Author Topic: 'Never Trumpers' Can't Be Pleased  (Read 4450 times)

Offline unknown

'Never Trumpers' Can't Be Pleased
« on: August 20, 2016, 06:32:22 pm »

'Never Trumpers' Can't Be Pleased

http://www.newsmax.com/Murdock/cruz-education-healthcare-romney/2016/08/12/id/743395/

Deroy Murdock
Friday, 12 Aug 2016 02:08 PM

Short of diving head-first from atop his eponymous tower, Donald J. Trump seems unable to satisfy the Never Trump crowd.

Perhaps the most aggravating thing about Trump’s mortal enemies on the right — many of whom I have known and admired for decades — is that they refuse to take “yes” for an answer.

Former Republican nominee Mitt Romney, Sen. Ted Cruz, columnist George Will, and others complain that Trump is a non-conservative, crypto-Democrat — Hillary Clinton with orange hair.

No doubt, Trump’s trade policies violate conservative doctrine on the free exchange of goods and services across borders. Also, Trump’s frequent inability to mute his internal monologue maddens even his most avid supporters.

However, on policy issues and political judgments, Trump has done the right thing — only to hear catcalls from the very conservatives who should welcome his major strides in their direction.

{.. snip ..  See URL for great lists of all conservative positions that Trump has taken .. }

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline unknown

Re: 'Never Trumpers' Can't Be Pleased
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 06:33:06 pm »

Alas, the Never Trumpniks know full well that an independent alternative to Trump would split the right and hand the Democrats the presidency.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 06:37:35 pm »
And some wonder why we oppose not just Trump, but the attitudes he is bringing up so strongly. Read this one again:

Perhaps the most aggravating thing about Trump’s mortal enemies on the right — many of whom I have known and admired for decades — is that they refuse to take “yes” for an answer.

What an extreme case of entitlement mentality, as though loyalty is required or obligated to instead of earned. They told us to hold our nose and vote for McCain, we did. They told us to hold our nose and vote for Romney, and we did. But there is a point where we can't hold our nose any longer.

We the people have ZERO obligation of loyalty to any political party. When it comes to politics, we should be loyal to our values, conscience, faith, and the Constitution.

If they don't like people aren't loyal to them, they should work on their sales pitch because right now, it is failing.

Offline unknown

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 06:41:57 pm »

A great and well-written article.

on policy issues and political judgments, Trump has done the right thing — only to hear catcalls from the very conservatives who should welcome his major strides in their direction.

This is so true.

The leftists liberal democrats, those that call themselves conservatives, they out themselves as the liberals they are when they purposefully ignore Trumps conservative policies. Using all the leftists liberal democrat strategies, strategies and tactics that are shown very clearly in the msm, they resort to name-calling, and character assassination; and never policy discussion.

Oh well, it the TRUTH that must be proclaimed. All about the TRUTH. Conservative policies such as PRO-LIFE SCOTUS nominations. But no. The liberals want Hillary to win so she can promote baby killing, and the liberals want this. Well, I don't want this. I will stand for TRUTH and PRO-LIFE.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 06:42:54 pm »
Which of the august list of economists who helped Trump formulate his economic policies came up with the idea to double the amount of money Hillary promised for "infrastructure spending"?

Perhaps the NeverTrumpers just don't trust Donald.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 06:51:58 pm »
"Alas, the Never Trumpniks know full well that an independent alternative to Trump would split the right and hand the Democrats the presidency."

This is a scare tactic being used by Trump supporters against anyone not on the Trump Train, and it doesn't wash.  Should Hillary win, it will be because people willingly voted for her, not because people didn't vote for Trump.  I have spoken to a number of people who say they will vote for Hillary even though they don't like her.  Their reasoning appears to be -- with Hillary they know what they're getting.  With Trump, they don't.  And that uncertainty scares them.  They don't trust Trump.  I don't like their reasoning,  but I believe I understand it. 

Trump has changed his mind, outright lied and bullied enough people that voters are running away from him in droves.  No amount of "regret" or "apologies" is going to persuade those voters to reconsider.  Trump has lost their trust and he isn't getting it back.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 06:54:50 pm »
Conservative policies such as PRO-LIFE SCOTUS nominations.

Which he's backed away from.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Oceander

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 06:54:57 pm »
Why should I vote for someone who is a known - and self-admitted - liar?  Trump simply cannot be trusted to tell the truth.  He voluntarily blew his trustworthiness a long time ago and once your reputation is gone, it's very difficult to get it back.

Trump is a liar and everything he's promised, from appointing conservative Supreme Court justices to shutting down immigration, is a lie, so-called "truthful hyperbole" designed solely to get the marks emotionally invested in the project, and not an actual statement of what he will do, or can do.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 06:55:28 pm »
"Mortal enemies on the right"...such breathless hyperbole.  I guess that's how it must seem to the hardcore Trump supporter when faced with someone who refuses to bow the knee to the master.

Trump can stop trying to satisfy me.  NeverTrump means there's not a chance I'll support him.  Murdock's righteous indignation that I insist on maintaining control of my own vote is laughable.  He has no right to demand support for his candidate. 

"Malcontents", LOL.

Silver Pines

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 06:57:15 pm »

A great and well-written article.

Hardly.  It's a pouty, foot-stamping tantrum.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 06:59:18 pm »
I do not vote for liberal New Yorkers. Period.

There is nothing conservative or genuine about Trump, I detest him.

Offline ABX

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 06:59:26 pm »

This is a scare tactic being used by Trump supporters against anyone not on the Trump Train, and it doesn't wash. .....

A vast majority of the 'selling' techniques being used by Trump and those trying to convince me to support Trump are classic manipulative techniques that hucksters resort to so you don't look at the actual value of the product. You see things like false dichotomies, guilt tripping, threats, go along with the crowd, and other techniques used in classic used car salesmen techniques, third world propagandists, and hucksters of MLMs. These type of techniques to many of us, are just one more red flag that what we are being sold is not only false, it is downright dangerous.

If the product they were selling was worth buying, they wouldn't need to resort to these tactics.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2016, 07:03:28 pm »
Calling political opponents "mortal enemies" is a tactic of the left.

Obama used it about Republicans, and Trump's people are one-upping Obama, and calling Conservatives "mortal enemies."

What a shameful bit of hyperbolic nonsense.

No WONDER rational people aren't supporting Trump.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:08:20 pm by musiclady »
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline ABX

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2016, 07:05:15 pm »
This is interesting. Not that I'm all tinfoil hat about the CFR or anything, but the author who is trying to manipulate us and sell us to support Trump, is a Council on Foreign Relations member and author.
http://www.cfr.org/search/?Ntt=+Deroy+Murdock&submit.x=13&submit.y=11

Is Trump the new CFR candidate?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 07:07:04 pm by AbaraXas »

geronl

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2016, 07:11:52 pm »
They are always hypocrites. They attacked Cruz for giving soccer balls to kids while Trump hands out Play-Doh it's "Presidential" somehow.

I'm tired of people pretending we don't what Trump will do as President, we do know. He will keep being the sleazy, vile, vulgar, con-man and rip-off artist he has always been.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2016, 11:33:28 pm »
I think I, for one "Never Trumper", am quite easy to please.

1) Bacon sammiches.
2) Kitteh pitchers.
3) Firm-feelin' wymin.

Any of those 3, really.

Truck Fump.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2016, 11:42:38 pm »
Oh well, it the TRUTH that must be proclaimed. All about the TRUTH. Conservative policies such as PRO-LIFE SCOTUS nominations. But no. The liberals want Hillary to win so she can promote baby killing, and the liberals want this. Well, I don't want this. I will stand for TRUTH and PRO-LIFE.

Of course, none of that is actually true.  Your problem is that you actually believe whatever is the latest thing Trump has said.  We are a bit more discerning and realize that when someone changes his mind and "positions" so frequently and seemingly randomly, those "positions" were never seriously held in the first place.  Really, nothing he says can be trusted to be his position the next day.  And that's why we can never vote for him--he has no principles beyond, "Hey, look at ME!"
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline unknown

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2016, 11:47:48 pm »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2016, 12:36:58 am »
I'm not interested in being "pleased".

I'm interested in constitutional governance.

Give me liberty or give me death. :patriot:

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2016, 12:43:29 am »
I do not vote for liberal New Yorkers. Period.

Neither do I.   There is, however, a certain type who does.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2016, 12:45:17 am »
"Mortal enemies on the right"...such breathless hyperbole.  I guess that's how it must seem to the hardcore Trump supporter when faced with someone who refuses to bow the knee to the master.

Trump can stop trying to satisfy me.  NeverTrump means there's not a chance I'll support him.  Murdock's righteous indignation that I insist on maintaining control of my own vote is laughable.  He has no right to demand support for his candidate. 

"Malcontents", LOL.

Everyone here could vote for the orange liberal idiot and he would still lose because he's in it to help Hillary win.

I refuse to be a part of that. 

« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:42:06 am by Vulcan »

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2016, 12:53:34 am »
Which he's backed away from.

:silly:

Come on that was within the campaign time frame.  Made the comments in August 2015.  Announced candidacy June 2015.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 12:59:27 am »
Short of diving head-first from atop his eponymous tower, Donald J. Trump seems unable to satisfy the Never Trump crowd.

That is not true.  If he puts on a dress, juggles 3 chainsaws, while singing "How much is that doggy in the window" I will vote for him...oh...he's also got to do it while levitating 3 feet above a vat of bubbling lava.  I've already texted him on my voting requirements, so you don't have to interrupt him while you're cuddling.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 01:06:44 am »
I changed my mind.  I would like to go with that first option...the swan-dive.

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 01:22:52 am »
I'm still waiting for the Trumpsters to give me one good legitimate reason to vote for Trump; and 'no' he's not Hillary doesn't count.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.