Author Topic: Salem Radio Network aka The (Wrong) Answer - vanity  (Read 875 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Salem Radio Network aka The (Wrong) Answer - vanity
« on: August 19, 2016, 06:34:15 pm »
Sorry folks, the biggest names on their network are riding in First Class on the Trump Train. I specifically refer to Mark Davis, Mike Gallagher, and Sean Hannity. All three have become downright belligerent in positing as fact "if you aren't for Trump, you're for a Hillary Presidency."

LOL, but it was Mark Davis just a few weeks ago, when trying to keep listeners who support Ted Cruz, said that within Donald Trump lives a petulant 9 year old boy. Of course, that would still be better than President HRC. Perhaps so, but that kind of ringing endorsement is not enough to capture my vote.

I listened to Gallagher while driving back from lunch. It was painful to listen to, he was talking over his listeners (and customers, Mike), and going off on so-called "NeverTrumpers."  He's been so giddy today, after Trump's "great" speech last night...you know, the "pivot" we've all been waiting for.

No need to call for a boycott of that station, as their ratings can't get much lower, if Arbitron is correct. They must be making money, as commercials take up over 40% of air time. The latest ratings showed them around 30th place (0.7), and a mere 0.2 ahead of Southwestern Adventist University.

By comparison, WBAP is 11th, with a 3.3.

The results may be skewed, as the ratings are from 6 am to midnight.

If someone out there has better ratings data, please feel free to chime in.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Salem Radio Network aka The (Wrong) Answer - vanity
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 06:37:18 pm »
I listen to Medved on KSKY.  Nothing else, as everybody else is a Trumpkin.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 06:51:14 pm »
Sorry I don't have any ratings data.  I used to listen to Rose Unplugged on the local "Answer," but she has apparently gone over to the dark side too.  A shame.  I really liked her, and I don't usually care for talking heads on TV or radio. 

Hope these personalities can make up the audience shortfall in real conservatives with the Trumpies. 
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:53:28 pm by Applewood »

geronl

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 07:24:14 pm »
I haven't heard Mark Davis since he was on WBAP or any talk radio for years now.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 07:24:43 pm by geronl »

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 08:58:41 pm »
Steve Deace is on the Salem network, I believe.  He's a firm NeverTrumper.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 09:31:08 pm »
Steve Deace is on the Salem network, I believe.  He's a firm NeverTrumper.

He's a good one.

Silver Pines

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 12:22:45 am »
He's a good one.

@geronl

Definitely.  One good thing about this election season is the coming to prominence of the next generation of Constitutional conservatives---Deace, Ben Shapiro, Dana Loesch, Matt Walsh, etc.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 12:48:26 am »
This should go in the radio area or contributions from members.

Steve Deace was one of Cruz's biggest supporters, he's with Salem.

Trump heavily criticized Hugh Hewitt.

But they are being smart,  they don't want to see a Clinton Presidency. That's a no-brainer.

Larry Elder rocks.

Silver Pines

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 01:04:37 am »
This should go in the radio area or contributions from members.

Steve Deace was one of Cruz's biggest supporters, he's with Salem.

Trump heavily criticized Hugh Hewitt.

But they are being smart,  they don't want to see a Clinton Presidency. That's a no-brainer.

Larry Elder rocks.

Deace supports neither the Clinton nor the Clinton donor.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2016, 11:58:51 am »
Sorry folks, the biggest names on their network are riding in First Class on the Trump Train. I specifically refer to Mark Davis, Mike Gallagher, and Sean Hannity. All three have become downright belligerent in positing as fact "if you aren't for Trump, you're for a Hillary Presidency."

LOL, but it was Mark Davis just a few weeks ago, when trying to keep listeners who support Ted Cruz, said that within Donald Trump lives a petulant 9 year old boy. Of course, that would still be better than President HRC. Perhaps so, but that kind of ringing endorsement is not enough to capture my vote.

I listened to Gallagher while driving back from lunch. It was painful to listen to, he was talking over his listeners (and customers, Mike), and going off on so-called "NeverTrumpers."  He's been so giddy today, after Trump's "great" speech last night...you know, the "pivot" we've all been waiting for.

No need to call for a boycott of that station, as their ratings can't get much lower, if Arbitron is correct. They must be making money, as commercials take up over 40% of air time. The latest ratings showed them around 30th place (0.7), and a mere 0.2 ahead of Southwestern Adventist University.

By comparison, WBAP is 11th, with a 3.3.

The results may be skewed, as the ratings are from 6 am to midnight.

If someone out there has better ratings data, please feel free to chime in.

I think we are close to seeing the end of talk radio imho.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2016, 12:03:47 pm »
I listen to Medved on KSKY.  Nothing else, as everybody else is a Trumpkin.

Medved is one of the few sane talk show radio host that is left..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org