Author Topic: The Day I Went Head-To-Head With Donald Trump  (Read 980 times)

Offline unknown

The Day I Went Head-To-Head With Donald Trump
« on: August 21, 2016, 04:11:38 pm »

The Day I Went Head-To-Head With Donald Trump

http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspin/2016/08/19/the-day-i-went-head-to-head-with-donald-trump/

Aug 19, 2016
Thomas C. Stewart
Mr. Stewart is a retired New York investment banker and a former U.S. Naval Attack Commander who flew combat during the Gulf War.

Whenever I hear someone complain that Donald Trump is “not presidential,” I reply, “Compared to whom? Which president are we talking about? How ‘presidential’ was Barack Obama in 2008 when he said of the Republicans, ‘If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun’?”

And just what are the qualities that really matter in a president?

The overwhelming majority of Mr. Trump’s detractors have never sat across the table from him to hammer out a multimillion-dollar business deal. I have. So I think I’m in a better position than they are to judge his effectiveness as a top-level executive.

Because of the duty of confidentiality that I owe to my clients and to the other members of the negotiating team, I can’t give specific details on the project that was discussed at the meeting. But I can share my own impressions on what it was like to deal directly with Mr. Trump.

The first thing I noticed about Mr. Trump was that he was a stickler for detail. As a politician, he may affect a breezy platform style, but in the office, he was all business. Right off the bat, he corrected my team’s estimates of future financing requirements. He must have phoned an expert minutes before the meeting, because he said that by the latest market information he had, our current interest rates were off by 0.1%.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: The Day I Went Head-To-Head With Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 04:13:14 pm »

He wasted no time on civilities. He was brusque, impatient and dismissive of any information that he thought was inadequate, or any detail that he thought did not bear directly on the matter at hand. He cut right to the heart of things.

The senior members of my negotiating team were the products of privilege and Ivy League schools, and were highly successful executives in their own right. They were not used to this kind of treatment.

Yep, no doubt about it. There are some people that just don't like him, and therefore, they aren't going to vote for him. Well, grow up. You don't have to invite him over for dinner.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 04:14:00 pm »
Yep, no doubt about it. There are some people that just don't like him, and therefore, they aren't going to vote for him. Well, grow up. You don't have to invite him over for dinner.

HonestJohn

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 06:23:19 pm »
"How ‘presidential’ was Barack Obama in 2008 when he said of the Republicans, ‘If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun’?”

Since conservatives were irate beyond words over that...

...conservatives will be irate beyond words over Trump.

It's called consistency.

Those that call themselves Republicans and are not irate over Trump are neither conservative nor consistent.

Only hypocritical.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 06:23:51 pm by HonestJohn »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 06:29:43 pm »

:shrug:  Every political side has their graphics:

geronl

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 07:14:08 pm »
Conservatives Against Trump (no longer Republicans) beat Republicans A__licking Trump any day.

Offline unknown

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 08:23:06 pm »
Conservatives Against Trump (no longer Republicans) beat Republicans A__licking Trump any day.

Yep, and many have stated that they are actively supporting and voting for Hillary!   How nice.