Author Topic: Bennett: #NeverTrump-ers put vanity above country; ‘Terrible case of moral superiority’  (Read 24804 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

O/T, if you like Spinal Tap, you'll also enjoy Still Crazy. Great cast, great soundtrack.

I vaguely recall that film back in the late '90's, and haven't seen it around since that time. I'll see if I can find it again. For me, Spinal Tap is one of the funniest, and most quotable films ever made. On a scale of 1 to 10, it goes to 11.  :laugh:     
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If the tone of this thread and personal insults don't stop I am locking it...enough already!

Which is exactly the aim of the Trump supporters posting on it!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Which is exactly the aim of the Trump supporters posting on it!

I've found that ignoring them is pretty satisfying and it gets easier with practice. :patriot:

Offline musiclady

I would have to say that this is one of the rudest posts I have seen here.  I think that personal attacks are not allowed.  Calling someone a sick joke unacceptable.  If you were trying to show that you have moral superiority to anyone you fail.

It's OK @Chosen Daughter .  There are a couple of old "friends" here (actually DC was a friend) who think that calling me names proves they are better than I am.  They've been using this tactic ever since they fell under Trump's spell to try to make me feel bad for not throwing my life-long values in the trash.

It didn't hurt my feelings months ago, and it doesn't hurt my feelings now.   It's just their continued desperation to justify themselves for the very bad choice they've made to crusade for a corrupt, immoral, liberal candidate.  They must think their nasty judgmental words against me justifies themselves.

It doesn't. 

I'm actually surprised, albeit somewhat amused, that poor @DCPatriot thinks his calling me names makes him look anything but childish.   
He KNOWS I ain't no "schoolmarm."   888heartkitty
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:56:22 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

It might be a mercy.... there's nothing new being said.

Actually, there was some serious and important discussion on abortion and slavery on this thread.

If you skim over the Trump disruptors' posts, it's still a good thread.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

Let's see if I have this straight, a person with nearly 18,000 posts is complaining there is censorship on this forum?

The censorship of free speech here at TBR didn't start until Donald Trump came on scene, and his nomination became clearly imminent. Get the concept?

There's a few people here in management who do not like Donald Trump including some moderators -- and it shows in their modding... So figure it out, mr. new member, recent free republic banee.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:58:01 pm by aligncare »

Offline libertybele

It is really hard to take this site some times. All I keep hearing are two distinct groups.

One group of people are dealing with reality as it exists, right now, today.

The other group is insisting that because something that was supposed to happen months ago, did not happen the way they wanted it to, that nothing that they do after that fateful day matters.

There is no way possible to undo the past. Saying that you have no responsibility for your actions in the present, in a given situation, is the most ridiculous argument ever.

You are always responsible for the results of your actions. It doesn't matter to me which decision you make, but for the sake of reason, at least accept what you are doing. If you do not vote for Trump, you are actively making a decision to help Hillary, especially if you start campaigning against the Republican nominee. It is not complicated. It is not an opinion. It is not even debatable. That is the reality we are all facing. At least own up to what you are doing.

This "not my fault" victim-hood argument is driving me crazy. The wife beater always says, "It's not my fault. I didn't want to. She made me do it."

No.  I am definitely NOT going to vote for Trump and I am actively making the decision to not vote for Hillary.  I refuse to vote for evil.  All the Trumpsters and idiots like Hannity put this orange baboon on a pedestal and YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE for what happens as a result of your decision. You wanted him, you can have him and if you don't have enough votes to override Hillary, you are responsible for her reign as well. Many of us tried to warn you Trumpsters that the orange jello brain is a fraud, a liberal and Hillary's 'Trump' card to get into the White House. 

Those who didn't support Trump aren't responsible for him being the GOP nominee and I sure as heck am not going to be responsible for him being POTUS by voting for him. I didn't support Hillary and I won't vote for her and I am not responsible if she becomes POTUS.  If you wanted someone who could have beaten Hillary, you should have promoted and supported someone other than her puppet.  The polls indicated on the campaign trail long ago that he would lose to her and that he was the candidate with the least chance of beating Hillary. 

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

The censorship of free speech here at TBR didn't start until Donald Trump came on scene, and his nomination became clearly eminent. Get the concept?

There's a few people here in management who do not like Donald Trump including some moderators -- and it shows in their modding... So figure it out, mr. new member, recent free republic banee.

And yet you're still posting freely with absolutely NO censorship of your posts.

You really need to stop whining about something that doesn't exist, ac.

If you want a place where no one disagrees with you, there are other options out there.

TBR just happens to be FREE.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
The censorship of free speech here at TBR didn't start until Donald Trump came on scene, and his nomination became clearly imminent. Get the concept?

The ONLY place on this site where censorship is practiced is in the Trump safe spaces!  Everywhere else it isn't and if you say it is you are lying through your teeth!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline aligncare

Excuse me, if I should say that you are "butt-hurt" over Donald Trump's nomination' management censors me (it seems some words hurt your feelings). That's censorship.

Offline musiclady

The ONLY place on this site where censorship is practiced is in the Trump safe spaces!  Everywhere else it isn't and if you say it is you are lying through your teeth!

That is such a good point, Bigun.  The only place where posts are pulled because of disagreements is in the Trump safe space.

Offline aligncare

For you visitors, did you know some moderators here at TBR are neverTrumpers? Now, that shouldn't be a problem – except, that it shows up in their modding.

Offline r9etb

Excuse me, if I should say that you are "butt-hurt" over Donald Trump's nomination' management censors me (it seems some words hurt your feelings). That's censorship.

It's only because the mods can't wash your mouth out with soap.

Seriously, do you really think the way you're behaving is getting you anywhere?   

Offline musiclady

Nonsense!

Mystery didn't "Censor" you.  You made an absolutely false charge on a thread where everyone was in agreement that piling on Trump's car was a bad thing and NO one said ANYTHING bad about Trump, and she told you to cut it out.

That's not "censorship."  That's telling you to cut it out and don't try to start a fight...... which is EXACTLY what you were doing.

The post is still there, is it not?  It wasn't censored at all.

You're whining about something that simply doesn't exist.  You're making it up so you can keep whining.

Offline musiclady

For you visitors, did you know some moderators here at TBR are neverTrumpers? Now, that shouldn't be a problem – except, that it shows up in their modding.

Do they realize that one of the OWNERS is a die-hard Trumpite and the other considering voting for him??

They are working like crazy to keep it fair for everyone.

And they are SUCCEEDING.

Stop creating a false picture, ac.  The only thing you're accomplishing is making YOU look foolish.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, because saying one was anally raped—and implying that's not a valid reason to oppose someone—is a perfectly acceptable discourse.

No wonder you guys support Trump.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

Yes, because saying one was anally raped—and implying that's not a valid reason to oppose someone—is a perfectly acceptable discourse.

The thing is that he used that vulgar phrase on a thread about the thugs who jumped on Trump's car and EVERYONE agreed that it was terrible.

There wasn't a single negative post about Trump and he still tried to cause trouble on the thread.

Mystery handled it exactly right.  Told him it was disgusting.  Because it was.

NO "censorship."  That's a total fabrication.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 03:56:42 pm by musiclady »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I have to jump in here...this is absolutely not true.....you have no idea what you are talking about.

Most of the MODs are reluctantly voting for Trump and they bend over backwards here to be fair to everyone..I won't have you or anyone else on this forum disparage them as they unselfishly donate their time here at TBR.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Uh....why does "butt hurt" have to automatically be interpreted as "anally raped"?

Ever have a hemorrhoid?   Ever get sick and have diarrhea for a couple of days?

Get your mind right, @jmyrlefuller     :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Silver Pines

You made it easier for Hillary when you chose to support an unelectable loose cannon with the worst negatives of any politician in history, no tangible plan in place to run a national campaign, no real understanding of how our government works and who's consistently polled behind Hillary in the national polls average since before he entered the race.

When you campaigned and voted for Trump, you campaigned and voted for Hillary.

Don't expect me to own the consequences of your actions.

They were after all, your freely-chosen actions.

@Luis Gonzalez

Exactly right. 

Offline aligncare

Well, it's nice to see this tread reopen.

Offline aligncare

I guess NeverTrump was desirous of making yet another obfuscational point.

Silver Pines

I wasn't selling, @CatherineofAragon, merely correcting---any way I can.  I'll use video, articles, graphics---whatever I have at my disposal to correct the torrent of falsehoods so often flooding this forum.  I do hope you can handle that.

No, you were selling.

And I asked the question you cited above only in response to a poster saying Trump supporters never present any reason to vote for Trump.  Specifically raise the issue, Catherine, and I will respond.

When you ask that poster what they need to hear to vote for Trump, it's selling.

Otherwise, please know you have my blessings to stew in your own bitterness until the cows come home.  I'll only help you out of the stew if you ask for it.

And since we know that won't happen, any further discussion on this between the two of us is foolish and moot.

So that's all.

@Right_in_Virginia, I've always found that just saying what's on your mind without resorting to the refuge of oily passive-aggressiveness is the best option. 

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

I guess you didn't get your way this time!  To bad! So sad!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I locked it so everyone would cool off......don't start it up again or it will get locked for good.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34