Author Topic: Trump Campaign Spending money like a Drunken Sailor, but not on television ads or boosted payroll.  (Read 1325 times)

Wingnut

WASHINGTON - Donald Trump's campaign expenses more than doubled last month, even as the Republican presidential nominee held his payroll to about 70 employees, aired zero television advertisements and undertook no significant operational buildout across the country.

Instead, about half of the campaign's $18.5 million in spending was vacuumed up by Giles-Parscale, a web design and marketing firm new to national politics, Federal Election Commission filings show. It's a crossover vendor from Trump's real estate organization.

The campaign paid Giles-Parscale $8.4 million in July, about twice what the San Antonio firm had collected from it over the course of the preceding year. Brad Parscale, the president, is the campaign's director of digital marketing.

The big expense came as Trump put a new emphasis on online fundraising, after paying for his primary run mostly out of his own pocket.

Millions more went to air travel. The campaign paid about $2 million for private jets other than Trump's own TAG Air, which also collected $500,000.

Some of Trump's consultants are also mysteriously well-paid.

Chess Bedsole, the campaign's Alabama state director, was paid $64,000 last month for field consulting. His last campaign payment was for $15,000 in December.

Yet the campaign's payroll remained thin, and there did not appear to be much new in the way of office leases across the country, including in critical battleground states such as Ohio.

Trump has relied heavily on the Republican National Committee for conventional campaign infrastructure. And he's boasted of holding the line on his campaign spending. But he's running critically low on time to build an operation that can compete with Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton.

In addition to being ahead of Trump in polls in key states, Clinton has maintained a staff of about 700 for months, opened up offices across the country and already spent $67 million on general election ads. Trump put out his first ads days ago, spending $5 million to air them in Florida, Ohio, Pennsylvania and North Carolina.
More:
http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/donald-trump-s-campaign-expenses-double-but-no-tv-ads-or-payroll-boost-1.12205721
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 08:10:16 pm by Wingnut »

geronl

he's paying himself salary, paying himself rent, paying his kids as advisers and paying his own companies

spends more on hats than staff

Wingnut

he's paying himself salary, paying himself rent, paying his kids as advisers and paying his own companies

spends more on hats than staff

Only suckers enter public life to give back.  I'm in it to make a buck and steal a few too.
-Donald Trump

Offline Frank Cannon

Looks like he is running a pretty solid grift here. Looks like he learned something from his failed multi level marketing piss tests.

Offline LadyLiberty

The big expense came as Trump put a new emphasis on online fundraising, after paying for his primary run mostly out of his own pocket.

???  Last I heard, the paperwork has never been filed to pay back the loans he made to his campaign.

Wingnut

Looks like he is running a pretty solid grift here. Looks like he learned something from his failed multi level marketing piss tests.

It has been said this is his biggest score.  His mark. The American Voter.

So Frank, You are back from Vacation. Like Pat Paulsen, Rested and Ready to Go!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 09:18:10 pm by Wingnut »

Offline Suppressed

???  Last I heard, the paperwork has never been filed to pay back the loans he made to his campaign.

Yeah, that's what I've heard, too.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

geronl

EVERY Trump location has a Grift Shop in the lobby

Offline Frank Cannon

So Frank, You are back from Vacation. Like Pat Paulsen, Rested and Ready to Go!

I've upped my standards....now up yours.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Yeah, that's what I've heard, too.

Me three and I went looking for a confirmation.  It wasn't in the last two filings.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Wingnut

I've upped my standards....now up yours.

Pat could have had a chance this year!