Author Topic: Donald Trump goes to Louisiana flooding site, spends a minute handing out Play-Doh, leaves  (Read 7828 times)

Wingnut

http://www.dailynewsbin.com/news/donald-trump-goes-to-louisiana-flood-zone-spends-49-seconds-handing-out-play-doh-to-kids-leaves/25753/

Photos of Donald Trump taken by those on the scene and posted to social media reveal that Donald Trump spent less than a minute handing out supplies – just 49 seconds according to at least one bystander – and he more or less just handed the supplies to Mike Pence the whole time. But in a storyline so strange that it wouldn’t be believable if there weren’t photographic evidence, Trump was literally handing out the children’s toy Play-Doh, as if that were of any help to those people in Louisiana who had just lost their homes or livelihoods to flooding.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:13:36 am by Wingnut »

Offline sinkspur

Trump thought they could eat the Play-Dough.............
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Wingnut

geronl

Here are those supplies you need to beat this flood!

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
One of the criticisms of Bush during Katrina was he didn't actually land on AF1, but he didn't because that would have pulled security workers and other officials from the job of rescuing him to do the typical support stuff for the President arriving.

I wonder how many necessary security and safety personnel were pulled off this job for a fourty-seven second play-doh photo-op?

HonestJohn

geronl

One of the criticisms of Bush during Katrina was he didn't actually land on AF1, but he didn't because that would have pulled security workers and other officials from the job of rescuing him to do the typical support stuff for the President arriving.

I wonder how many necessary security and safety personnel were pulled off this job for a fourty-seven second play-doh photo-op?

The Governor asked Trump not to come.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

geronl

Fake Trump Tweet

Offline R4 TrumPence

You guys are too ridiculous to even argue with you! 

I will say this.. I suppose you all do not care about all the little children who lost all their toys and need something to do while in the shelters? Go With God!

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline NavyCanDo

If this guy is not a Christian he's a moron. If he does claim to be a Christian he's an even bigger moron in a blasphemy on a size medium T-shirt.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

I will say this.. I suppose you all do not care about all the little children who lost all their toys and need something to do while in the shelters? Go With God!

Took you longer to write that than Trump spent helping those little children, handing out toys, food or otherwise.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline R4 TrumPence

Took you longer to write that than Trump spent helping those little children, handing out toys, food or otherwise.

Dont believe everything you read or hear from anonymous sources.  They were there for a while.
it was probably a democrat or nevertrump person that told that to the media

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

It always cracks me up when "conservatives" jump into the gotcha game with who was here to get their picture taken first BS.

In fact the role of federal government in these situations should be limited to rescuing those in dire need and fixing vital public infrastructure. Private charity should handle the rest.

Offline ConstitutionRose

It always cracks me up when "conservatives" jump into the gotcha game with who was here to get their picture taken first BS.

In fact the role of federal government in these situations should be limited to rescuing those in dire need and fixing vital public infrastructure. Private charity should handle the rest.

This.

My Dad was a preacher.  We lived in a state much prone to tornados.  The church had two tractor trailer trucks and a warehouse of stuff.  One truck was stocked with water, clothing, food, first aid kits, blanket, pillows,  toothbrushes and other necessities.  It went first.  I went with my Dad dozens of times.  You get folks to shelter and make sure they have medical care and the necessities.  Church members were right behind the truck to help with clean up.   The church coordinated with groups in the community and the other truck would make trips with furniture, bedding, groceries as needed to hrlp get the community  back on its feet.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cripplecreek

This.

My Dad was a preacher.  We lived in a state much prone to tornados.  The church had two tractor trailer trucks and a warehouse of stuff.  One truck was stocked with water, clothing, food, first aid kits, blanket, pillows,  toothbrushes and other necessities.  It went first.  I went with my Dad dozens of times.  You get folks to shelter and make sure they have medical care and the necessities.  Church members were right behind the truck to help with clean up.   The church coordinated with groups in the community and the other truck would make trips with furniture, bedding, groceries as needed to hrlp get the community  back on its feet.

As an electrician my Grandfather was a civil defense captain in my hometown. He and others with various areas of expertise would get out and around after storms to clear roads, make simple repairs for people who needed it, check on the elderly etc. The Methodist and Baptist churches would both be open to feed people and get a roof over their heads if need be.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Reminder: the Trump caucus criticized Cruz for the same thing not too long ago.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Another one of the "under educated" that Trump loves.

And as far as him being a Christian, I'd say a half or better at that would consider his shirt blasphemous.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

As usual you are right. Point taken.

Offline Cripplecreek

What No loaves and fishes?

I understand not wanting to smack a rock and make water flow forth in this particular situation but a real messiah could at least part the waters.

Oceander

Dont believe everything you read or hear from anonymous sources.  They were there for a while.
it was probably a democrat or nevertrump person that told that to the media

/snicker

If it's not worshipful of Trump, it must be false.

Offline mountaineer

The Governor asked Trump not to come.
Probably because the governor supports Clinton.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sinkspur

Why not call ahead and have a trailer truck load of water backed up so that he could be seen delivering a necessity to people who are in need of the basics?  Indeed, it could have been Trump water, brought over from Mar a Lago in Florida.

Who came up with this absurd idea to hand out a couple of boxes of Play Dough? 

And Trump said he would buy flood insurance for anybody who wants it in the flood zone. Another promise he will NEVER fulfill.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why not call ahead and have a trailer truck load of water backed up so that he could be seen delivering a necessity to people who are in need of the basics?  Indeed, it could have been Trump water, brought over from Mar a Lago in Florida.

Who came up with this absurd idea to hand out a couple of boxes of Play Dough? 

And Trump said he would buy flood insurance for anybody who wants it in the flood zone. Another promise he will NEVER fulfill.

Oh please sink..the Play Dough is for the kids in the refugee centers.....lighten up
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RoosGirl

It *is* non-toxic. ;)

Actually, when kids go through this kind of disaster it's a good morale booster for them to have something they can play with that was.  I'm not going to fault anyone for supplying some little trinket for them to have while waiting for life to get back to normal.