Author Topic: US scrambled jets as Syrian regime targeted Kurdish forces: Pentagon  (Read 679 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
US scrambled jets as Syrian regime targeted Kurdish forces: Pentagon

The US-led coalition scrambled fighters after Syrian regime jets targeted Kurdish forces working with US advisers in northern Syrian, an incident marking another escalation in Syria's bloody conflict, the Pentagon said Friday.

Thursday's air strike, conducted by two Syrian SU-24 attack planes, targeted Kurdish forces who were undergoing training from US special operations advisers in the area around the northeastern city of Hasakeh, Pentagon spokesman Captain Jeff Davis said.

"This was done as a measure to protect coalition forces," Davis said.

"We will ensure their safety and the Syrian regime would be well-advised not to do things that place them at risk... We view instances that place the coalition at risk with utmost seriousness and we do have the inherent right of self defense."

But the warning appeared to fall on deaf ears -- Syrian regime warplanes bombarded Hasakeh for a second day on Friday.

Read More At: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-scrambled-jets-as-syrian-regime-targeted-kurdish-forces-pentagon/ar-BBvPl2x?ocid=ansmsnnews11

Pretty ominous and bad news. We'll see. I did not see this at my main sources, Voice of America and Radio Free Europe.

Offline kidd

Re: US scrambled jets as Syrian regime targeted Kurdish forces: Pentagon
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 10:18:35 am »
I dunno.

Obama has been trying to take out the Syrian government for years.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 01:04:52 pm »
I dunno.

Yeah, but only for dinner at a 5-star restaurant.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 02:14:16 pm »
I dunno.

Well, they helped blow up 250 Marines of ours in Beirut.  That's what I know! Do you?

And weapons are transported to Hezbollah through there to attack Israel.

Assad allowed terrorists to operate from Syria and attack US forces in Iraq; that is indisputable.

It is indisputable that the Bush administration also almost expanded the war into Syria unless they stopped aiding the same terrorists they fight today.