Author Topic: Trump to African Americans: 'What Do You Have to Lose?'  (Read 1388 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to African Americans: 'What Do You Have to Lose?'
« on: August 19, 2016, 10:34:39 pm »

Newsmax
Trump to African Americans: 'What Do You Have to Lose?'
Friday, August 19, 2016 06:17 PM

By: Todd Beamon

Donald Trump made his most direct appeal to African Americans on Friday, asking "What do you have to lose?" while slamming longstanding Democratic policies that have destroyed inner cities and sent manufacturing jobs to Mexico and other countries.

"We cannot fix our problems by relying on the same politicians who created our problems in the first place," Trump told a rally in Dimondale, Mich., a suburb of Lansing in the southwestern part of the state. "A new future requires brand-new leadership.

"Look how much African-American communities have suffered under Democratic control," he continued in his appeal to the party's longtime base. "To those I say the following: What do you have to lose by trying something new, like Trump? What do you have to lose?

"You're living in poverty. Your schools are no good. You have no jobs. Fifty-eight percent of your youth is unemployed.

"What the hell do you have to lose?" Trump asked before predicting, "at the end of four years, I guarantee you that I will get over 95 percent of the African-American vote — because I will produce.

"I will produce for the inner cities and I will produce for the African-Americans.

"One thing we know for sure is if you keep voting for the same people, you will keep getting the same — exactly the same result," Trump said.

"Hillary Clinton is a throwback to an ugly past where politicians preyed on our poorer citizens while selling them out for personal gain."

The Republican presidential nominee's speech comes after a bruising week that saw a major shake-up of his campaign staff, including a new chief executive, Breitbart News executive chairman Steve Bannon, and Friday's resignation of campaign chairman Paul Manafort amid reports of lobbying ties to Ukraine.

Trump has been referencing African Americans in speeches — mostly in suburban or heavily white communities — since last week's racial unrest over a police-involved shooting in Milwaukee, but Friday's comments marked his most direct appeal to date.

He cited the contributions blacks have made to the country throughout history, hammered Democrat Hillary Clinton for backing policies that have "harmed" African-American communities over the years and said that his jobs plan would restore manufacturing to cities like Detroit and other Midwestern states.

"The African-American community has given so much to this country," Trump said. "They fought and died in every war since the Revolution. They've lifted up the conscience of our nation in the long march toward civil rights. They've sacrificed so much for the national good.

"Yet, nearly four in 10 African-American children still live in poverty, and 58 percent of young African-Americans are not working. They cannot find a job.

"We must do better as a country."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/donald-trump-african-american-black-voters/2016/08/19/id/744393/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump to African Americans: 'What Do You Have to Lose?'
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 10:38:47 pm »
I will say, I'm glad he is taking on this issue.

Unfortunately, because it is potentially a good issue, I suspect he'll sabotage himself on it in some way like he has done with other potentially winning issues.

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 11:19:04 pm »
OK, he couldn't get the Bernie supporters so now he's trying to court blacks.

First of all, it's not going to work.  He's not taking into account that the political hierarchy within black communities is solidly Democrat and the people are not going to vote against their own relatives, neighbors and friends.

Secondly, what could the President possibly do to change the plight of black people outside of the same temporary band-aid types of assistance that the democrats are known for?  Knowing that Trump is a big government liberal, his only possible solution would have to be some kind of FDR style government program that will eventually cause more problems and be cost prohibitive.

I'm afraid this is just more pandering to a voting block and I can't see it succeeding.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:19:55 pm by guitar4jesus »

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 11:24:21 pm »
I will say, I'm glad he is taking on this issue.

Unfortunately, because it is potentially a good issue, I suspect he'll sabotage himself on it in some way like he has done with other potentially winning issues.

Most likely.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 11:30:46 pm »
He'll get Carlton's vote, that's for sure.   :silly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu1gj010oa8

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 11:39:38 pm »
 :silly: :silly:

geronl

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 01:53:33 am »
Whatever self-respect they might have left.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 02:07:24 am »
"You're living in poverty. Your schools are no good. You have no jobs. Fifty-eight percent of your youth is unemployed.

"What the hell do you have to lose?" Trump asked before predicting, "at the end of four years, I guarantee you that I will get over 95 percent of the African-American vote — because I will produce.

You know, I love being talked down to.  "Your life sucks."  Enough of that and I think "You know, I suck." 

And there's this pasty-faced white guy who wants me to vote for him, who's saying "Your life may suck now, but it won't suck any more if you vote for me."

That's a really positive uplifting message, don't you think?

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 07:34:40 am »
You know, I love being talked down to.  "Your life sucks."  Enough of that and I think "You know, I suck." 

And there's this pasty-faced white guy who wants me to vote for him, who's saying "Your life may suck now, but it won't suck any more if you vote for me."

That's a really positive uplifting message, don't you think?

Nailed it.  More division from Trump.  Didn't papa Trump own some slum apartments in New York where he didn't want African Americans to rent?  And I wonder has Trump ever done anything for people of New York that live in the projects?  This is a man that can't even stand to have homeless Veterans outside of his buildings.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 08:16:13 am »
Nailed it.  More division from Trump. 

What you call "division" rational people call "truth":

We cannot fix our problems by relying on the same politicians who created our problems in the first place," Trump told a rally in Dimondale, Mich., a suburb of Lansing in the southwestern part of the state. "A new future requires brand-new leadership.

geronl

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 08:59:25 am »
You are a bunch of losers! Vote for me and I will make it all better, okay? - Trump

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2016, 09:21:19 am »
You are a bunch of losers! Vote for me and I will make it all better, okay? - Trump

:bsflag:

What Trump said is your leadership has failed you; for a better future vote for new leadership.