Author Topic: A #NeverTrumper surrenders  (Read 3283 times)

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: A #NeverTrumper surrenders
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 01:58:17 am »
Brad Thor. Who immediately developed the oral diarrhea that typifies Trumpers and started calling all who don't fall in line with the Alt Right godking "Traitors"

Thor can go to hell with the rest of them.
Oh well, he must be one of those demi gods, probably the god of butt thunder, beware the flatulence. 8888huh

Silver Pines

« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 02:21:09 am »
Trump always degrades those who opposed him then support him. Look at the way he treated Chris Christie like an errand boy or tossed Ben Carson and Sarah Palin aside when he was done with them.

However, the fact that they were willing to engage in undignified groveling only encouraged Trump. Its why Ted Cruz enraged Trump so much.

@Cripplecreek
@Oceander

Right, and it's why Trump's supporters despise him, too.  How dare Cruz not bend his knee for the savior of the country.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 05:04:08 am »
I see his point. Trump is human debris but Hitlary is shaping up to be worse.

Funny thing is, I know a few voters who detest Hillary, but are going to vote for her.  They reason that at least with Hillary, they know what they're going to get and they can live through it.   But they can't say the same for Trump.  A Trump presidency frightens them more than a Hillary presidency.  They can't trust him.  Now I don't like the idea of voting for Clinton, but I can understand their apprehension.

Ted Cruz correctly advised us to vote our conscience.  My conscience won't allow me to vote for Trump or Clinton.  Whoever wins the presidency in November will wreak havoc on this country, but my conscience will be clear, knowing I didn't vote for either candidate.  I will not be responsible for the terrible times to come.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2016, 09:18:59 am »
Funny thing is, I know a few voters who detest Hillary, but are going to vote for her.  They reason that at least with Hillary, they know what they're going to get and they can live through it.   But they can't say the same for Trump.  A Trump presidency frightens them more than a Hillary presidency.  They can't trust him.  Now I don't like the idea of voting for Clinton, but I can understand their apprehension.

Ted Cruz correctly advised us to vote our conscience.  My conscience won't allow me to vote for Trump or Clinton.  Whoever wins the presidency in November will wreak havoc on this country, but my conscience will be clear, knowing I didn't vote for either candidate.  I will not be responsible for the terrible times to come.
All one can do is vote their conscience. If Trump or Hillary will be a disaster, and Americans are determined to go down one of those roads, my vote will not prevent that. I can, however vote for the candidate who stands best for what I believe, that being Darrell Castle and the Constitution Party. It isn't as big as the Libertarian Party yet, but that is because the MSM only talk about the Libertarians, or more rarely the Green or Reform Parties as options. (I don't see the MSM supporting an originalist interpretation of the Constitution or a government based on that any time soon.) Whatever happens, at least I will be able to sleep at night knowing I didn't vote for disaster.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kartographer

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2016, 10:06:43 am »

“It’s a lot to hope for, I know, but hope is all we have left. We have exhausted every other avenue. Make no mistake — I believe one hundred percent in standing on principle. Principle, in this case though, will not cure cancer. Sadly, that crappy clinic south of the border is starting to look like our only option,” he wrote.

"I think voting for the lesser of two evils in game theory always leads to more evil." - Penn Jillette
Charley Waite: "Well you may not know this, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dying."

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2016, 01:02:25 pm »
Brad Thor. Who immediately developed the oral diarrhea that typifies Trumpers and started calling all who don't fall in line with the Alt Right godking "Traitors"

Thor can go to hell with the rest of them.

I *used* to associate the "You Must Vote For" rhetoric with democrats and despots. Nice to know that Trumpettes are just as eager to tell me how I *must* vote.

How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Applewood

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2016, 02:27:48 pm »
I *used* to associate the "You Must Vote For" rhetoric with democrats and despots. Nice to know that Trumpettes are just as eager to tell me how I *must* vote.

A number of things Trump followers say, do and believe in are or were purely Democrat.  Trump followers say they didn't like Obama spending money on stimulus. But Trump proposes a stimulus and suddenly he's a genius.  They also believe banks and financial institutions are evil, just like the Democrats.  And yes, they are using some of the same tactics Democrats used for years, including intimidation and ridicule, to coerce people into voting for their god, Trump.  I wouldn't be surprised if Trump followers start registering dead people and illegals to vote for almighty Trump -- just like the Democrats.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2016, 11:51:11 pm »
Hewitt's the one who's turned me off. I always respected him, but he's on this "if only for SCOTUS" kick. 

And there is no evidence Trump ever follows through on a commitment.  I do like Michael Medved and he's struggling with his decision.  He has to maintain some level of objectivity for his audience, but if he folds, I'm done with all of these talk show idiots.

Hewitt's a squish.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2016, 12:08:13 am »
Fear can make people do strange things.  :shrug:

As for myself, if I am the last #NeverTrump'er in existence, then so be it. I will never support or vote for Trump.

Here I stand, I can do no other.
@Ghost Bear

I'm with you.  I am convinced Trump will start a war because he is mentally off and must have the adoration of every country in the world. Trump is the best "explainer" of how competent he is:

“I know words, I use the best words.”
"I have a very good brain and have said many things."

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2016, 12:20:09 am »
@Ghost Bear

I'm with you.  I am convinced Trump will start a war because he is mentally off and must have the adoration of every country in the world. Trump is the best "explainer" of how competent he is:

“I know words, I use the best words.”
"I have a very good brain and have said many things."
Chauncy Gardiner (Being There) with an attitude and orange...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis