Author Topic: Poll: Texas Republicans prefer Donald Trump and Rick Perry to Ted Cruz  (Read 4073 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

Poll: Texas Republicans prefer Donald Trump and Rick Perry to Ted Cruz

Texas Republicans supported U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz in the March primary, but they now prefer Donald Trump to Cruz as their party’s presidential nominee, and they would prefer former Gov. Rick Perry over Cruz in a potential Senate matchup in 2018, according to a Public Policy Polling survey released Wednesday.

Half of Texas Republicans said they would like Cruz to be their party’s Senate nominee in 2018, but 43 percent said they would prefer someone else. Presented with the alternative of Perry, just 37 percent supported Cruz.

Read More At: http://www.statesman.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/texas-republicans-prefer-donald-trump-and-rick-per/nsHFM/

Perhaps the voters want to vote their conscience!

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Poll: Texas Republicans prefer Donald Trump and Rick Perry to Ted Cruz
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 05:41:34 pm »

Spewing Democrat Push polls now?

Are you that desperate?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:19:16 pm »

Are you that desperate?

Someone failed basic math:

Half of Texas Republicans said they would like Cruz to be their party’s Senate nominee in 2018, but 43 percent said they would prefer someone else.
Presented with the alternative of Perry, just 37 percent supported Cruz.

I was taught that half beats 43% every day of the week. Let us not forget, as we regard the headline of this blatantly biased article, that Ted won 258 of 264 counties in the Texas primary.

In 2018, Rick Perry will be 69, and you really think he wants to become the junior Senator from Texas?
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 06:23:21 pm »

I was taught that half beats 43% every day of the week. Let us not forget, as we regard the headline of this blatantly biased article, that Ted won 258 of 264 counties in the Texas primary.

In 2018, Rick Perry will be 69, and you really think he wants to become the junior Senator from Texas?

You mean Trump's Bimbo Pierson didn't place in the  poll? :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2016, 06:25:46 pm »
You mean Trump's Bimbo Pierson didn't place in the  poll? :silly:

Shoot, she couldn't even beat Pete Sessions in the last primary, and Pete no longer maintains a residence in the district he represents.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2016, 06:26:00 pm »
The trumpers just can't let it go, can they?  I saw this thread on TOS and (by the way, I was allowed one post before being re-zotted) and those people are dancing on what they fancy to be the grave of Ted Cruz.

They are too dumb to realize that Cruz is the only ... or at least one of the few ... to come out of this farce of an election with his honor intact.

It seems like the trumpers have become trump.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 06:42:11 pm »
The trumpers just can't let it go, can they?  I saw this thread on TOS and (by the way, I was allowed one post before being re-zotted) and those people are dancing on what they fancy to be the grave of Ted Cruz.

They are too dumb to realize that Cruz is the only ... or at least one of the few ... to come out of this farce of an election with his honor intact.

It seems like the trumpers have become trump.

The dirty secret is that Perry polls well in Austin and central TX. Ted polls well in the suburbs and rural areas. I don't think that Perry wants to be a Senator, not after being the chief exec of Texas. He just can't be one of 100.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2016, 06:48:38 pm »
I was not aware that Trump or Perry were running for the Texas senate position in 2018 [/sarc]

geronl

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2016, 06:50:32 pm »
Texas actually did have a vote in the primaries and they clearly liked Ted Cruz better.

Online ScottinVA

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2016, 07:23:19 pm »
The Trumpers just can't quit Cruz, can they...

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2016, 07:25:47 pm »
Psychotic obsession if you ask me. 

HonestJohn

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2016, 07:57:20 pm »
Again...

...Cruz is not running for reelection this cycle.

He could have a 0% approval rating and it wouldn't matter.

Come back in 2 years.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2016, 07:59:37 pm »

Are you that desperate?

Apparently so.

When facts don't support your religion, you make things up.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

geronl

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 08:00:26 pm »
Cruz won't even need to raise funds for re-election

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2016, 08:00:54 pm »

It's a very weird obsession.

And definitely unhealthy.

If I were friends or family of any of these obsessed ones, I'd suggest counseling.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 08:14:17 pm »
Man I wish Kinky Friedman would run again.   I like my nuts out in the open on the front pourch for all to see, not hidden away.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 08:17:51 pm »

Thanks for the analysis.  Some people just aren't good at math.

Trumpanzees' continued obsession with Senator Cruz while ignoring the fact that their liberal hero Donald Trump is facing a inevitable landslide in the upcoming election is, in my opinion, evidence a mental illness, one shared with their orange savior.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 08:22:13 pm »
The politics of personal destruction are what Trump, Hillary and their supporters have in common.

With Trump, fealty is demanded or pursuit of punishment becomes a lifelong ambition.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Online Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 10:22:02 pm »

Voters always should vote their conscience.  Wait, do polls matter again?  I thought they were all cooked! Keeping up with Trump Dogma can be soooooo confusing.   :shrug:

Anyway, Sen. Cruz has two years to win back the Butthurt Trumpkins, if he chooses to run for re-election to the Senate. I'm sure we'll see lots of polls then, too.   10294

Hmm, "Butthurt Trumpkins", would that make a good name for a band...?  :pondering:
Let it burn.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 10:30:40 pm »

Hmm, "Butthurt Trumpkins", would that make a good name for a band...?  :pondering:

In Key West maybe.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline EtX

• Ready for Trump
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 11:18:39 pm »

Are you that desperate?

What else can tRumpbots do when mean Ol Ted haunts em night and day?

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 04:04:05 am »
Texas actually did have a vote in the primaries and they clearly liked Ted Cruz better.

Bingo and Cruz will win reelection easily. And the poll is from the Austin UnAmerican Statesman in the People's Republic of Austin. :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 04:25:17 am »
I don't care what the media says, once again the polls have proven without a doubt that Trump is going to beat Cruz in the November general election for President. Ted should drop out now!
The Republic is lost.

geronl

« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 08:13:38 am »
Trump and Perry will be distant memories in 2018 when Ted Cruz easily wins re-election

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 09:26:46 am »
Trump and Perry will be distant memories in 2018 when Ted Cruz easily wins re-election

Perry is a jackass who Americans have already forgotten.

Trump will be remembered for years to come as the man who helped Hillary get elected.