mormons/Christians/Pastafarians.   Keep your criticism confined to individuals who deserve it.

The ones I know are not voting for Hillary. They are voting Trump.

Anyone who thinks what they believe is strange hasn't met me. Some of you have I guess. What I said on another thread is only something I feel. Taken with a grain.

@HonestJohn  @Cripplecreek  @AbaraXas
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:44:03 pm by Mod1 »
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Rothchilds...are they still around?

I thought the Buildiburgers and the Trilateral commission ran everything?  Then who the heck keeps sending me checks to hijack the election?

Ben Domenech ‏@bdomenech 11h11 hours ago
What would have made Andrew Breitbart publish anti-Mormon conspiracy theories?

Nothing. There is nothing that would make him do that.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 09:57:31 am by Once-Ler »

Offline kevindavis007

Wow more BS from Tom Tancredo
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races

I thought the Buildiburgers and the Trilateral commission ran everything?  Then who the heck keeps sending me checks to hijack the election?

No. It's really the Stonecutters who run everything.

Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down? We do, we do!
Who keeps Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the Martians under wraps? We do, we do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star? We do, we do!
Who robs cavefish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscar night? We do, we do!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXtQMz1RGNw
So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Until Trump clearly and openly rejects the Alt Right he is clearly rejecting me.

That's how I feel.   Unless and until he does, he's poison, pure and simple.   Respectable conservatism can survive only by rejecting this racist ca-ca.   That's motivation enough to make sure Trump is defeated in an historic landslide.   Only by doing so can we ever raise our heads again as conservatives.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Lets see...

You post imagery from Jud Süß, the most anti-semitic film produced from Nazi Germany. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jud_Süß_(1940_film))
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,217309.msg1016612.html#msg1016612

You have a negative view of the Potsdam Agreement, that being the treaty agreed upon by the victors of WWII on the post-war occupation of Nazi Germany.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,221054.msg1023119.html#msg1023119

And you view the Rothchilds as the power behind the throne, a classic anti-semitic trope about the Jews controlling world banking.  Typical ZOG conspiracy theory (Zionist Occupied Government).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,218923.msg1024743.html#msg1024743

---

You are a neo-Nazi.

Well now I know.  I had to look up ZOG    Interesting.  I can assure you I an not anti-semitic.  Just anti fedgov.  And I was raised a Mormon. Inactive.  The greater portion of my family are Mormon.  Too one degree or another.  And they tend to vote the way the church leadership votes. YOU have a nice day.  See you in the gulag.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
@Mod1

Well, it is nice to know how others perceive me.  I don't really care.  And I suppose that I have been painting with a broad brush lately.

Is it bigotry to be critical of a group you belong to?