Author Topic: Cruz's Image Among Republicans Tanks After GOP Convention - Gallup  (Read 2943 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Cruz's Image Among Republicans Tanks After GOP Convention - Gallup

by Jeffrey M. Jones

Story Highlights

•Cruz's favorable rating among Republicans at 43%, down from 59%

•Fifty percent of Republicans view Cruz unfavorably

•Among U.S. adults, 29% see him favorably, 58% unfavorably

PRINCETON, N.J. -- Republicans' views of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz have gotten significantly worse since he refused to endorse Donald Trump at the Republican National Convention, with his favorable rating falling from 59% to 43%. Now more Republicans have an unfavorable opinion of Cruz than a favorable one, reverting to the pattern seen when he suspended his presidential campaign in early May. His image had recovered in the months leading up to the convention.

snip

http://www.gallup.com/poll/194705/cruz-image-among-republicans-tanks-gop-convention.aspx?g_source=POLITICS&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bilo

Re: Cruz's Image Among Republicans Tanks After GOP Convention - Gallup
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2016, 05:18:21 pm »
Well if this is the "new" Pub party count me out.

I'll stick with honor and integrity every time over low character, personal attacks and sleaze.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 05:20:57 pm »
And Cruz is running for what this year?
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 05:24:32 pm »

by Jeffrey M. Jones

Story Highlights

PRINCETON, N.J. -- Republicans' views of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz have gotten significantly worse since he refused to endorse Donald Trump at the Republican National Convention, with his favorable rating falling from 59% to 43%. Now more Republicans have an unfavorable opinion of Cruz than a favorable one, reverting to the pattern seen when he suspended his presidential campaign in early May. His image had recovered in the months leading up to the convention.

snip

http://www.gallup.com/poll/194705/cruz-image-among-republicans-tanks-gop-convention.aspx?g_source=POLITICS&g_medium=topic&g_campaign=tiles

Well this is it then. Damn Cruz - he's not popular anymore.

I'm ditching all of the issues Cruz speaks to because he's not as popular with most republicans.

Thanks for posting this. I need to know how to think about things.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 05:29:32 pm »
When you don't have anything good happening with your Chosen one attack someone else. I find it so amazing that the sTrumpettes who spend so much time attacking #NeverTrumps for not spending enough time attacking Clinton spend so much time attacking Cruz instead of attacking Clinton almost like they are terrified Cruz will run against someone named Trump in 2020 so instead of attacking Hilary they 11513 and  :troll: Cruz.

I might have been able to run that sentence on longer, but I got tired.

Offline beandog

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2016, 05:31:59 pm »

by Jeffrey M. Jones

Story Highlights

snip

I'm not surprised it's down among Republicans because 38% of these losers supported the Great Orange tRumpkin.  I bet it has gone up among true conservatives who were and are smart enough to recognize what a liar tRump is.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 05:36:26 pm »
Favorability/unfavorability ratings are a curious way for Trump fans to attack Cruz, doncha think?

Trump favorability - 31%
Trump unfavorability - 66%
Bloomberg

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 05:38:44 pm »
Favorability/unfavorability ratings are a curious way for Trump fans to attack Cruz, doncha think?

Trump favorability - 31%
Bloomberg

Needs more cowbell , uhhh  font
Trump favorability - 31%
Bloomberg
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:20:21 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2016, 06:39:46 pm »

IOW

Cruz Down,

Denial Up
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2016, 06:44:45 pm »
It looks like there is no way Cruz is going to win the 2016 GOP nomination for President now.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2016, 06:50:35 pm »
IOW

Cruz Down,

Denial Up

When are you and the rest of the Trumpkins gonna start focusing on the opponent in the General Election?

Don't you want to WIN in November?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2016, 06:55:17 pm »
When are you and the rest of the Trumpkins gonna start focusing on the opponent in the General Election?

Truthseeker can't help it.  He has his orders from the Freeper Mothership, and must carry them out. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2016, 06:56:19 pm »
Denial Up
I hope you are referring to yourself.  Cruz is irrelevant to the 2016 election.  Gallup is feeding you bile to to stir up your anger at Republicans...to distract you from the real battle of Hitlery VS Trump.   
Why are you still battling for the GOP nomination?

Do you think your gloating over Cruz's low popularity is winning votes for Trump or Hitlery?
Can you see the marionette strings tied to your arms and legs?
Do you hear the laughter of the little children?
Dance Gallup Puppet.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:57:17 pm by Once-Ler »

geronl

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2016, 06:56:51 pm »
Ted Cruz isn't up for re-election until 2018, when Trump will be a distant bad memory

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2016, 07:00:54 pm »
Ted Cruz isn't up for re-election until 2018, when Trump will be a distant bad memory

With the psychotic level of obsession Trump has with Cruz, he might immigrate to Texas.

Silver Pines

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 08:48:55 pm »
Ted Cruz---Trump supporters just can't quit him!

Online Hoodat

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 09:02:59 pm »

Trump is already a bad memory.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 09:08:57 pm »

Unable to confront their inevitable defeat in November, Trump supporters continue to pile on the primary opponent of his only victory.  Well into Hillary's first term, Trump supporters will still be campaigning against Ted Cruz and Conservatism in general.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 09:09:22 pm »
Trump is already a bad memory.

Not distant enough.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 09:13:01 pm »

by Jeffrey M. Jones

Story Highlights

snip

Explain how any of this is good news for Donald Trump?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 09:14:38 pm »
When you don't have anything good happening with your Chosen one attack someone else. I find it so amazing that the sTrumpettes who spend so much time attacking #NeverTrumps for not spending enough time attacking Clinton spend so much time attacking Cruz instead of attacking Clinton almost like they are terrified Cruz will run against someone named Trump in 2020 so instead of attacking Hilary they 11513 and  :troll: Cruz.

I might have been able to run that sentence on longer, but I got tired.

:silly:  :silly:  :silly: :silly:
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

geronl

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 09:27:23 pm »
With the psychotic level of obsession Trump has with Cruz, he might immigrate to Texas.

We need a wall!!

geronl

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 09:28:20 pm »
  Well into Hillary's first term, Trump supporters will still be campaigning against Ted Cruz and Conservatism in general.

I think that will be the case.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 09:31:44 pm »
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 11:04:39 pm by Hoodat »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 10:06:08 pm »
Well, a fair number of Cruz supporters are no longer Republicans so they wouldn't be counted anymore in these polls. If Republican's are not losing significant membership then it's because of the alt-right crowd is replacing conservatives who've left the party.