Author Topic: Trump in scripted speech: I regret causing ‘personal pain’  (Read 11190 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Trump in scripted speech: I regret causing ‘personal pain’
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 01:49:26 am »

Oceander

« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2016, 01:50:37 am »
Underwear riding up again, huh?     :whistle:

I see you're hitting the sauce again David.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2016, 01:52:16 am »
Well....that's progress, Sink!     :beer:

Don't get your hopes up.  I will never vote for Trump because we've seen the real Trump for the last year. This phony Trump sounds real good, and Trump is getting better at reading a teleprompter. 

He's still just as ignorant as he was yesterday and still doesn't have much of a historical context in which to place his comments.  He won't have Conway's words to guide him in a debate or in a press conference.

When I hear he's called the people he's mocked and humiliated and apologized, only then will  I believe his contrition is real.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2016, 01:52:44 am »
This Bannon is just the bump the sharps need to get the rubes betting. Teleprompters are truly magical muses.
edit: i suppose i should include conway in the foresaid bump. Interesting, the first 3 letters of both names ...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 01:57:24 am by Dirt for sale »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2016, 01:55:55 am »

Come on play nice...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Dirt for sale

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2016, 01:58:41 am »
Nothing wrong with the sauce. It covers in a pinch for the bad meat of reality.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2016, 01:58:44 am »
Yep.  Every word was poll tested.

Of course it was..what is new about that they all do it and Kellyanne's speciality is polling so that helps.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 01:59:43 am »

stuart stevens
‏@stuartpstevens stuart stevens Retweeted Alex Shydler
Trump is in the Death Bed Conversion stage of his candidacy, hoping he can get religion before it's too late

stuart stevens ‏@stuartpstevens  14m14 minutes ago
stuart stevens Retweeted Byron York
What does it say about @realDonaldTrump authenticity & character that it takes new staff to layer on a conscience?

Oceander

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2016, 02:01:14 am »
Of course it was..what is new about that they all do it and Kellyanne's speciality is polling so that helps.

I hope you can appreciate the irony:  the "man" who was feted for being willing to speak the truth, no matter how rude, is now being lauded for speaking words that aren't his and weren't conceived or written by him.  In short, Trump has traded his own sordid reality for poll-tested falsity.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2016, 02:07:30 am »
I hope you can appreciate the irony:  the "man" who was feted for being willing to speak the truth, no matter how rude, is now being lauded for speaking words that aren't his and weren't conceived or written by him.  In short, Trump has traded his own sordid reality for poll-tested falsity.

Well all candidates have speech writers...I am hoping they are writing his words and thoughts and just putting them in a more articulate manner....

I remember cringing at first when Dubya spoke...he got better as his campaign progressed.
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2016, 02:08:51 am »

Very good observation.  There is no new Trump.  There is just Trump and we know what he looks like.

Conway's not trying to get you and me.  She knows we're goners from Trump.  She wants those on-the-fence Republicans who might still be persuaded.  I don't think there are very many of them.  If there are, they are the most gullible human beings on the face of the earth if they believe this charade he's engaging in now.

Offline Meshuge Mikey

• Master of Visual Propaganda
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2016, 02:09:04 am »
I prefer the far more forthright utterances that emanate from the Mans "soul!"

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:12:22 am by Meshuge Mikey »
Have Indentified as a Male since birth!

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2016, 02:10:49 am »
Well all candidates have speech writers...I am hoping they are writing his words and thoughts and just putting them in a more articulate manner....

I remember cringing at first when Dubya spoke...he got better as his campaign progressed.

Oh come on!  You knew Dubya was a decent human being from the get go, no matter how goofy he sounded.  That's what people liked about him.

Trump is an insulting, degrading, authoritarian demagogue.  We've seen 13 months of his real self. 

Do not be fooled by one speech written by somebody else and merely read by him.

Oceander

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2016, 02:11:58 am »

The difference is that we know that Trump had nothing whatsoever to do with these words or the ideas they express.  This speech is 100% fake as far as Trump is concerned.  Other politicians have speechwriters to put into proper written or spoken form that politician's thoughts; Trump now has speechwriters to cover up Trump's thoughts and create a false facade to cover up the sordid reality that's been on display for the entire campaign to-date.

What made people cringe when GWB spoke was his inarticulateness, not his thoughts and beliefs.  What makes so many people cringe when Trump opens his mouth is, precisely, the thoughts and beliefs he expresses; his inarticulateness plays second fiddle.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:13:45 am by Oceander »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2016, 02:18:01 am »
Oh come on!  You knew Dubya was a decent human being from the get go, no matter how goofy he sounded.  That's what people liked about him.

Trump is an insulting, degrading, authoritarian demagogue.  We've seen 13 months of his real self. 

Do not be fooled by one speech written by somebody else and merely read by him.

I didn't know Dubya when he came on the scene...you did you're from Texas....and of course he became endearing but you already know how much I liked him.

I am not fooled by one, two or three good speeches I have just commented on how good I thought they were...don't read anymore than that into it....

..and please don't ridicule those of us still on the fence..this is one of the hardest and most stressful decisions we are about to make...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:19:37 am by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2016, 02:19:02 am »
How long before we read about Trump chafing under Conway's iron thumb and he brings Lewandowski back?

I give it no more than a month.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2016, 02:22:26 am »
I didn't know Dubya when he came on the scene...you did you're from Texas....and of course he became endearing but you already know how much I liked him.

I am not fooled by one, two or three good speeches I have just commented on how good I thought they were...don't read anymore than that into it....

..and please don't ridicule those of us still on the fence..this is one of the hardest and most stressful decisions we are about to make...

I have little doubt you'll vote for Trump.  It's OK.  You're doing it to stop Hillary and that's fine.

Conway needs to persuade women who have turned their backs on Trump to take a second look at him.  That's the reason for the apologies and the temperate language.

The real question is, will Trump lose the bubbas over exposing his touchy-feely side?

Oceander

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2016, 02:29:07 am »
How long before we read about Trump chafing under Conway's iron thumb and he brings Lewandowski back?

I give it no more than a month.

Shall we start a betting pool?

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2016, 02:32:18 am »
It was a nice speech delivered by a liberal fraud.

Oceander

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2016, 02:33:53 am »

For a few thousand dollars I'm sure any one of us could get a speech that sounded just as pretty, and had no more connection to who we really are than this speech has to who Trump really is.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2016, 02:36:29 am »

What a stupid comment, @Oceander, even for you.

Trump's going to win this election.  Perhaps your time is better spent dealing with this reality than throwing desperate insults at fellow posters.

Give it a try.  We'd all appreciate the effort.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 02:37:16 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2016, 02:36:39 am »
When I hear he's called the people he's mocked and humiliated and apologized, only then will  I believe his contrition is real.

And paid back the people he's ripped off, and taken actions to formally renounce repayment of the campaign loan, etc.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2016, 02:38:59 am »
Trump only regrets having to say that he regrets causing pain.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2016, 02:40:45 am »
What a stupid comment, @Oceander, even for you.

Trump's going to win this election.  Perhaps your time is better spent dealing with this reality than throwing desperate insults at fellow posters.

Give it a try.  We'd all appreciate the effort.

You're hitting the sauce too, cupcake.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2016, 02:42:52 am »

I give him 48 hours before he slips the leash again and mauls a jogger.