Author Topic: American journalism is collapsing before our eyes  (Read 791 times)

Offline unknown

American journalism is collapsing before our eyes
« on: August 21, 2016, 04:16:45 pm »

American journalism is collapsing before our eyes

http://nypost.com/2016/08/21/american-journalism-is-collapsing-before-our-eyes/

Aug 21, 2016
Michael Goodwin

Donald Trump may or may not fix his campaign, and Hillary Clinton may or may not become the first female president. But something else happening before our eyes is almost as important: the complete collapse of American journalism as we know it.

The frenzy to bury Trump is not limited to the Clinton campaign and the Obama White House. They are working hand-in-hand with what was considered the cream of the nation’s news organizations.

The shameful display of naked partisanship by the elite media is unlike anything seen in modern America.

The largest broadcast networks — CBS, NBC and ABC — and major newspapers like The New York Times and Washington Post have jettisoned all pretense of fair play. Their fierce determination to keep Trump out of the Oval Office has no precedent.

{..snip..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Oceander

Re: American journalism is collapsing before our eyes
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 04:19:21 pm »
Oh please.  Naked partisanship amongst what used to be journalistic outlets has been obvious since at least 2000, if not earlier.

geronl

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 04:30:10 pm »
There is nothing new about journalism. This is pretty normal for the most part.

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 04:30:37 pm »
Oh please.  Naked partisanship amongst what used to be journalistic outlets has been obvious since at least 2000, if not earlier.

since the 1700's at least

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 04:40:39 pm »

It goes back to the Wilson era with men like William Randolph Hearst,  George Creel and Walter Lippman.

We did not call it propaganda, for that word, in German hands, had come to be associated with deceit and corruption. George Creel

geronl

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 04:42:46 pm »
It goes back to the Wilson era with men like William Randolph Hearst,  George Creel and Walter Lippman.

We did not call it propaganda, for that word, in German hands, had come to be associated with deceit and corruption. George Creel

Newspapers were calling Abe Lincoln a monkey.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 04:49:29 pm »
Newspapers were calling Abe Lincoln a monkey.

The media has largely been left wing since the birth of the newspaper. The real sophisticated modern form of media propaganda was a deliberate progressive effort in the Wilson era when the Creel commission (The committee on public information) was openly and officially working out of the white house.

The left has had it all along and unfortunately Trump also has it with Weasels like Hannity, Bannon, Drudge, Hewitt etc.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 04:49:58 pm by Cripplecreek »

Offline unknown

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 05:06:40 pm »

..the Democratic Party received a total donation of $1,020,816, given by 1,160 employees of the three major broadcast television networks (NBC, CBS, ABC), while the Republican Party received only $142,863 via 193 donations.[44] Both of these figures represent donations made in 2008.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_bias_in_the_United_States

Donations from media employees 2008:

Democratic Party  $ 1,020,816
Republican Party   $   

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 05:07:00 pm by unknown »

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)