Author Topic: Trump in scripted speech: I regret causing ‘personal pain’  (Read 11186 times)

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: Trump in scripted speech: I regret causing ‘personal pain’
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2016, 02:43:35 am »
Actually, I wonder if this was the last speech scripted by Manafort.   :pondering:

If he manages to give another speech like this next week, then we'll know it's the new team's doing.  :shrug:
Let it burn.

Oceander

« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2016, 02:43:42 am »
What a stupid comment, @ Oceander, even for you.

Trump's going to win this election.  Perhaps your time is better spent dealing with this reality than throwing desperate insults at fellow posters.

Give it a try.

What brought you out of your little safe space romper room?  You know you can't delete posts you don't like here.

Trump's not going to win this election.  He's alienated way too many people already and through incompetence and inaction he's allowed Clinton to establish the narrative and the terms of debate for this election.  Haven't you figured it out yet?

Every time your God says something stupid it simply adds another brick to the narrative that he's a dangerous loose cannon.  Meanwhile, Clinton has so effectively insulated herself from criticism for her misdeeds that, while nobody really likes her, they feel they could live with her.  A legitimate, competent republican candidate would be leading Clinton by at least 10 to 15 points by now.  Trump has never managed to get ahead of Clinton except in a few long-tail polls here and there.

You're the one who needs to deal with reality.  Step away from the orange kool-aid and start using the brains God gave you; unlike metal, brains don't rust from disuse, even total disuse.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2016, 02:46:40 am »
You're hitting the sauce too, cupcake.

Ah, another asinine comment from an asinine #NeverTrumper.   Why would I "hit the sauce" when my candidate is winning? 

Hitting the sauce is your meme.  And understandably so @Timber Rattler   --- understandably so.   

Prayers up for your liver!  88devil

Oceander

« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2016, 02:47:57 am »
Ah, another asinine comment from an asinine #NeverTrumper.   Why would I "hit the sauce" when my candidate is winning? 

Hitting the sauce is your meme.  And understandably so @Timber Rattler   --- understandably so.   

Must be NewSpeak because, in plain English, when your poll numbers are smaller than the poll numbers of the other side, you're losing.  You really ought to stop drinking the kool-aid.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2016, 02:49:52 am »
Trump's not going to win this election.

Yes he is @Oceander.  And you already know this. 

But it sure is fun watching you flop around like a trout on a boat.   888blackhat

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:50:12 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2016, 02:50:32 am »
meh.
A 'It maybe, might have been me that farted in the elevator' mea culpa followed by an 'I will always tell you the truth'...

Well, we know he lies like a two dollar rug... so...

And btw, how about actual conciliatory actions to specific people that he unduly harmed by way of his slander....

unimpressed. Nice but generic, and factory canned 'almost admission'.

:talkhand:

Oceander

« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2016, 02:52:30 am »
Yes he is @Oceander.  And you already know this. 

But it sure is fun watching you flop around like a trout on a boat.   888blackhat

No he's not, and you would know it if you'd put down the bottle and start using the brains God gave you.  Polls aren't like golf.  As far as rational people are concerned, when your poll numbers are smaller than your opponent's poll numbers, that means you're losing; it doesn't mean you're winning.  Trump's poll numbers have always been smaller than Clinton's numbers, with the sole exception of one or two outlier polls here and there.  That means that he's losing.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2016, 02:54:39 am »

Must be NewSpeak because, in plain English, when your poll numbers are smaller than the poll numbers of the other side, you're losing.  You really ought to stop drinking the kool-aid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrhW9ZIajg0   88devil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrhW9ZIajg0

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #58 on: August 19, 2016, 02:54:53 am »

My liver's fine since I'm a teetotaler. So now you're out of your safe space now, please explain to this illustrious board how Trump could possibly be winning when a story you posted this morning in your safe space claimed that Hillary has only a "soft" lead over your orange messiah? You call that winning?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #59 on: August 19, 2016, 02:56:17 am »
I see you're hitting the sauce again David.

:whistle:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

geronl

« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2016, 02:56:52 am »
Not being vulgar and vile is not the "language of the insiders"

This statement is meaningless of course and he's as sincere as dirt.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2016, 02:58:40 am »
Trump says, "The sun is shining." The left-wing media, sinky and ocean pile on, "See! Trump's a racist!" Admit it. You know you guys do that.

But for some if us it's fun watching the dissonance, because we all know it. The sun is actually and truly shining.

Oceander

« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2016, 03:00:50 am »
Trump says, "The sun is shining." The left-wing media, sinky and ocean pile on, "See! Trump's a racist!" Admit it. You know you guys do that.

But for some if us it's fun watching the dissonance, because we all know it. The sun is actually and truly shining.

Wow.  Mix metaphors much.  What, you and David go get schnozzled together tonight?

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2016, 03:01:14 am »

What a stupid comment, @Oceander, even for you.

It's all he's got left, now.    :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2016, 03:02:52 am »

/snicker

Wow.  Such a wonderful comeback.  Perhaps the problem isn't that you've had too much, perhaps you haven't had enough.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2016, 03:03:25 am »

Because he knows he's on the losing end of this battle...or should I say bottle?  :silly:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2016, 03:04:12 am »

More asininity from AC, our resident tut-tutter. 

What does any of that even mean?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2016, 03:04:31 am »

So you crawled out of your safe space too?
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2016, 03:06:02 am »

“As you know, I am not a politician. I have worked in business, creating jobs and rebuilding neighborhoods my entire adult life," he said in a rare scripted speech in Charlotte, N.C.

[/quote]

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2016, 03:06:04 am »
 :thud:

... OK, I'll check back in the morning to see if any intelligent comments show up.

:bolt:
Let it burn.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2016, 03:08:17 am »
The teleprompter does him a lot of good.  He is an excellent off the cuff speaker, but he does tend to get lost in the weeds (and it is very easy in any kind of public speaking to get off topic, get lost in your own thoughts and completely disconnect your mouth from your brain).  I think he sounds more disciplined and makes his points very well, compared to the incredible shrieking Hildebeest.

Every time I hear her speak, she always attempts to out-shout the applause and just gets more raw and more bawling. 

This is a good place for Trump to start the real campaign at this point in August.  Nothing really gets going until after Labor Day when Congress comes back into session and the Presidential race really heats up.  Trump is laying the ground now for the completely different race, post-primary.  I expect him to stay laser focused on the Hildebeest from here on out.

Get over it.  It ain't the first or the last time you have had to hold your nose and vote your ballot.  Considering only a third of the country votes, your vote counts for 3.  Kwitcherbitchin and start being a part of preventing Hillary Clinton from being elected. 

You don't have to vote for Trump, but you damned well better plan on voting against her!!

:smokin:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 03:10:06 am by Chieftain »

Online Timber Rattler

« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2016, 03:13:30 am »
The teleprompter does him a lot of good.  He is an excellent off the cuff speaker, but he does tend to get lost in the weeds (and it is very easy in any kind of public speaking to get off topic, get lost in your own thoughts and completely disconnect your mouth from your brain).  I think he sounds more disciplined and makes his points very well, compared to the incredible shrieking Hildebeest.

Every time I hear her speak, she always attempts to out-shout the applause and just gets more raw and more bawling. 

This is a good place for Trump to start the real campaign at this point in August.  Nothing really gets going until after Labor Day when Congress comes back into session and the Presidential race really heats up.  Trump is laying the ground now for the completely different race, post-primary.  I expect him to stay laser focused on the Hildebeest from here on out.

Get over it.  It ain't the first or the last time you have had to hold your nose and vote your ballot.  Considering only a third of the country votes, your vote counts for 3.  Kwitcherbitchin and start being a part of preventing Hillary Clinton from being elected. 

You don't have to vote for Trump, but you damned well better plan on voting against her!!

:smokin:

No.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2016, 03:14:29 am »
:thud:

... OK, I'll check back in the morning to see if any intelligent comments show up.

:bolt:

Fat chance of that happening. #NeverTrump is a permanent fixture around here. They're sorta like toe fungus -- they #nevergoaway.

Their every post is a new low in political discourse.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2016, 03:21:45 am »
Fat chance of that happening. #NeverTrump is a permanent fixture around here. They're sorta like toe fungus -- they #nevergoaway.

Their every post is a new low in political discourse.

When did you last post something of substance on this forum?

Your comments are akin to spit wads.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.