Author Topic: Trump, son-in-law recently looked into investing in, or taking over, a media company  (Read 550 times)

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
More on the real 'end game' or downside protection in this race.

As comfortable as Mr. Trump may feel with Mr. Bannon’s style of politics, their unconventional alliance, and the possibility that the coming weeks could resemble a conservative publicity tour more than a conventional White House run, fueled speculation that Mr. Trump was already looking past November.

In recent months, Mr. Trump and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, have quietly explored becoming involved with a media holding, either by investing in one or by taking one over, according to a person close to Mr. Trump who was briefed on those discussions.

http://hotair.com/archives/2016/08/18/nyt-trump-son-in-law-recently-looked-into-investing-in-or-taking-over-a-media-company/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I think Trump wants to lose but have media control over 25 percent of the party so he can make money off of them.

He doesn't want to be Barack Obama, he wants to be Ted Turner.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
He's bought a NJ political newsletter which I get daily. As of Monday PolitickerNJ is owned by Observer Media. It's gone from a plain vanilla newsletter to one with HTML, pictures, and all the bells and whistles.

http://observer.com/new-jersey-politics/

If you google "PolitickerNJ " - this is the URL you will now get. It's actually much nicer to read.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 09:52:28 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He's bought a NJ political newsletter which I get daily. As of Monday PolitickerNJ is owned by Observer Media. It's gone from a plain vanilla newsletter to one with HTML, pictures, and all the bells and whistles.

http://observer.com/new-jersey-politics/

If you google "PolitickerNJ " - this is the URL you will now get. It's actually much nicer to read.
Actually Kushner's owned that one for a few years now (along with its New York counterpart). I've read the New York version for a few years now; it's got a different perspective from the usual Albany press junket.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Actually Kushner's owned that one for a few years now (along with its New York counterpart). I've read the New York version for a few years now; it's got a different perspective from the usual Albany press junket.

I didn't know that, up until last week the NJ one was just letters and hyperlinks. Now it's really eye popping.

I enjoy reading it because it's bipartisan, and totally fair with its coverage.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️