Author Topic: Trump Donates An 18-Wheeler Worth Of Supplies For Louisiana Flood Victims  (Read 5504 times)

Offline unknown

Louisiana Flood Victims to Trump: "We Knew You Would Be Here," "We Love You"; "We're Glad You Aren't Playing Golf"

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/08/19/louisiana_flood_victims_to_trump_we_knew_you_would_be_here_were_glad_you_arent_playing_golf.html

Tim Hains
August 19, 2016

Donald Trump gets a warm welcome from victims of the Baton Rouge flood as he toured the devastation with Republican nominee for Vice President Mike Pence.

A devastating flood in Louisiana and Mississippi has destroyed 40,000 homes and killed 13 people this week.

"We knew you would be here, Mr. Trump," one woman yells to the candidate. "We knew you would be here for us!"

"We're glad you aren't playing golf," says someone else. President Obama played a round of golf yesterday with 'Seinfeld' creator Larry David.

"Mr. Trump! Thank you so much. We love you," says another person as he signs hats.

{.. snip ..}

I won't be here after the election and vote.

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran

Very powerful word bites and sound bites, imagery snaps which thinking people can compare and contrast with the medias' pummeling of GW Bush over New Orleans.

Trump adapts quickly to changing circumstances - great move

Obama won't change his gold tee times

Hillary home sick as usual

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Agreed, this was a good move by Trump,  in stark contrast to the can't-be-bothered attitude of Clinton and Obama. 
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline unknown

Donald Trump Hands Out Supplies to Louisiana Flood Victims
8/19/16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6qYuUGK77o

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:52:18 pm by unknown »

If Hillary wins - I will be busy, BLOAT! (It won't be long before she won't let you buy.)

If Trump wins, I won't be here to GLOAT. (I don't want to hang around while everyone looks at every speck in his eye.)

Offline skeeter

Agreed, this was a good move by Trump,  in stark contrast to the can't-be-bothered attitude of Clinton and Obama.

Ditto that. Credit where credit is due.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:53:07 pm by skeeter »

Offline unknown

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=33748

WATCH: Crowd praises Trump for visiting Louisiana; "We knew you'd be here!"

geronl

He came to interfere and slow down recovery activity for a few hours. I wonder if it killed anyone, but I guess the cult would bear any burden

Offline dfwgator

He came to interfere and slow down recovery activity for a few hours. I wonder if it killed anyone, but I guess the cult would bear any burden
If Donald Trump walked across Lake Ponchatrain, you'd just say, "You see, he can't swim!"

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Wingnut

If Donald Trump walked across Lake Ponchatrain, you'd just say, "You see, he can't swim!"

No, we would say he faked it cuz Trump new where the rocks were.

Offline dfwgator

Hillary can't be very happy with Obama right now.  She didn't think she'd have to do anything, because she figured Obama would handle it for her. 

Offline politicalwit

• MedRecruiterUSA, LLC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6qYuUGK77o

Free Trump H2O
Free Trump Vodka
Free Trump Steaks
Free Trump Tacos

Take all you want folks...it's a tax deduction!!!

Is your house under water? Learn how to make millions in the real estate using the "Trump University" program. Sorry folks, it's not free.   :th_10444:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hillary can't be very happy with Obama right now.  She didn't think she'd have to do anything, because she figured Obama would handle it for her.

Obama is heading there Tues..Hillary called the Dem Gov...lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Obama is heading there Tues..Hillary called the Dem Gov...lol

If nothing else he's sure stirring the pot!

Wingnut

with the relief effort underway Trumps comes to the area to meet with those affected.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 08:31:45 pm by Wingnut »

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
with the relief effort underway Trumps comes to the area to meet with those affected.

LOOTER DUDE!  Haven't seen him in a while.

Offline dfwgator

Always thought it would be funny if Looter Dude ran into Frank Booth....."HEINEKEN!!!  F___ that S___!!! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!!"

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Always thought it would be funny if Looter Dude ran into Frank Booth....."HEINEKEN!!!  F___ that S___!!! PABST BLUE RIBBON!!!"

:silly: :silly:

Wingnut

Someone Put Trumps head on him but I couldn't find it!  LOL..  But the Looter dude shows up all over the place!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Dem senator thanks Trump for visiting Louisiana
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 09:07:36 pm »
August 19, 2016, 02:41 pm
Former Dem senator thanks Trump for visiting Louisiana

By Jesse Byrnes

Former Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.) on Friday thanked Donald Trump for visiting Louisiana in the wake of intense floods.

"I want to thank Mr. Trump for coming to Louisiana," Landrieu said on CNN's "Wolf," adding that she thought the visit was helpful for the devastation-wracked state.

Landrieu said she thought Gov. John Bel Edwards' (D) "admonition" that Trump not come to the state for a photo-op "is a good one."

Still, Landrieu said, the GOP presidential nominee "brought attention to our state, and we need that now because this disaster ... is far larger than people can appreciate on television."

Landrieu noted that rain leading to intense flooding covered several parts of the state outside Baton Rouge, where Trump visited Friday with his running mate Mike Pence.

"This was a horrible rain event," Landrieu said.

Landrieu, who is now an adviser at a Washington, D.C.-based law firm, served for three terms in the Senate before losing her 2014 reelection bid to Republican Bill Cassidy.

Bel Edwards also said he didn't want President Obama to visit for at least a week or two because he didn't want to divert resources to road closures and security detail.

Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton wrote on Facebook that she spoke with the Louisiana governor, adding "flooding there is bigger than anyone expected" and while her "heart breaks for Louisiana," the relief effort "can't afford any distractions."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHM7m1K4Oos

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/292012-former-dem-senator-thanks-trump-for-visiting-la
Support the USO

Offline unknown

Trump tours La. flood damage, draws cheers as he says region will rebuild
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 09:30:33 pm »

Trump tours La. flood damage, draws cheers as he says region will rebuild

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/19/trump-tours-la-flood-damage-draws-cheers-as-says-region-will-rebuild.html

August 19, 2016

Donald Trump landed Friday in flood-ravaged Louisiana Friday, where he consoled homeowners and toured devastated communities, telling one homeowner he is "going to rebuild."

The Republican presidential nominee, with running mate Mike Pence at his side, stopped at the home of Jimmy and Olive Gordan in Denham Springs, where the couple was still sweeping out floodwaters from their home. A ruined couch, chair and bedroom furniture were piled on their lawn, and Jimmy Gordan told Trump he spent his 79th birthday on the roof of his house.

"I just don't know what we'll do," the man told Trump.

"You're going to rebuild,” Trump told him as the two hugged. “It's going to be so beautiful."

{.. snip ..}

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 06:33:44 am by R4 TrumPence »

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline guitar4jesus

• Yup...
Trump did the right thing with this action.  He will gain a measure of political advantage because it it.  Although, he did look very much like a fish out of water in this setting.

We'll have to see if he can avoid throwing it all away with his loose tongue once again.   :pondering:

Oceander

A soupçon of aid to purchase political advantage.  Tens of thousands have lost their homes, and at least 13 have died.  How will one truckload of supplies help them all, or even a handful of them?

debrawiest

It won't help all of them, but it's a start. He did a good thing.