Author Topic: Breitbart goes anti-Mormon: Will the Mormon Church’s Support for Muslim Immigration Block Trump's Victory?  (Read 6274 times)

Offline musiclady

Same here.. I have family members who are members of the LDS..

I don't have any family members who are Mormons either, but the unbridled abuse of good people and the vicious attacks on anyone who tried to counter the bigotry were what led me to leave TOS after 11 years.

I had thought about leaving before, but that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

I didn't want to be associated in any way with that vile place.

And I was raised Baptist, and for a while was Presbyterian.  NO association with the LDS, but just knowledge of how many fine people there were who didn't deserve that kind of abuse.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online kevindavis007

I don't have any family members who are Mormons either, but the unbridled abuse of good people and the vicious attacks on anyone who tried to counter the bigotry were what led me to leave TOS after 11 years.

I had thought about leaving before, but that was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

And I was raised Baptist, and for a while was Presbyterian.  NO association with the LDS, but just knowledge of how many fine people there were who didn't deserve that kind of abuse.

Same here..  To me it is a matter of respect. Am I fan of Church of LDS no, but guess what I'm not the person who judges a person in how they worship God.. They are the finest people and I don't get the hang up. Yes there are few bad apples, but every religion has a few bad apples. Another reason I knida like the Church of the LDS, I think they are one the first major Churches that came from America.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I was also raised a Baptist. Was the director of Education in one for a long time in fact but never was comfortable with the level of power the deacons have.  (Saw to many good men pushed out simply because some deacon's feelings got hurt. 

I have been LDS for more than 25 years now and could not be any happier.  The story of how that happened is FAR to long to relate here.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien