Author Topic: The Moral Cowardice of the NeverTrumpumpkins  (Read 10580 times)

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
Re: The Moral Cowardice of the NeverTrumpumpkins
« Reply #125 on: August 20, 2016, 06:34:50 am »
Considering the freaks running I was think more of:

MST3K

There's one big difference.

MST3K was funny as hell.

Donaldus Minimus and Hilarious Rodent Clinton are about as funny as screen doors on submarines.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #126 on: August 20, 2016, 07:03:01 am »
:beer:

I see that they are connecting with Trump, but what I wonder is, were they all this mean and arrogant before Trump and hid it from us, or has he changed them from nice people to nasty?

Good question and I've wondered about that a lot.  I've seen people I used to respect on FR turn into vicious monsters who not only accept every sleazy, crooked and morally corrupt thing Trump does but throw venom upon anyone who disagrees.

Did he change them completely or did they have that core of nastiness within them just waiting to be released by Trump worship?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #127 on: August 20, 2016, 07:25:37 am »
Anyone saying "Vote for the lesser of two evils" needs to stop saying "God bless America."  God will never bless evil, regardless of whatever you tell yourself to justify your actions.

Thanks Chae, exactly how I feel. Sometimes I think am one of the few social conservatives left in America and when I run across posts like yours my heart delights.

:seeya: :beer: :seeya:
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Hoodat

« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2016, 07:30:00 am »
For the sake of argument, let’s stipulate that Donald Trump is what the small but obsessive, increasingly deracinated, band of “never Trumpers” says he is.  He’s not a “movement conservative” – true.   He’s often crass and vulgar – true.  His quasi-grammatical flights of oratorical fancy often get him into trouble –also true.  .  .  .

Okay.  Therefore… what?

You failed to mention the most important one of all.  Trump is a big-government liberal.

As for Hillary, you knew up front that of the 17 GOP candidates, the only one who couldn't beat Hillary is the same one that her husband persuaded to run.

You knew up front that Trump was an enemy of the 2nd Amendment.
You knew up front that Trump supported government funding for abortion clinics.
You knew up front that Trump stood by the fascist principle that property rights belonged to the government.
You knew up front that Trump was a Democrat.

You knew.  You knew it all.  But just because you have made your bed, doesn't mean that I can be persuaded to lie in it with you.

For the umpteenth time, I don't vote for NY liberals.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline musiclady

« Reply #129 on: August 20, 2016, 01:09:59 pm »
Thanks Chae, exactly how I feel. Sometimes I think am one of the few social conservatives left in America and when I run across posts like yours my heart delights.

:seeya: :beer: :seeya:

We're out here.  I just think we're a shrinking minority, but we're still here.

Always good to meet a fellow traveler!   :patriot:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.