Author Topic: GOP Hispanics: Trump Open To Easing His Policies On Undocumented  (Read 1063 times)

Silver Pines

GOP Hispanics: Trump Open To Easing His Policies On Undocumented

by Suzanne Gamboa
08/20/16

A group of Hispanic supporters of Donald Trump left a Saturday meeting with him suggesting he'll have a plan next week for dealing with immigrants illegally in the U.S. that goes beyond deportation.

Three of the Hispanics who are part of Trump's Hispanic Advisory Council spoke with NBC Latino after the meeting. Each spoke of an "open-minded" Trump who asked for their ideas on how to address the estimated 11 million people in the country without legal status.

Trump is to hold a news conference and rally in Colorado next Thursday and they said they expect details will come then.

"I think on Thursday we are going to have a plan that every Latino Democratic or Republican can be proud of as a very realistic, compassionate way of solving the problem," said Jacob Monty, an immigration attorney from Houston who also chairs the Latino-Jewis Alliance.

There was some discussion after the meeting that Trump was going to back a legalization plan for the 11 million undocumented, but none of those interviewed would verify that.

"If all we got was touchback, I think that would be huge,"[/b] Monty said referring to a policy that would require immigrants here illegally to return to their home countries and apply for a visa to return to the U.S. Such a policy was proposed in 2007 and was part of a plan floated by Trump's running mate Mike Pence, when he served in Congress.

Read more at:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/gop-hispanics-trump-open-easing-his-policies-undocumented-n635211

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: GOP Hispanics: Trump Open To Easing His Policies On Undocumented
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 12:30:11 am »
He's just got to do what he has to do to win. :whistle:

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 12:39:02 am »
Touchback was the plan from the beginning.  The Trumpkins were in such a trance that they only heard deport.  I guess he is an expert on the art of the deal.  He was able to call Hispanics rapists and murderers.  Employ illegals and use H2-B to run his businesses with Hispanic/Latino people.  All the while whipping white Americans into a frenzy about outsourcing.  They have been duped.  Everything stays the same.  Liberal is liberal.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 12:47:37 am »
Touchback was the plan from the beginning.  The Trumpkins were in such a trance that they only heard deport.  I guess he is an expert on the art of the deal.  He was able to call Hispanics rapists and murderers.  Employ illegals and use H2-B to run his businesses with Hispanic/Latino people.  All the while whipping white Americans into a frenzy about outsourcing.  They have been duped.  Everything stays the same.  Liberal is liberal.

Touchback amnesty never made a lot of sense to me. Why would we spend huge sums of money to deport people we're just going to let back in?

We should at least be honest about it and say we aren't going to deport people who are gainfully employed and not on welfare as long as they turn themselves in. That's not to say I like it but its more honest and cheaper than touchback amnesty.

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 12:51:33 am »
He was never going to build a wall or deport people.  It's just sad that so many people fell for it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 12:57:45 am »
He was never going to build a wall or deport people.  It's just sad that so many people fell for it.

The Art of Deception.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

HonestJohn

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 01:03:27 am »
Touchback amnesty never made a lot of sense to me. Why would we spend huge sums of money to deport people we're just going to let back in?

We should at least be honest about it and say we aren't going to deport people who are gainfully employed and not on welfare as long as they turn themselves in. That's not to say I like it but its more honest and cheaper than touchback amnesty.

Because some of our electorate is a bunch of morons who think it makes great sense.

They talk a lot about fiscal prudence in government but sure do love to spend other people's money.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 01:05:18 am »
The Art of Deception.

Oh, he's skilled at the con.  I'll give him that.

A few months back I read an article in which the author described a friend who despised Trump and who signed up for one of his university classes or something similar in order to blow it wide open.  I wish I could remember the title or author so I could find it again.  Anyway, the author's friend ended up spending a fair amount of money---in other words, she fell for the spiel despite the fact that she recognized Trump for what he was. 

All she could offer by way of explanation was, "The man could sell anything to anybody."

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 01:08:33 am »
Aww HECK!  There goes David Duke's endorsement.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 01:16:48 am »

Yes, that ..."Great Big Beautiful door" in the Wall "Ten Feet Higher" is trump bs.

The problem with "gainfully employed" is there are 90 million Americans who could use the job stolen by illegals.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

geronl

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 01:20:40 am »
Malleable

everything is negotiable

he's a McConnell-Boehner man after all

Offline Fantom

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 01:23:11 am »
Malleable

everything is negotiable

he's a McConnell-Boehner man after all

Only Ted won Iowa.. by saying he would end "King Corn". trump was all in to expand it .. pander it.

What could have been.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Oceander

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 01:27:27 am »
Somehow, "I told you so" just doesn't do it justice.

Guess what, Trumpkins, he sold you out, just like we said he would.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 01:29:49 am »
Oh, he's skilled at the con.  I'll give him that.

A few months back I read an article in which the author described a friend who despised Trump and who signed up for one of his university classes or something similar in order to blow it wide open.  I wish I could remember the title or author so I could find it again.  Anyway, the author's friend ended up spending a fair amount of money---in other words, she fell for the spiel despite the fact that she recognized Trump for what he was. 

All she could offer by way of explanation was, "The man could sell anything to anybody."

I do believe that.  We have seen it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2016, 01:35:37 am »

Yes, that ..."Great Big Beautiful door" in the Wall "Ten Feet Higher" is trump bs.

The problem with "gainfully employed" is there are 90 million Americans who could use the job stolen by illegals.

That is the only reason people jumped on the trump train.  We saw it happen when the air conditioning company told its employees it was shutting down Trump stepped in for a glory moment.  People were crazy with Trumpism.  Trump the candidate to save jobs.  Unfortunately the jobs were for the illegals coming back through the big beautiful door.  They get vacation on us.

Offline Cripplecreek

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 01:35:57 am »

Only Ted won Iowa.. by saying he would end "King Corn". trump was all in to expand it .. pander it.

What could have been.

He had an actual comprehensive immigration plan and was honest enough to say he would build the border fence already approved by congress. He could have promised a bigger wall than Trump but it would have been lying.

Oceander

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 01:37:18 am »
He had an actual comprehensive immigration plan and was honest enough to say he would build the border fence already approved by congress. He could have promised a bigger wall than Trump but it would have been lying.

In other words, Cruz lost to Trump because Cruz wasn't willing to lie, whereas for Trump lying is second nature.