Author Topic: CDC: Gay, Bisexual Men Are 2% of U.S. Population, but 55% of Those Living With HIV  (Read 545 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Though it won't really be argued in this forum, recent debates elsewhere would be that saying things like "gays are the one's with HIV the most"  would sounds homophobic almost.

So, the stats still hold, a wildly disproportionate amount of gays represent the cases of HIV in the US.

CDC: Gay, Bisexual Men Are 2% of U.S. Population, but 55% of Those Living With HIV

(CNSNews.com) – Gay and bisexual men comprised about 2 percent of the U.S. population in 2013, but they accounted for more than half of all Americans living with HIV, according to new data released Wednesday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

A fact sheet posted on the CDC website on August 10 also shows that although the rate of HIV diagnoses have decreased 19 percent in the U.S. between 2005 and 2014, infections among gay and bisexual mean have increased, especially among African American and Hispanic/Latino gay and bisexual men.

“A 2016 analysis estimated that there are nearly 4.5 million gay and bisexual men in the United States and that 15% are living with HIV infection (11% diagnosed),” the agency noted.

More: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/cdc-gay-bisexual-men-are-2-us-population-55-those-living-hiv

Offline MajorClay

Offline mirraflake

I remember back in the 80's during my hedonistic days all the scare mongery about straight people catching it and 1/2 the US population dying off. I knew it was bullcrap then.

Miss those days  sniff sniff :(